The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
re: The Official F1 Thread

Cape said:
BTW - our F2008 game is going to start tomorrow ... make sure you online :p
When tomorrow? I've got a public A1GP game ending really soon, and not a few games tick over in the early hours, so I'll be online; I just ned to know when it begins.

And I don't know if the anti-cherrypicking laws apply to private games; if they do, I won't be able to take a BMW-Sauber seat as I managed to get one last night (ten teams were taken - each with password, including my own - in five minutes; I got a few people asking for the drive, including a guy who's ranked 399th and I'd raced against him before).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
When tomorrow? I've got a public A1GP game ending really soon, and not a few games tick over in the early hours, so I'll be online; I just ned to know when it begins.

And I don't know if the anti-cherrypicking laws apply to private games; if they do, I won't be able to take a BMW-Sauber seat as I managed to get one last night (ten teams were taken - each with password, including my own - in five minutes; I got a few people asking for the drive, including a guy who's ranked 399th and I'd raced against him before).
Don't have an exact time, all I have is tomorrow morning. You can always look under the batracer sub-section of the Webber Forum to find the details of the game if I'm not around.

And the anti-cherrypicking laws only apply to public games, so your safe :)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

The Sepang race wasn't as good as the Australian one. That rapid S-bend in the course though is pretty fantastic to watch. I was surprised that Hamilton finished as badly as he did. Those are my elementary observations. :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
So much for starting today ...
*Shrugs* I don't know where everyone is today? Probably stuffed on chocolate.

Muz4PM

HSC

I am happy, Lewis didn't place on the podium :D. As a BMW fan, I am happy Kubica made it, but Heidfeld I thought drove well from what I saw (first hour or so) after making contact with Trulli on the first corner. However, the Ferraris just seemed to be in a class of their own through the entire race.

ledzeppelin

HSC

Anyone else reckon Massa might be out of a drive by season's end?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

ledzeppelin said:
Anyone else reckon Massa might be out of a drive by season's end?
That spin in Malaysia wasn't his fault; he was quoted as saying he had no idea what happened. Something broke in the rear of the car, and while Australia was certainly his fault, he's just had bad luck. Two of the next three rounds are Bahrain and Turkey, where he seems to have a knack for doing well.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Oh, Max!

Could this be the end of Max Mosley? I'm willing to bet a lot of people are certainly hoping so, but the likes of GP Update and Formula1.com are silent on the matter (so far ...).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
That spin in Malaysia wasn't his fault; he was quoted as saying he had no idea what happened. Something broke in the rear of the car, and while Australia was certainly his fault, he's just had bad luck. Two of the next three rounds are Bahrain and Turkey, where he seems to have a knack for doing well.
Funny, something broke according to Massa, yet Ferrari found no evidence of anything breaking. hmm ...

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

From what I saw of it - admittedly a two-second grab on the video review on F1.com - he'd have to be a complete moron to lose it the way he did; it seemed to be at the end of the straight as opposed to in the corner. Maybe he's just not coping well with a lack of traction control.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

I guess that if he can't keep up with the loss of traction control in those cars, then maybe he will be out of the competition soon. :(

Muz4PM

HSC

The grid for Bahrain goes

1. Kubica (BMW)
2. Massa (Ferrari)
3. Hamilton (McLaren)
4. Raikkonen (Ferrari)
5. Kovalainen (McLaren)
6. Heidfeld (BMW)
7. Trulli (Toyota)
8. Rosberg (Williams)
9. Button (Honda)
10. Alonso (Renault)
11. Webber (Red Bull)
12. Barrichello (Honda)
13. Glock (Toyota)
14. Piquet (Renault)
15. Bourdais (Toro Rosso)
16. Nakajima (Williams)
17. Coulthard (Red Bull)
18. Fisichella (Force India)
19. Vettel (Toro Rosso)
20. Sutil (Force India)
21. Davidson (Super Aguri)
22. Sato (Super Aguri)

Well, for all of the speculation, Massa has done well, snagging second, now to see if he can finish the race in a reasonable position. He does have a liking for the Bahrain course. I must admit, I like the driving of Massa, he is aggressive, which is what I like watching, but I guess with aggressive comes rash, and poor decisions. I guess that is the nature of racing.

Lewis Hamilton got himself in a bit of a crash, I read in the paper. Didn’t take much notice of what occurred, but as you can see, he is fine to race.

As a BMW fan, I am ecstatic that Kubica managed to qualify in pole position, now the challenge will be holding off the likes of Massa, Raikkonen and Hamilton. Curiously, I found, in both Melbourne and Sepang, Kubica managed to get himself in a good race position, but could not manage to catch the leaders, falling fractions of a second behind each lap. That was probably due to the great speed exhibited by the leaders, but it is something which will have to be dealt with if he wants to get BMW their first top of the podium finish. I will speak with a little bit of bias when I say BMW I think have well and truly left their mark so far this year, showing that they are beginning to match it with McLaren and Ferrari.

Um, outside of that pro-BMW spiel, we see Force India over achieving, managing to be fifth last as opposed to being in the last four. I wonder how afflicted the track will be by sand for the race? I heard that it was a problem earlier in qualifying. For those of you who want to watch the race, it is on at the reasonable time of 10.10 on Channel 10, check local guides of course.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

A sandy track isn't really as much of a problem as it's made out to be: the sands are held in place with some form of adhesive.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

lol ... the Pole on pole :p

I'm going for a Massa, Kubica, Hammy pile up at the first corner :)

Muz4PM

HSC

Cape said:

Lol, it would not surprise me.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Cape said:

Heh. Were you listening to the radio just before by any chance? Or this this a common joke now? Because when I heard it on Triple M about a half hour ago I thought it was really clever. :eek:

ell16

HSC

Cape said:

lol yeah that's the first thing I thought of when I read the results :lol: really happy that Kubica made pole

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Never thought I'd say this, but Fernando is a legend! :D

Muz4PM

HSC

Lol, yeah, I would like to see what the officials have to say about that. I was surprised, not once was the safety car called out.

It seemed as if Kubica could not manage to keep the Ferraris behind him, however, coming 3rd and 4th, and leading the builders championship, I am one happy BMW Sauber fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)