The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
re: The Official F1 Thread

Hamilton has Blown it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

haha!!

Did anyone see Alonso on the Podium? He was loving the fact LH didn't win the Championship:rofl:

Well Done Kimi, Lewis Hamilton will never get another chance to become World Champion

Hamilton = C H O K E

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's give it up for Mister Kimi Raikkonen!

And now I've got something else to poke fun at a friend of mine over. Ardently loyal to anyhting English, he had to suffer through their defeat by South Africa and now Hamilton chokes up ...

el gwapo

HSC

Disappointed.

Lewis choked. But someone quickly remind me that he is only a rookie. Not yet a Jackie Stewart, but he is far from being a Stirling Moss.

I guess it's retribution for Kimi, losing the title in 2003 by 1 point, losing 2 points in the 03' Melbourne due to a dodgy speed limiter - then 2 more points with the Fisichella incident in Brazil. So I guess it's poetic justice.

But still disappointed. He was the only thing British I was going for that weekend.

re: senna conspiracy theories.... gee what a load of crap. Why would the FIA suddenly try to help Mclaren and Lewis Hamilton when [obviously my biased opinion] they've been helping Ferrari and Michael Schumacher in the last couple of years?

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I don't think the FIA have been helping anybody but themselves, as evidenced by their consistently inconsistent decisions of late, such as freezing engine development of the next ten years (why?[/i). They have, however, said that while Williams and BMW may be disqualified from the Brazilian Grand Prix for fuel irregularities, Lewis Hamilton may not be awarded the championship as the teams may be strippe dof their points as opposed to the drivers (and before you go shouting about the FIA having something against McLaren, stripping the team - but not the drivers - of their points is precisely what they did to McLaren).

However, McLaren and Hamilton don't deserve the Driver's Chmapionship. Why? If you take a look at their appeal, they're calling for Nick Heidfeld, Robert Kubica and Nico Rosberg to be disqualified. However, the fuel temperature irregularities were found on the cars of Heidfeld, Kubica, Rosberg and Kazuki Nakajima. And Nakajima finished behind Lewis Hamilton. If McLaren want to appeal the FIA's decision, then they should appeal against everything and not simply the parts that suit them and their drivers.

cowfer

HSC

http://www.smh.com.au/news/motorsport/alonso-leaves-mclaren/2007/11/02/1193619153849.html
Alonso leaves McLaren

November 2, 2007 - 11:45PM

Two-time Formula One champion Fernando Alonso left McLaren today after a stormy season with the British team.

Alonso and McLaren reached an agreement that allows the Spaniard to leave the team without having to pay anything for rescinding his contract.

"Since I was a boy I had always wanted to drive for McLaren, but sometimes in life things do not work out," Alonso said in a statement.

Alonso, who still had one year left on his contract, joined McLaren this season after winning the drivers' championship two years in a row with Renault.

He clashed with McLaren management and teammate Lewis Hamilton throughout the season, finishing third in the final overall standings behind champion Kimi Raikkonen of Ferrari and Hamilton.

"(We) want to wish Fernando all the best for the future," McLaren team chief Ron Dennis said.

"He is a great driver but for some reason the combination of (our team) and Fernando has not really worked out, and in the end we reached a stage where none of us could find a way to move forward."

Alonso has been linked with a possible return to Renault or a move to Williams.

Alonso had complained that as a two-time world champion he deserved preferential treatment, and accused McLaren of favouring the 22-year-old rookie Hamilton. Dennis and Alonso didn't talk to each other for a period.

"I know there have been suggestions of favouritism within the team and people say a lot of things in the heat of battle, but in the end I was always provided with an equal opportunity to win," Alonso said.

"Yes, we have had our ups and downs during the season, which has made it extra-challenging for all of us, and it is not a secret that I never really felt at home."

Alonso was one of the drivers who had his name involved in the spying scandal that overshadowed the second half of the season.

McLaren was fined a record $US100 million ($A109.84 million)by the World Motor Sport Council on September 13 after FIA found the team guilty of using leaked data from Ferrari. The British team was kicked out of the constructors' championship, and authorities contended that Alonso had some knowledge of the facts.

"We all believe that our joint decision to part company is for the best, and we will now continue to focus on our 2008 world championship challenge," Dennis said.

