The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

veridis

droog
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

sk1001 said:
Away fans should be held back for as long as necessary. That is police and securities fault more than anybody else.

Throwing a coin vs throwing a bottle at a tram, calling the kettle black.

Every state has its fuckwits, that is clear, but when your fuckwits start travelling to interstate games and causing trouble like that, that is something to be alarmed about. Of course 15 year old heroes will act like hard cunts in their own backyard, but will their moms allow to them travel interstate? No.

When you have mature fans travelling interstate going around no holds barred, trouble is bound to happen. Last time Melbourne came to Sydney was such a thing played out before the media?
away fans were being held back, there was a group of 200 home supporters blocking the exit and throwing things, i fail to see how you defend that.
i don't see how i'm calling the kettle black, i was among the first to condem the people throwing the bottle, but you feel better with that chip on your shoulder so i'll let you keep it.
notice when the trouble is, we've been fine travelling to adelaide and qld, we're always fine with CCM and newy, perth we dont get enough for it to be an issue. we only have issues with you guys, against other teams there are enough sensible people on both sides to tell the fuckwits to pull their heads in. your leadership seems unable to keep your blokes in line, so whenever there's big group of opposition fans shit blows up. it's a problem for all us but numbers mean the problems always going to be harder to control in melb, when things got aggro in bluetongue it was easy enough to isolate the problem and intervene, when you've got 200 home fans being knobs as opposed to 20 dynamics are different, that fact has not been accepted by anyone down there, MV, cops or fans. the constant blaming of others emanating from melbourne is why your blokes are involved in it most often. you guys had problems with the commie fans as well, i dont see how on earth you can say it's just a sydney problem. your kid/adult distinction is bollocks, note the main bad behavior from SFC fans was pre-game on the walk, even if they had been angels the post-game incident would have happened, if you can't see how 200 home fans blockading the away fans and throwing bottles and coins is a problem simply because they're not adults then there's no point continuing this discussion. controlling the 15 year olds is just as important.

as for the fat kid being an example of the poor SFC fans that happens at every HAL game, every NRL game, every cricket game, only difference being fat kid aimed it at a ref and there was a good photo. comparing fat kid to last weekend is laughable, without even touching the tard behaviour throwing an empty plastic cup or chewing gum is far from throwing a glass bottle at a tram. one is an attempt to humiliate the other an attempt to injure. i kinda feel sorry for the kid, it's laughable that he's been the biggest casualty of this supposed crackdown on hooligans, well apart from the johns guy who lost his wallet, tosser.

sk1001

HSC

They were not blocking the exit firstly. At telstra dome you can only exit through the back of the bay, and that was surrounded by security. Nobody could get in or out. Things may have been thrown between the gap between the two fans, but it's hard to argue that whatever was thrown from one side, was not thrown back.

Secondly, you never have problems with Newcastle or Central Coast because
i) Their population is small
ii) They are ALOT more family orientated

I'm not sure who you're referring to when you say the "commies". I have an idea you are referring to Adelaide. Again I was there, if you want to hear the story i'll tell you.

As for the fat 15 year old bloke, as far as projectiles go, there is no distinguishing feature between chewing gum and coins or the like. Projectiles are projectiles. Doesn't matter what you throw, you are throwing a projectile. Don't feel sorry for the kid because he turned himself in, he was fucked with his mug on gettyimages anyway. And yes, Nathan Johns can go fuck himself.

veridis

droog
HSC

i'm not saying the fat kid wasn't stupid, just that there are people who did much worse. it's amusing how much attention he got.

so by saying that other people don't have a problem you are admitting that there is something different about melbourne that does contribute to the problem, we're finally getting through this denial.
and the exit was blocked, the sydney fans were told to stay where they were after the game for 20 mins, that i have no problem with. but it wasn't just that they had to stay still while MV fans cleared out, there was a large group of fans outside the stadium waiting around. i ask you what were they waiting for. SFC fans were there because the cops and security wanted them to be, the MV fans were there despite being told to clear out.

sk1001

HSC

They were waiting for Sydney fans to come out, is that what you want to hear? Holding away fans inside is a common practice worldwide. Holding them for only 20 minutes is almost as bad as just letting them run free straight after the game.

