The Football Thread (5 Viewers)

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
23 000.

Sydney played good.....finally.

HSC
If Steve Corica is not in the World Cup squad for next year then Guus has to be sacked! :p

Nice to also see Brazilian Fernando Rech come back to play in Australia, this time with the Mariners. I remember him when I went to see afew of the Parramatta Power games, was a really dynamic player.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Here are the goals from the Queensland vs Sydney match.

Click Here!

Check out Corica's second goal and McFlynn's goal. They are both fricken awesome!!!

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Corica in the Socceroos, again?!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.......thanks, I haven't laughed like that in ages.

slip

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
If Steve Corica is not in the World Cup squad for next year then Guus has to be sacked! :p

Nice to also see Brazilian Fernando Rech come back to play in Australia, this time with the Mariners. I remember him when I went to see afew of the Parramatta Power games, was a really dynamic player.
errrm Fernando Rech is playign for adeliade united, not the central coast mariners...

and yes he was good for brisbane too.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
hehe, another midfielder Aussie Guus has to look at. How old is Corica now anyway?

And speaking of former socceroos, clayton zane is set to retire from injury. Shit, hes only 28, he cant get over his injury. its a pity, i thought he would be an a-league target

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Corica is 32 I think.

Poor Clayton Zane - I remember when he was getting big raps at Newcastle Breakers.

HSC
I know that age-wise Corica is no spring chicken, but surely some of his latest performances should at least bring him into contention? Who would you rather have on your bench - a reliable, experienced and consistent player like Corica or someone who is unreliable and and a liability like Colosimo? :p

Last edited:

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I'd rather have Vince Grella or Marco Bresciano. Colosimo is shit and Corica isn't up to the task at the moment. His performance of late have not been great, except for the match against Queensland, even then he wasn't playing that good.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
I know that age-wise Corica is no spring chicken, but surely some of his latest performances should at least bring him into contention? Who would you rather have on your bench - a reliable, experienced and consistent player like Corica or someone who is unreliable and and a liability like Colosimo? :p
Colosimo wont make the bench under Guus. he was a fav of farina and did play well against venezuala but one or two matches a year or two ago cant pit you in contention. I cant see Corica getting in either.

Shit, i was expecting to see a game last night. melbourne play newcastle, and i expect to see melbourne play at their best for a while. i think their season needs it, and they'll be playing an in form team

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
i told ya melbourne would get up. the a-league is a more interesting fight than epl anyway. queensland have looked so promising but they are now down to seven, but i bet theyll be back up in three or less weeks time.

1. Adelaide 11
2. Central Coast 8
3. Newcastle 7
4. Sydney 7
5. Perth 7
6. Melbourne 6
7. Queensland 5
8. NZ 3

Jimmy_B

HSC
Komit said:
I'd rather have Vince Grella or Marco Bresciano. Colosimo is shit and Corica isn't up to the task at the moment. His performance of late have not been great, except for the match against Queensland, even then he wasn't playing that good.
colosimo post injury is nothing special, but pre-injury he was unbelievable. he wouldnt have looked out of place at a top european side before that cunt andy cole crippled him. barr kewell and bosnich he was the most talented aussie player i'd seen pre-injury.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Jimmy_B said:
colosimo post injury is nothing special, but pre-injury he was unbelievable. he wouldnt have looked out of place at a top european side before that cunt andy cole crippled him. barr kewell and bosnich he was the most talented aussie player i'd seen pre-injury.
thats a big call. i see where you're comin from, but i think youre overrating him a tad

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
whiterabbit said:
I might take that statement seriously when i see you playing in the A-League...

Honestly, you can't compare a league which hasn't even finished its first season with well-established international competitions. Obviously the A-league isn't gonna be perfect and needs refinement. Give it some time, give it a chance.

And if you're so good, why don't you play? ;)
did i say i was good? :|

ehhh...ohwells, im too old to get into any teams now (yes, 18)..and yes *admits* im not good...lol

ONE thing that annoys me with the A-League, and it will get fixed eventually, is the sound we get through the broadcast, they'll have 20,000 people there but you can barely hear the crowd...How is one supposed to get all revved up/excited about watching a game (even if it is good) when there's no atmosphere (yes, i realise we're at home...) heard during the game...they need microphones, something so small could make a big difference :eek:

it's something that has happened in league a couple of times, and it annoys the shit out of everyone, it feels like you're watching park soccer when you can hear everything the players are saying (not yelling)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
What does everyone think about Adelaide?

Even though they are still undefeated, I'm not convinced that they have the goods. I reckon they are going to drop out of the top four by seasons end.

In fact, who do you reckon will be in the top 4?

I'm thinking (in no particular order):

Sydney, CC Mariners, Newy Jets and Melbourne Victory.

slip

HSC
hmm thats tough

this is my ladder prediction

1 Newcastle
2 Adeliade
3 Central Coast
4 Sydney
5 Queensland
6 Perth
7 Melbourne
8 NZ Knights

i expect newcaslte and adeliade to have a small gap from the rest of the league... neither of these teams are playing brilliantly but they are picking up points. they will at some stage play well and continue to pick up points.

queensland have already been playing well but have not been picking up points which is a concern. a form slump will come if they dont start picking up points very soon.

sydney and central have been patchy but have managed to earn some points... as they get more consistent, they will move away from qld and perth.

perth, melbourne and nz have yet to convince me they can compete with the other teams week in week out.

HSC
My top 4:

Sydney FC (me? biased? :rolleyes: )
Central Coast Mariners
Adelaide United
Perth Glory

I'll explain my choices later, when i'm not rushing off to work.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Braad, I totally agree with you. The Cove, the Marinators.............they are just there for looks - you can barely hear them and when you do its not really that inspiring.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
you probably cant hear the crowd in the games coz they dont make much noise. a little more passion from the cove instead of fake cheer would be nice. i suppose we'll just have to wait until the cove becomes tradition...

anyway, ive go my tips. i know that i'll be wrong and the competition is going to be so close that it could be anyone, anyone but NZ.

1. Sydney
2. Adelaide
3. CCM
4. Queensland
5. Melbourne
6. Newcastle
7. Perth
8. NZ

newcastles depth worries me, but hey, i think they'll prove me wrong. i doubt perth has got it right this year, but they'll win the comp two years. hey, they'll probably prove me wrong and make it this year. but i think nz coming last is a safe bet

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Sydney vs Adelaide this Sunday will GO OFF!

Who's going? It's first against second ... you don't want to miss THAT!

I'm there! And for those of you who aren't sure:

1) Everyone knows Adelaide's a shithole. You wouldn't want a team representing a shithole to embarass the greatest city in the world because that city's fans weren't numerous/supportive enough now would you?

2) Everyone knows Adelaide United are staunch overachievers, and like to choke their opposition for grinding victories. Don't you want to see a proper team finally put a bunch of aggravating spoilers like that in their place?

3) The Bling factor. Not only will you get to see All-Night Dwight (aka the Bling King himself), but just between you and me I heard a certain fan's ridiculous 80's clock-around-the-neck bling might be making a comeback.

4) Experience some refined scouser culture (eg. how to steal car wheels and stereos and wear a dodgy tracksuit) as Sydney FC celebrate their opponents in the upcoming Club World Championship, Liverpool FC.

- Courtesy of Tommo Mortimer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)