The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Me? Not shocked, just busy with silly assignments :(

Just when we couldn't get any worse than Leigh Diffy, they put box head and a useless V8 supercar driver to host the show? Barra-CHELLO, I laughed :p

Massa is useless, said it last year, I'll say it again. He can only win with the perfect car, and when his opposition faces problems. The only reason why he is a ferrari driver is because hes managed by Todt's son.

Good race though, glad to see mclaren have picked up their game big time. I'm looking forward to the Kimi vs Alonso battle we have been waiting for :)

bizadfar

HSC

Cape said:
Me? Not shocked, just busy with silly assignments :(

Just when we couldn't get any worse than Leigh Diffy, they put box head and a useless V8 supercar driver to host the show? Barra-CHELLO, I laughed :p

Massa is useless, said it last year, I'll say it again. He can only win with the perfect car, and when his opposition faces problems. The only reason why he is a ferrari driver is because hes managed by Todt's son.

Good race though, glad to see mclaren have picked up their game big time. I'm looking forward to the Kimi vs Alonso battle we have been waiting for :)
Actually Cam has some good knowledge. That other dude should shut the fuck up. His a tad better than Leigh.

The race was good... but kind of ruined right at the start. I'm going to criticise massa here:

1) MAN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? BAD START? NO WORRIES, do a Schumacher!!!! 2002 MALAYSIA BUDDY. LEARN IT.
2) No only did you give the inside to Alonso, you fucken broke early, which fucked up Raikkonen and left a nice gap for Hamilton.
3) Made the same mistake at turn 4 twice. Only the second time it was worse....
4) Yes for the wing u had to overtake Hamilton ASAP. But you could've made second easily and Raikkonen could've probably managed 3rd after pitstops.

Raikkonen's engine was suffering, so he was lifting on straights in 7th. (all you ppl that claim his an engine/driveshaft/half shaft/gearbox killer, should shut up now...)

But anyway the master of straightening corners and hammering the throttle showed himself on FP1 Bahrain. I want to go there next year, I heard they giving free/cheap as shit tickets.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Massa has an ... impetuous (for want of a better word) streak that Ferrari haven't been able to exorcise from him. Look at the last race in Malaysia when he looked like a rookie compared to Hamilton. Ferrari run their team pretty rigidly, but the Brazilian has a tendency to look for gaps to overtake when they don't really exist. In that respect, he's a bit like Honda: he's cool under pressure and can do excellent things ... but only when he keeps his head. Unlike the Japanese outift, Massa seems to be able to do it more often. About the only good thing from Button's race was that he didn't have to drive that damn thing. The RA107 looks awesome, but it's handling is pathetic. I hope they manage to come up with the goods over the next month (though someone suggested they wouldn't be fighting for points until Canada ...).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Massa is an overrated i don't know what, but he only got his drive at Ferrari cause he's managed by Todt's son. Can't drive unless his car is perfect, put a drop of water near him he goes off.

Was anyone tempted to put Bahrain on mute because ITV would not shut up about Hamilton?

Jas, why do you want Honda to pick up their game? Maybe they should fire Fry first. Actually, he's been a little quiet this year.

el gwapo

HSC

I like Lewis so no. and besides the makes F1 so good is that the background noise is the main attraction. Imagine Richie Benaud commentating F1.. we'd just hear V8s roaring and maybe the occasional "Jenson you are too slow we need quick laps from you"

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Cape said:
Jas, why do you want Honda to pick up their game? Maybe they should fire Fry first. Actually, he's been a little quiet this year.
'Cause I like Honda. There were rumours they were scouting for Ross Brawn next year but they denied it ... but before they fire Fry (he's not actually that bad; Barichello rates him as much more likeable than Jean Todt), they need to re-hire Geoff Willis to replace whoever has his job right now (can't spell his name), because that was the mistake that killed this year's car.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I should send you my Honda photo's. Car looks quite good at full speed.

Honda have the same problem as Toyota; sacked the wrong people.

bizadfar

HSC

The Jap way. The unsuccessful way.

Can't wait till Spain. Renault should be bringing major updates. Ferrari with new rear suspension, new rear/front wing I bet they are going to win it easy. Funny how alot of people say Mclaren will "Easily" win this because apparently Alonso is a "king" of catalunya rofl.

He got snapped in:
2003 by the NEW, RAW F2003
2005 by kimi
Only won there in 2006 effortlessly because Fisichella held up Michael.

But it is undeniable the Mclaren has good high speed cornering ability... well maybe until the new aero for the F2007.

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Yeah, I read about that on another forum (but without the rude "Post Pics or Ban!" warning). I can see what it does, forcing air down onto the nosecone, but I'm surprised it doesn't flex. It will probably become standard for a few teams (are you paying attention, Honda?) if someone doesn't complain first(without naming anyone, Spyker).