SFC fans were not there because cops and security told them to be, they were there because they didn't want to get belted. You must understand that police and security in Victoria do not understand football culture. The situation in Sydney was handled much better by the police there.

veridis

droog
HSC

wait are you saying SFC fans were held back by stadium security or werent held back because security didn't understand? i'm well aware it is common practice and have no problem with the core concept of it, it was the implementation that sucked, allowing away fans to gather outside the gate, across the gap between bays and on the balcony above. also moving away fans onto an open terrace instead of using the closed function room was jsut fucking stupid. despite this you are wrong in saying that the SFC fans were simply there becuse they wanted to be. if the cove leaders were in control it would have been handled much better.

sk1001

HSC

I would say security was trying to hold them back. Level 2 are more expensive seats, so I personally don't think that would have been a huge problem, theres a fat gap between the South end and away bay supporters as well and while things were thrown, the majority of it was just chanting and banter.

From what I've heard, Sydney fans were actually moved into a closed function room.

Police and security in Victoria arn't the best at controlling these sorts of events, but the media has still made a fucking hash out of all this.

ZaraKu

HSC

Oh stop whining, stupid Sydney and Melbourne fans...

So, what's everyone's tip for the Sydney Vs. LA Galaxy match tonight? anyone going?, I hope LA win, just to see Bling FC have a cry lol.

ZaraKu

HSC

and as for little kids going round and rioting and whatever, it's also drunk 19 and 20 year olds that spoil it too, you can't just say it's all one age groups fault, everyone contributes, and alcohol at times fuels it and can make the situation worse

blakegman

HSC
N/A

ZaraKu said:
Oh stop whining, stupid Sydney and Melbourne fans...

So, what's everyone's tip for the Sydney Vs. LA Galaxy match tonight? anyone going?, I hope LA win, just to see Bling FC have a cry lol.
i dont think sydney are even treating it as a serious game. Even if LA won, you would probably expect that result, seeing as an MLS team would be expected to beat an a-league team, and its pretty much the sydney reserves playing, all the teenagers who suck

sk1001

HSC

fucking gimmick cup isn't it. 95% of the people at tonights match wont be able to name another galaxy player apart from beckham and 20% wont be able to name a Sydney player.

80,000 one night, 10,000 the next. That's Shitney for you.

ZaraKu

HSC

Touché lol. but then again I can't name any LA players apart from Beckham, it's not my job to follow U.S soccer, but I can name a few SFC players, sadly...

blakegman

HSC
N/A

LA played poorly. so did sydney, but we did have our crappy little youngsters out there, hardly full strength in the second half, but they were hardly fit either. nice to see that shit cunt get a red too, filthy play

the free kick will make headlines everywhere, even though i didnt hink it was that amazing, a world class keeper woulda saved it, but alas, we have clint bolton.

sk1001

HSC

"70,000 people. We play every week." - good banner, says it all

fucking fickle cunts

ZaraKu

HSC

and now Sydney are complaining saying they got treat unfair and that LA played dirty for a "friendly". Both teams played dirty in my opinion but it was still entertaining. Beckham's goal was pretty cool though, at least he was kind enough to remind players that it was only a friendly and not an actual competition match.

sk1001

HSC

whinge whinge whinge. the people got to see what they wanted. If sydney can get just 1 additional person to attend their games for the rest of the season, great success!

ZaraKu

HSC

haha so true. I only wanted them to lose so Kosmina would've chucked a spastic and hit someone

ZaraKu

HSC

so, who's everyone's bets for the top 4 this season?

for me:

Central Coast Mariners
Adelaide United
Newcastle Jets
and neither Queensland Roar or Sydney FC (unfortunately)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)