The F1 Thread (2 Viewers)

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Trust you to jump on a chance to praise Schuey.

I was watching Big Brother and that new transvestite looks like Schuey.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Not my fault that facts praise Schumacher!

Ferrari tried their V8 engine for next season. It laps 3 seconds off the pace of Schumacher's record time around Fiorano. Mind you, in was in the F2004 car. I have a feeling that the FIA are going in the wrong direction again. F1 don't need V8s!

johnny_87

HSC
I think it was f1racing.net I read it at but Haug had some interesting comments that basically said V10s with reduced revs (say 15,000 RPM) are a better alternative to V8 revving at about 21,000 RPM.

Komit - I'm not going to attempt arguing with you as you seem to have an intricate knowledge of the subject. lol

Thanks Cape. I find it amusing to read that just because Schumi is finishing off the podium at times and not winning that he has suddenly become "mediocre". He is still thrashing his team-mates, as he has done every year bar 1999.

And I just CANNOT STAND Alonso!

And I too hope the one-tyre rule goes, although I doubt it would be such a problem if we had a control tyre.

What is the likelihood of any teams apart from Red Bull switching to Bridgestone for 2006?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Possibly of williams and toyota switching to bridgestone. But most probably red bull will. Cause Ferrari can use their data.

We still don't even know about qualifying yet. We know its a knock out session, however, designers can't design next seasons car until the FIA get off the fat asses and come up with the rules about qualifying. I hope the one tyre rule goes, racing this season has been crap! Let the guys put some new boots on!

Schumacher has had an average car this season, however, he has a few fastest lap times, podiums and great qualifying. And this season he is kicking bazzas ass more than ever.

johnny_87

HSC
Well the worse the car, the greater the potential to show one's talent over their team-matre. I'd love to see him in the Minardi for a few races. Give him 6 months and he could would probably improve lap times by about 1.5 seconds.

I think the best option is to have it the old way, but to split the hour session into 2 30 min sessions and make it compulsory to set at least 3 hot laps per 30 min session (barring accident). An alternative would be 4 15 min sessions with a compulsory hot lap or 2 every 15 minutes (barring accident).

This would allow the likes of Minardi and Jordan some exposure at least, whereas they will be lucky to receive any in the knock-out competition.

As long as qualifying is on light fuel, it will be an improvement on the current system.

HSC
hey guys,
its been a while since ive posted but im back now so how has every1 been?

anyway, i dont know if its been mentioned but did we hear that webber and fisi might be swapping seats next year.

mayb webber can get results there, i think he is good and all but you can only make excuses for a few races not a whole season.

what do u guys think??

johnny_87

HSC
Well he would do better there than at Williams however I think Alonso is a little better than him. Furthermore, Briatore pumps Alonso every night so he gets top treatment (as seen with how Trulli struggled after France 2004 and Fisi this year).

Webber would be able to win races but not a championship whilst there.

johnny_87

HSC
I think the only person that would have a chance at beating Alonso at Renault is Schumi.

I'll go as far as saying I think he receives better treatment within his team than anyone on the grid (including Schumi).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Webber is in a hot seat, literally :p

Since BMW won't be supplying engines to williams next year heidfeld will more than likely go to bmw. However, frank williams does not like webbers very outgoing traditional aussie personality. However, williams does have a strong aussie connection. Williams cars have gone down hill since about 2002, and it took ages for ralf and monty the get the cars by the neck. I dunno about webber, he does have a little bit of potential, however, hes struggled at a big team. Send him back to formula ford where he belongs :p

About qualifying, I'm actually surprised that minardi and jordan agreed to the knock out comp, cause they will be the first cars to be knocked out.

Renault have more driver favouritism than what there is at ferrari!

Hi GlobalOperation - I'll be better when schumacher wins the title this year :D lol.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I have secret spies within the F1 community.

Nah, I read it on the net. Apparently frank got the shits at mark for saying that the williams car this season was basically shit.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Heidfeld has the exactly same car, but hes doing better than Webber. Although, Heidfeld didn't want the new aeropackage. Webber has definately failed to impress this season. Or the Australian media, which has a lot to do with it, has put a too big of a demand on Webber to win. If you watched f1 for a few seasons before, everyone would know that williams are NOT strong at the beginning of the season, usually around the time of the Canadian gp they finally get their act together.

Michael hasn't come out saying ferrari are shit this season. Sure, hes said that the car doesn't have the pace that renault and mclaren do, but he didn't say it was shit, like webber said about williams. Webber needs to keep his big trap shut and concentrate on driving.

Speaking of which, ferrari's ignorance is starting to really piss me off :(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
To the wow theres 21 days between gps, lets test for those 21 days and let everyone else just twiddle their thumbs. Sure, the other teams are probably testing but in their windtunnels, etc, but not out on track like ferrari.

What the hell gives ferrari the right to change the testing rules to suit themselves this season. If any other team did what ferrari have done, they would have been banned from the championship!

I just noticed when I went through testing stats the other day. And also how ferrari tested their new v8 the day before yesterday.

They didn't design a good enough car, deal with it, and move on with their lives. Sure, by the time whenever the last gp comes and Schumacher and ferrari don't have the title, I will probably cry until next season, but still, their fault and rory's fault that he let someone else design the car.

Christ I'm blabbing :rolleyes:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
juventino said:
Ahh ok, but Webber is right, his car is shit :p

If he defends the car, then ppl will blame the drivers.
no they wouldnt, well those with a knowledge of what happens wouldnt. Those people know a driver will accept blame where it due, and many times they defend the car knowing that they have new parts coming through, so they're hopefull and know their car wont be shit

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Braad remembered where the F1 thread was :p

Oh, ozjet is being launched soon! Does this mean stoddart will sell minardi! I'll give him $1 for the team!!

lol, imagine if the planes had a left rear puncture.

HSC
as i can see nothing has changed, (refering to capes comment on shuey winning this year)

i belive webber has some potential but he is not going to be winning world championships yet.

i think what webber said about the car is to some extent true. yes he does complain about the car when it is bad but when ever he has a good result he gives the team all the credit.most drivers will say " i had a good race and i done this well, im just so good" but webber will say " it was a good lap but the team have put in alot of effort allong with the tyre people ect"

i think the move to renult would help win races but he needs to learn a few things before he wins champion ships

johnny_87

HSC
Cape said:
To the wow theres 21 days between gps, lets test for those 21 days and let everyone else just twiddle their thumbs. Sure, the other teams are probably testing but in their windtunnels, etc, but not out on track like ferrari.

What the hell gives ferrari the right to change the testing rules to suit themselves this season. If any other team did what ferrari have done, they would have been banned from the championship!

Well firstly, there are no rules that prevent teams from testing. There are gentleman's agreements, but why stick to that when you have sponsors to keep happy and progress to make to win?

The new CEO of Renault summed it up best: "As long as we're winning, it's an investment. If not, it's a liability."

He also said something about pulling out once they are no longer successful. Sort of frightens the designers from being radical for fear of failure. the complete antithesis of what F1 is about - innovation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)