ON is my homeboy
HSC
Re: The Official Football Thread

Giroud and no one

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC

I wish Suarez could control himself sometimes, he will be amazing for like a month but then he will call someone a nigger or bite them and get suspended for two months. He has so much potential.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

Tbh that was a pretty poor performance from wsw. We had so many missed opportunities and it really should've been 5-0.

The atmosphere was crazy though - you should've seen my 60 year old father go apeshit when the flares went off, but the best bit by far was the last 15 minutes when everyone joined in with the RBB for 'we unite as one', the poznan and 'best trip'. So fucking good.

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC

WSW will do Australia proud in the Asian Champions League. By having crowds of 35000+ it will show the world how far we have come.
Imagine if they won the Asian Champions League and made it to the Club World Cup, that would be mental.

ebbygoo

HSC

WSW will do Australia proud in the Asian Champions League. By having crowds of 35000+ it will show the world how far we have come.
Imagine if they won the Asian Champions League and made it to the Club World Cup, that would be mental.
^^^^^^

Atmosphere yesterday was awesome; probably best so far- couldn't hear Sydney at all lol.
Even all these 60 yo's reading books at half time were jumping up and down doing poznan and stuff lol.

ebbygoo

HSC

Oh btw #sydneyisredandblack #Letitrainletitpourwewillsingforevermore

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A

With Real Madrid trailing 1-0 at half time, Cristiano Ronaldo went to ground in the box under pressure from Barcelona's Javier Mascherano. Contact was made, but the referee waved play on. Was it the right call?

Ronaldo clearly thought it was a penalty, as his reaction showed.

Last edited:

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC

I was surprised that Ronaldo was denied a penalty by the ref in the second half, even though there was clear contact by Mascherano.
Ronaldo has such a reputation for diving the ref probably assumed it was a dive.
The game was played at the Camp Nou, would have taken a brave man to give a penalty to Real Madrid and if he gives a penalty it is a definite send off for Mascherano as he was the last man.
Penalty + send off in favour for Madrid against Barca at the Camp Nou, unlikely haha

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A

Ronaldo has such a reputation for diving the ref probably assumed it was a dive.
The game was played at the Camp Nou, would have taken a brave man to give a penalty to Real Madrid and if he gives a penalty it is a definite send off for Mascherano as he was the last man.
Penalty + send off in favour for Madrid against Barca at the Camp Nou, unlikely haha
You can't blame him for clear penalty. The commentators were saying it and even Barcelona fans are agreeing. That would have changed the game.

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC

You can't blame him for clear penalty. The commentators were saying it and even Barcelona fans are agreeing. That would have changed the game.
I have seen those given, and not many Barca fans could complain if it was given, but it all happens so quickly for the referee.

Makematics

HSC

With Real Madrid trailing 1-0 at half time, Cristiano Ronaldo went to ground in the box under pressure from Barcelona's Javier Mascherano. Contact was made, but the referee waved play on. Was it the right call?

Ronaldo clearly thought it was a penalty, as his reaction showed.
Yep shouldve been a penalty. But usually all decisions in other games tend to go our way, so i guess its fair that we got it right back at us.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A

I have seen those given, and not many Barca fans could complain if it was given, but it all happens so quickly for the referee.
As a Barca fan, I'm happy with the result, although I'm still not confident with their sloppy defence as it has been their achilles heel for a while. However, I'm pleased to see Tata Martino reinstall the high-pressing game that has been so successful and also implementing a rotation system in order to keep the players fit, so I'm optimistic about this season.

Last edited:

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

penalty imo

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

Dame I wished MU would have dropped pts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)