In other news, Flav wants two races per weekened, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. He feels there's too much of an empty space between qualifying and the race and that the second race could be reverse grid. But why stop there, Flavio? We could make the whole calendar like the Indy 500! Rookie days, time trials, practice, qualifying, more practice, more qualifying, Carburettor Day and maybe a race? Honestly, I don't think Honda could stand the same of it in their present form; it would mean they struggle in race one and then get overtaken by everyone in race two (here's hoping they'll have the B-spec ready for Catalunya).

But, if you look at the draft draft calendars for the next few years (Wikipedia being my source ... alright, so it's not Gospel, but good enough), new events are suggested for Singapore, India, South Korea, the rebirth of Pacific Grand Prix, a new "Mediterranean Grand Prix" possibly in Valencia, a new home for the French Grand Prix from 2009 (no French round in 2008) and the confirmed new round at Abu Dhabi, the F1 calendar is looking at 23 races all up (don't know what Mr. E has planner - but who does? - as he's said in the past that he wants to limit it to 20 rounds), so if Flav has his way, that's 46 races ...

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Ugh. As much as I love Honda, I have to say their latest aero innovation looks ridiculous. Anyone who's seen the shots knows it looks like it's got a pair of elephant ears growing out of the nose cone ... Honda did say they were "testing a range of aero devices" this week to try and bridge the gap, but like BMW's infamous Walrus Nose three years ago, Heaven help the sport if the Elephant Ears prove successful.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

They've been termed "Dumbo ears" now :D

Thank god Spain is only 1 more week away, I think I'm on the verge of going insane with the lack of racing :)

btw - flav is a tool, he's still bitter about loosing Alonso, and he has Fisichocker in his team. Renault could currently only win in a reverse grid race :) I just hope Heikki gets up to speed soon! Or he starts looking else where for a drive :(

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I think Heikki's doing alright for what he has to work with. Sure, the R27 is shite, and he's up against Fisi who has way more experience (though I don't know why he got the Renault drive after a year with Jordan, booting JB from the Renault seat and sending him to BAR) ...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Fisi keeping the seat warm for Piquet Jr?

I expected Heikki to be absolutely trouncing Fisi :( but then when you look at every practice session this season, he's had a problem on every Friday which limited his track time.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I don't know; that R27 chassis needs a lot of work ... and dare I say it, Renault are going to have to work harder than Honda. Sure, the RA107 is an absolute dog of a car, but Honda know where the problem is. Renault, on the other hand, can't work out why they can't translate their test data into racing results, though I suspect their aero package may no be suited to cutting through the 'dirty' air coming off the car in front (I am not, of course, an expert).

With Fisi being in Flav's good books when both Alonso and Button were better than him when driving for Renault, he might stick around for a while and Kovalainen impressing despite his second-rate machinery, Piquet Jnr. might consider looking elsewhere - say, David Richards' Prodrive outfit - especially if Renault can't get their act togehter.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Well ... it's official. Valencia will be hosting a round of the F1 World Championship from next year, making it the third street race on the calendar alongside Monaco and Singapore.

And speaking of Singapore, here's a comparison between the Tilke proposition inspected by Mark Webber in this month's issue of F1 Racing compared to that put forth by the Singaporean government. They're both roughly the same, but the crude red line (added by me) is the Tilke design:

[URL="http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9093/tilkevssinggovsw8.gif"]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9093/tilkevssinggovsw8.gif[/URL]

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Here's an article on the Valencia race ...

... And here's a better image of what it will look like (looks like something I'd design normally).

Enjoy.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Singapore also confirmed to host a gp next year.

Theres pretty much the 20 race calender Bernie so desperately wanted.

Possibly a night race :confused:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

It's defaintely a night race, unless FOM and the FIA feel it isn't safe, in which case it will switch back to a day schedule.

Also, it's not 20 races, it's just 18. We have 17 races this year, plus another two events in Valencia and Singapore, but the French Grand Prix won't be hosted next year. It's being relocated to another venue - possibly near (not in!) EuroDisney or Charles de Gaulle International Airport - and will probably rejoin the calendar in 2009, with Abu Dhabi and possibly an Indian Grand Prix (with Tata sponsoring Williams and Narian Karthikeyan try and tell me it won't be happening soon). But with South Korea set to get one in 2010 (I can't see why it will take so long to build half a circuit when the street section already exists, especially if they need to build an island for the Abu Dhabi round before they can build the track), that takes us up to 22 rounds, so two will have to go. My money is on Catalunya (because it's used for winter testing so often) and Indy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)