The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

Dan06

HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

I think Melbourne is looking very strong for the next season and I think they have every chance of winning the title again. The only team in the competition that could really rival Melbourne for the title would be a full-strength Newcastle Jets.

However our best player Nick Carle has signed a contract to go and play overseas for Turkish club Genclerbirligi. Whilst it is sad to lose Nick it is important that he goes as it is his last chance to make it in Europe as he is in the prime of his career. He also says that he will return to the A-league after his European experience and insists that newcastle will be his first choice team when he returns :)

However it is not all gloom for the jets as we have gotten a transfer fee of approx $650000 for Carle and also signed 3 South Americans in recent weeks.

If these South Americans can produce the goods there is a very good chance that Newcastle will be celebrating its very first football title by the end of season 3.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

Dan06 said:
I think Melbourne is looking very strong for the next season and I think they have every chance of winning the title again. The only team in the competition that could really rival Melbourne for the title would be a full-strength Newcastle Jets.

However our best player Nick Carle has signed a contract to go and play overseas for Turkish club Genclerbirligi. Whilst it is sad to lose Nick it is important that he goes as it is his last chance to make it in Europe as he is in the prime of his career. He also says that he will return to the A-league after his European experience and insists that newcastle will be his first choice team when he returns :)

However it is not all gloom for the jets as we have gotten a transfer fee of approx $650000 for Carle and also signed 3 South Americans in recent weeks.

If these South Americans can produce the goods there is a very good chance that Newcastle will be celebrating its very first football title by the end of season 3.
I don't care if we win it, I just want to see us make the gf so we can go to Asia :cool:

(assuming Melbourne will do the double again)

Dan06

HSC

Well I hope that Newcastle do win it because then the trend of a different team winning it each year will continue. Plus its been two city teams which have claimed the title so far, so its time to give the country boys a go!

But mate you say you will just be happy to make the grandfinal but you wouldn't want to lose to Sydney in it would you??? lol

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

Sydney shold do well because they did shit last year b playing shit and having a shit coach and still finised 4th. So far wth Culina they have played pretty darn wel so they should be a good teamthis year

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

Dan06 said:
Well I hope that Newcastle do win it because then the trend of a different team winning it each year will continue. Plus its been two city teams which have claimed the title so far, so its time to give the country boys a go!

But mate you say you will just be happy to make the grandfinal but you wouldn't want to lose to Sydney in it would you??? lol
But that wouldn't happen since Sydney is our bitch :cool:

Dan06

HSC

Hey are you from Newcastle or Melbourne??? Well if Sydney is Melbourne's bitch then Melbourne is Newcastle's bitch (4-0)! lol naa i like Melbourne they play good football and have awesome fans!

Yeh I agree Sydney have potential but they need a striker who can score some goals. Zdrillic and Brosque just isn't working for them.

Dan06

HSC

oh so are you a Melbourne fan living in Newcastle or a jets fan?

sk1001

HSC

Gilbert1 said:
Sydney shold do well because they did shit last year b playing shit and having a shit coach and still finised 4th. So far wth Culina they have played pretty darn wel so they should be a good teamthis year
Shame they still are shit.
Melbourne have announced the signing of young gun Kaz Patafta. Looks like we are going to fucking blow away Sydney this year.

My tip for the 4:
Melbourne
Newcastle
Sydney
Wellington

Dan06

HSC

Well my top 4 will be..

Melbourne
Newcastle
Sydney
Queensland

I reckon after 2 seasons of only just missing out on the finals QLD will come through this year. They play exciting football and have a good core supporter base whcih is great to see for a club which has underachieved so far.

Besides Melbourne, QLD was the only club to get over 30000 supporters to a game last year and i think that if they can continue to get their supporters behind the team that they will go a long way next season.

Melbourne will be strong again but won't blow the competition away like last year while Sydney always seems to find a way to sneak in. This leaves my team Newcastle who I believe have the potential to on their day put 5 goals past any team in this competition.

However Nick Carle has left and our captain Paul Okon has also retired which leaves us with two big holes to fill but we seem to have bought some good players and hopefully should be right.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

Adelaide will make the top4. They have only gotten better this year.

HSC

It looks like Carney might be leaving as well ... going over to play for Sheffield Wednesday. European clubs are really starting to take notice of the rosters of A-League clubs, a trend emerging?

sk1001

HSC

Gilbert1 said:
Adelaide will make the top4. They have only gotten better this year.
Getting rid of old farts like Romario really does wonders. Agostino will flop, Sarkies will do shitall.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

Italian Hotshot said:
It looks like Carney might be leaving as well ... going over to play for Sheffield Wednesday. European clubs are really starting to take notice of the rosters of A-League clubs, a trend emerging?
FFA never thought that they could keep hold of our best Australian players. That was never the intention. The intention was to keep our 2nd tier players in Australia and get our best players playing in the best leagues in Europe. Eng Champ may not be that great but it is the fourth highest paying league in the world, but still not that great.

veridis

droog
HSC

Gilbert1 said:
Eng Champ may not be that great but it is the fourth highest paying league in the world, but still not that great.
Eng Champ IS great, it's 4th highest paying and at least7th in terms of quality. it rips MLS(Fred), Costa Rica(Hernandez) and Turkey(Carle). the top championship clubs would easily be mid table in germany, italy(only recently though) and france(would probably be top half). we don't want to go worshipping english football again(please no more butchers) but you hear people complaining about carney leaving to a second rate league and championship is far from that. moving to owls is a good move, both financially and in terms of career prospects.

as for the tard saying sydney have no youth, can you say milligan? can you say milligan>leijer? you lose.
oh and it's all well and good to have broxham when he's young, but if he's just going to fuck off like sarkies then what's the point

sk1001

HSC

Oh wow, one player! Milligan, that fucking weak combover cunt. He's still going nowhere. And FFS, LEIJER FUCKING OWNS MILLICUNT.

The difference between Broxham and Sarkies is that Broxham isn't fooking shite.

As for Patafta, and the horde of VIS/AIS kids knocking on the door.... *rolls eyes/scoffs at Sydney FC and their shitty dropkick Hungarian striker*

veridis

droog
HSC

patafta's absolut quality, but right now he's a bit player. he'll come off the bench for a bit of flair, thats if he gets off the bench at all. broxham has even less chance. look at your midfield, zorro, muscat, brebner, caceres, none of them are going to lsoe first team status. plus keenan and pantelidis will probably be pushing for a midfield place given your defensive signings. the young blokes are just going to sit on the bench to rot, they're better getting gametime in state leagues and joining train on squads with the aleague clubs. as soon as patafta develops he's going to fuck off back to europe. have fun nurturing all these kids for other clubs, you have to lock them in longterm like we did with milligan.
as for claiming leijer>milligan, hiddink agrees with me, so i dont care what stupid nicknames you can come up with.

sk1001

HSC

Wow, Millcunt got called up to the WC squad. Did he get on the pitch? Not even close! You can say these young guns are going to rot on the bench, but the fact they even chose Melbourne knowing they could be sitting on wood for a long time says alot. Injuries and suspensions will open a position for them anyhow. Keenan is a left back in case you didn't realise, and Pantelidis will play wherever he is needed.

Sydney can keep looking for their 35+ year old "marquee", but Melbourne, Newcastle and Wellington are seeing the light. Young South American talent infused with a quality bunch of Aussie players. Sydney, Queensland and Perth need to wake up and stop this marquee bullshit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)