The flu (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
Who here has the flu or had it?

On Thursday last week I started getting a really sore throat, but it was like the area near the nose that was sore, so i was rather anoyed with that=-no soothers or icecream help relieve it. SO i called in sick for Saturday coz i didnt want to get the norovirus that has been going around and was apparently in the nursing home I work at. The sore throat eventually went away over the weekend but it was replaced by this annoying cough.

I started losing my voice on Monday which was quite bizzare, and annoying considering I am on my nursing prac. Completely lost it for a bit on Wed morning and coz of hte stupid snifflying etc i got a blood nose in the middle of a seminar and had to run out of the room. The faciliator asked if I was ok when i returned. I was fine, apart from feeling hot and flushed. It was so hard to not cough so much during the seminar but got through it. Tuesday night i threw up at night coz i was coughing so much. Then it happened again on Thurs night.

Thankfully my voice is slowly getting there. yesterday i thought that the cough was starting to go away coz i wasnt coughing so much, but then get to bed half asleep and then i wake up coughing up my food which wasnt good...and couldnt stop. So i had to ring up work and call in sick for this morning whcih isnt good coz i need the work and thats 3 wknds ive called in sick coz of being sick...

And now i feel so dizzy and got a headache from coughing all the fricking and its keeping my housemates up at night. Stupid medicaton isnt working either which isnt goog at all.

My friend said the other day that i may have whooping cough, and im like shit i hope not! Coz that is really contagious and I dont want to take time off prac for it. Oh well ill check with the doc on Tuesday when i go to get my routine blood test results...i know what they will say=low iron...tell me somehting i didnt know lol

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I have the flu at the moment.

Really sore throat on Wednesday. Lost my voice on Thursday and Friday. I've been blowing my nose for the past two days, and I have a mild headache and fever at the moment :(

quik.

HSC
I don't usually get sick. :]

Worst is often a blocked nose, which is easy to fix :p

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I had/have it. It's almost gone though.

There's a flu-A epemic going around. The best advice, is to relax and not push yourself. The worst thing you can do is push yourself while your immune system is fucked, resulting in you getting a chest infection on meningococcal, which might result in death.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
got it

felt it digging in its claws on monday night
have had a fever every day since tuesday. thats 6 days!
feel like crap

oh woe

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I've only ever had the flu once than I can remember, that was about 7 or 8 years ago.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
I haven't had the flu before *phews*. And currently my whole family has the flu, but i didn't catch it coz i got a flu injection. woot. who knew that i would actually come to like needles? indeed.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
ssejamafone said:
I haven't had the flu before *phews*. And currently my whole family has the flu, but i didn't catch it coz i got a flu injection. woot. who knew that i would actually come to like needles? indeed.
I prefer to take my chances than get an injection that I probably won't need. I haven't been to a doctor at all for about 10 years or something.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I have the flu at the moment.
Who here experiences sore lungs/chest wth the flu? I've sore lungs at the moment and it feels as if some sort of sharp object is lodged between the walls of the lungs.
Breathe in = pain in top area of right lung, which radiates towards the left.

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
It's cancer dude, you've three months max.
Sorry

HSC
Yep, I've had it too.. worst in the lungs... I had a few times where I couldn't breathe and then had kind of panic attacks... lots of fun.. I was sick all holidays and the first week of term.. only starting to get better now :(

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
yeh, well i've had a cough for about 2 months now. antibiotics didn't work, but the cough is getting alot better.

but i started getting a blocked nose a few days ago, which is the worst part of the flu, i seriously HATE the feeling of a blocked nose.

cutiebabyforeva

Coz I'm Cool Like That ;)
HSC
Im amazed at finding out that some people say they're never had the flu :O How the hell is that possible? I always get sick... Ive had the flu heaps of time.

Last time I had it was about 3 weeks ago during the holidays (which was just soooo convenient coz I had 4 assessments to do and I had to study for fucking trials). I had like a 40 degress temperature and couldn't even stand up... just stayed in bed all day. I was so nauseous I barely ate and lost 2 kgs in 4 days (and it's not like I have a lot of fat to lose so that's proportionally a lot).

And I had the whole symptons of course: fever, headache, nausea, sore throat, runny & blocked nose, coughing, horrible phlegm, sore body, dizziness etc....

I got it twice in a row and my sickness has now been dragging on for over 5 weeks

But heyy... life is tough, stop crying and harden up

quik.

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
but i started getting a blocked nose a few days ago, which is the worst part of the flu, i seriously HATE the feeling of a blocked nose.
Judging by the thread you made, your blocked nose will be much more bearable :)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
I prefer to take my chances than get an injection that I probably won't need. I haven't been to a doctor at all for about 10 years or something.
well, i live with a doctor, so that can come with some liabilities sometimes... (like being forced to get injections). But the injection did work. I don't have the flu, see? whereas my whole family got it, and even my relatives got it when my parents when to visit them. Or maybe i'm just lucky.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
5 weeks is quite a long period of time for the common flu.
See your doctor
I'm planning too visit mine tommoro afternoon...
PAIN KILLERS = POWERFUL PANADIENE... FORTE

Luck has nothing too do with it
you can't avoid this virus (the flu)
it's in your system, although you're immune from it

correct me if I'm wrong, because if I am, my lecturer is a moron

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
s-AINT said:
5 weeks is quite a long period of time for the common flu.
Ahahaha.

1) the flu going around isn't a "common" flu, it's Flu-A and can be dangerous

2) there's A LOT of different sorts of flus and new ones breeding all the time, a "common flu" is an oxymoron.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)