AP
So possibly renault or williams next year, what you guys think. It was a long time coming i guess

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

A decision on McLaren's appeal is expected tomorrow. McLaren's lawyer has called upon the sports council to disqualify the cars of Rosberg, Kubica and Heidfeld and to award the championship to Lewis Hamilton, but Ferrari's lawyer has warned that such a decision could jeopardise the sport even more than the entire Spygate scandal.

F2001

HSC

el gwapo said:
Disappointed.

Lewis choked. But someone quickly remind me that he is only a rookie. Not yet a Jackie Stewart, but he is far from being a Stirling Moss.

I guess it's retribution for Kimi, losing the title in 2003 by 1 point, losing 2 points in the 03' Melbourne due to a dodgy speed limiter - then 2 more points with the Fisichella incident in Brazil. So I guess it's poetic justice.

But still disappointed. He was the only thing British I was going for that weekend.

re: senna conspiracy theories.... gee what a load of crap. Why would the FIA suddenly try to help Mclaren and Lewis Hamilton when [obviously my biased opinion] they've been helping Ferrari and Michael Schumacher in the last couple of years?
Nurbs, Spain were most costly in 2003.
Indeed Lewis choked. As a joke his (lewis) friend (that I know) put 250E on him to win the WDC before the season started. They would've won 50K. What a bet that could've been.

Teams to test slicks in Jerez. FIA also plan to ban tyre warmers. I reckon no tyre warmers + slicks don't go together especiailly since the FIA priority is safety.

The grooves/tread blocks move around and help generate heat but also degrade quicker. Slicks are much more consistent. Slicks are overrated.

Slicks without tyre warmers especially considering Bridgestones trend since 2003 when resuming from SC seems illogical.

Driver lineup:
Renault: Alonso & Piquet (my bet)
Mclaren: Hamilton & Heikki (want to win? Get a Finn)
Force 1: Sutil & Klien (my bet, looking at time sheets, his been more consistent and a bit quicker than Luizzi)

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I like Heikki. He's a good down to earth guy, I don't want him to go to Mclaren. But it seems that Flav will do anything to get Alonso back :( Piquet, if he does sign for a race seat at Renault will not settle to be Alonso's number 2 either.

Sutil's manager has confirmed he will be at Fifi next year.

Prodrive also won't be on the grid next year.

Thats 5 seats left in the field, and numerous guys without contracts, the likes of Alonso, Fisi and Halfie.

Oh. P.S. Kimi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Halfie? Don't you mean "Ralfie", the man you used to idolise as much as his big brother and the man who came third in the F1 Rejects "Reject of the Year" awards (and was the only driver to do so)?

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC

Of course as always I will make this extremely late post. But I don't care (just so you are all aware) :p
YESSSSSSssss Kimi finally did it!!!!! May I just say how ecstatic I was, and very well still am!!

Ralf was only 3rd in the reject awards? Who was 1st? hmmm..

I'll add something with more content once I'm over the whole Kimi thing - just give me a little while :D

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

eLmo said:
Of course as always I will make this extremely late post. But I don't care (just so you are all aware) :p
YESSSSSSssss Kimi finally did it!!!!! May I just say how ecstatic I was, and very well still am!!

Ralf was only 3rd in the reject awards? Who was 1st? hmmm..

I'll add something with more content once I'm over the whole Kimi thing - just give me a little while :D
Long time no see, eLmo.

For the record, the Reject Awards went a little like this:
3rd Place - Ralf Schumacher (for declaring himself the third-best driver in the sport then finishing the next few races behind the Spykers)
2nd Place - The FIA (for being consistently inconsistent when it came to passing judgement on issues such as Spygate)
1st Place - Honda (for a pathetic 2007 after getting that all-important first win last year)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Renault have announced Alonso will partner Nelson Piquet Jr for 2008.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Which leaves Heikki's career destroyed at either Mclaren or Yoyota. (Yoyota are what Finnish sources are saying). :mad1: Great, just great. I like Heikki, but Heikki was too fast to make Alonso look good :(

Elmo, this is for you :)

p.s. Hows that ass kicking I gave you in A1 :)
(Sorry, I just had to bring that up again :D)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

