The Fashionable thread (1 Viewer)

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
Ok since this bored is reallly dead boring i thought we could have a section on what inspires you to design and what you think will be in for the next season
Inspiration
* my cousin she had great style even makes pjs loook grand
* anyone on crown street surry hillls
*rainy days and jumping in puddles
*breezy summmer nights during sunset
* the strand arcade in general
NEXT SEASON MUST HAVes
* colour or textured cuffed shorts
* vintage rocker teees [bless dad for rocking out in the 70s]
* waist coats
* floral dresss love them no matter how short or long!!!

SO every body start thinking

boite nature

HSC
Inspirations -
- history, namely clothing from 20s, 30, 50s and 60s
- dance and theatre costumes
- red carpet shows at awards ceremonies - there's only ever about 3 or 4 really good dresses at each but they are always glamorous
- alex perry
- alannah hill
- carolina herrera
- colour - if i see pretty fabric in cool colours I have to do something with it
- accessories - i make whole dresses just to go with a pair of shoes or bag or jewellery
- plants - if I am printing or embroidering fabric the pattern usually comes from the shape of a leaf or flower or tree
- randomn cool patterns. i made a bag put the beads on in the pattern that is on a wooden chest in our living room. and the pattern on the top of the chrysler building is really cool, i want to use that in a bag sometime
- any cool techniques i learn and want to use

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
-Ali- said:
Inspirations -
- alex perry
i love alex perry ,,, i met him in the elevator in the strand arcade a day after our yr 10 formal and i just wanted to hug him and thank him for making me look so goood ,, i wore his dress yet all i did was loook at the ground and smile to myself!!!!!!!!

yes i have to admit some designers which influence me are , zac Posen, Jac & jack ,third milllenium and betsy johnson!!!!

boite nature

HSC
you wore an Alex Perry dress to your year ten formal? post a picture!
i once saw wayne cooper in the strand arcade - i walked past him and thought 'that looks like wayne cooper' then he walked into alannah hill and i just heard this big loud voice "Oh, I just LOVE this look!" and i was like yep, thats definitely him!

melly_0

HSC
My main influences are mainly historical, particularly corsets I like seeing them adapted to modern designs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)