• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
lol, mclaren need the reliability that they have in the game. Both Kimi and Montoya got to the end of the gp without engines blowing up. The only engines that blew up were nando and button :p

My beloved F2005 keeps blowing up at Malaysia though, I think I drive too aggressively :(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Nope :D

Maybe I'll go back to F1 2004, that was slightly challenging :rolleyes: or maybe I'll wait a month and just go out and buy a whole pile of racing games. mmm.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Wow, this thread was like 3rd from the bottom...

F1 2004 is a pretty good game, although the lastest one I own is 2003. Its pretty crap. I guess the programers could only guestimate at the performance of drivers and teams. Cos some of them are pretty mucked up. (Webber usually comes last) (Please no anti-webber comments from that)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
wow ... thats sad, so low :p

I have 2001, it was alright, 2004 is much more challenging, especially in the career section. 2005 is really strange, webber and heidfeld always finish 16th - 17th; the renaults are the hardest cars to drive, and the F2005 is the fastest car, something is seriously wrong with the 2005 version. Plus, my ferrari engine literally just blew up :(

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
The newest version is good, but everything is shit compared to GP4.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Remember the man of the year awards? Here are some results:
Drive of the year - Monaco; Kimi
Driver of the year - Kimi (First time Michael hasn't won it ever :( )
Overtaking manoeuvre of the year - JPM on nando at Silverstone
Car of the year - MP4-20
Friday driver of the year - Pedro de la Rosa.

:( :( :( :( Usually ferrari clean sweep everything. I wanna see how many people voted the F2005 as the best car of the year, jordan came 8th, williams came 9th and minardi came 10th, so they aren't last :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Probably. Its no use with the new rules to introduce the v8 engine, tyre changes and fuel loading in the F2005M, or even the F2004M, which they have been doing while testing. Atleast for the Australian round we won't have to see modified cars.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
V8

brrrm brrrrrrrrrrm

BRM...anyone know of that?

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
British Racing Motors founded in 1960s and I think won a Constructors Championship in 1961 or 1962. Graham Hill Raced for them in the 1960s and Larry Perkins was their last driver at a South African Grand Prix at the end of the 1970s ('77 or '78)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
lets revive this thread by talking about sato and mr aguri
now my question to you is... where are they?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Mr Sato - probably in Japan making money for Honda, either that or getting driving lessons.

Mr Aguri - begging the boss of Midland to let him into the championship next season. He failed to get the required cash deposit before the deadline for next years championship. However, if he gets the approval of all other teams, they can race next season, but its looking highly unliky, because Midland wants more money for the travel fund, if the Aguri team join the championship, less money for midland.

Make sense?

And testing times have been interesting as well. The unrestricted v10 engine is currently some 2 seconds faster than a v8 engine. Bridgestone are looking good on williams and toyota though.

And poor Mr Schumacher is being too hard on himself. Hes not letting himself have a christmas holiday :(

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
its not just midland... williams are being pricks as well, and it wouldnt surprise me if your team was like that too :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Excuse me, my team stingy? Never!

Think about it though, this japanese guy comes out of no where, saying that hes going to get a formula one team up and running within 6 weeks of the deadline (which has passed) and worst of all, he was going to employ Sato (and we know how many cars hes destroyed in the past few years :p) Aguri had no documentation (according to williams) about starting up the team. With that, you'd be questioning their involvement as well.

On better news, Ferrari will launch their F2006 on Monday 23rd of January :D And Schumacher was the quickest v8 engine at Jerez, yay! Hes back :)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
nup i wouldnt be questioning anything... id approve as more teams means more compeition...

your team is also trying to cut costs cuz theyve lost all their sponsors hahahah

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
ALONSO SIGNS FOR MCLAREN IN 2007!!!!

Whoa!!! Big news and could it signal Schuey's departure in 2007 to make way for Kimi???

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Maybe it's out of Dennis' control. Apparently, Kimi has a deal with Ferrari contingent on Schuey's retirement. That may be the reason why Dennis has got Alonso in the first place HOWEVER, many F1 bigwigs have hinted that if anyone was likely to go to Ferrari it would be JPM over Kimi.

By the way, Barrichello hass gone to BAR Argo - Felipe Massa is now driving for Ferrari. Get with the times, son.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Holy fuck me dead!

I wish Mclaren would stop stealing things, first they steal vodafone (now I have to change phone companies, damn it) and then nando! Not that Nando will win at Mclaren with Newy gone.

Hmm ... 2007, Kimi to Ferrari, Schumacher to red bull ferrari or retire? Michelin out, Mclaren to change to an orange then red paint scheme. Webber or Kovalainen to take the seat? Fisi could be out as well, we all know that Briatore doesn't like him. Rossi to ferrari? So many questions, but we still have to get through 2006 first :(

wow, thats the biggest news since the michelin withdrawal *breaths*

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
It's hard to keep an interest when it's boring as batshit. The only reason I knew Fernando went to McLaren was because it was on the newsbar on Sunrise this morning.
It might be boring as batshit when theres no racing, but that doesn't stop some extremely sad person sitting on f1 websites constantly refreshing them, in the hope that something major does happen. I need a life :rolleyes:

That said, this week has been pretty interesting in terms of f1 news and v8 development.

Its only 82 days until Bahrain, not that anyones counting :rolleyes:

Take a number, then.
One?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)