He won't go to Toyota as they've signed Trulli and Glock for next year. There are offcially) only four drives available: the second McLaren seat (though rumours persist that de la Rosa will partner Hamilton so McLaren will have somebody who knows how to deliver feedback), the two drives at Super Aguri (but it's likely Aguri Suzuki will sign Sato and Davidson for another season), and one of the Force India drives (but they've been testing seven - and have liked five of them - at Jerez of late). Heikki's bst bet is the McLaren seat, purely because Aguri won't be changing their lineup unless there's something extreme happening, and Force India already have five choices. McLaren's second seat is the only one that's still "open" in that the only people linked to it are linked to it through rumour, hearsay and conjecture. But Kovalainen has said he won't play second fiddle to anybody, which is probably why he won't be driving for Renault giventheir istory of favoring one driver from the first round and Alonso's comments that he wouldn't want Kovalainen for a team-mate. A shame, really, since Kovalainen was easily the best rookie of 2007. While Hamilton might have been out front from the beginning, Kovalainen improved considerably more than the Englishman. All we can hope for now is that Piquet upstages Alonso.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
A shame, really, since Kovalainen was easily the best rookie of 2007. While Hamilton might have been out front from the beginning, Kovalainen improved considerably more than the Englishman.
Oh good god! We agree on something! :eek:

Isn't Trulli on an option contract, if they see fit, they can dump him? I dunno. Heikki is saying he's got 2 interesting choices.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

His "interesing" chocies could only be McLaren and Toyota. Aguri is out because they'll probably sign Sato and Davidson and the second Force India will probably go to Fisichella or Klien as they're the most moneyed. Therefore, the only truly available seat is at McLaren, and Toyota is a ossibility as the Japanese manufacturer can released Trulli from his contract.

And aren't you the Nico Hulkenberg fan, Cape? If so, you'll be pleased to know he's now Sir Frank's third driver for 2008. It's bad enough that we have Sebastian and Sebastein at Toro Rosso; we don't need a Team Nico race line-up ...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Whitmarsh is now describing Kovalainen as an interesting driver. An announcement will be made in the next week if Kovalainen or De la Rosa gets the gig at Macca.

As for Nico Hulkenburg, I don't really know. I've heard good things about him from A1 GP, seen a few of his races. But he does look like a younger Kimi (Thats all good in my books!) :D

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

It's confirmed that Kovalainen will be replacing Alonso at McLaren. I honestly think he was the better rookie of this year as he improved the most. And that's what the rookie year is all about: proving you're a solid investment. The second year is the hardest; it's the one that makes or breaks you.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Hopefully the second year will break Hamilton :)

Can't believe that I'm going to support half of Mclaren now ... eeep!

I agree with you about Heikki. After his shocking start in Aus, and his public flaming by Flavio, his drives later in the season, most notably Japan were fantastic. Honestly, I didn't see Lewis drive a Heikki - Japanese race. Don't forget that Hekki had a full dry set up on too, and managing to keep Kimi behind is pretty impressive. And to finish 16 out of 17 races in the season too. One of the top 5 drivers to cover the most amount of laps.

/end praising of Heikki.

F2001

HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
He won't go to Toyota as they've signed Trulli and Glock for next year. There are offcially) only four drives available: the second McLaren seat (though rumours persist that de la Rosa will partner Hamilton so McLaren will have somebody who knows how to deliver feedback), the two drives at Super Aguri (but it's likely Aguri Suzuki will sign Sato and Davidson for another season), and one of the Force India drives (but they've been testing seven - and have liked five of them - at Jerez of late). Heikki's bst bet is the McLaren seat, purely because Aguri won't be changing their lineup unless there's something extreme happening, and Force India already have five choices. McLaren's second seat is the only one that's still "open" in that the only people linked to it are linked to it through rumour, hearsay and conjecture. But Kovalainen has said he won't play second fiddle to anybody, which is probably why he won't be driving for Renault giventheir istory of favoring one driver from the first round and Alonso's comments that he wouldn't want Kovalainen for a team-mate. A shame, really, since Kovalainen was easily the best rookie of 2007. While Hamilton might have been out front from the beginning, Kovalainen improved considerably more than the Englishman. All we can hope for now is that Piquet upstages Alonso.
De La Rosa had his chance in 2006 latter half. He had better chance for the 2007 seat than this year.

The driver options were pretty obvious between renault and Mclaren.

almost a month or more before all confirmation. Flavio said he will give Alonso undisputed no.1 at Renault if he comes back. About 2 weeks later, Heikki said to press he wants to be somewhere with equal equipment.

Sealed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)