The exam! (1 Viewer)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
if u didnt get nominated for art express u dnt get band 6
art exp is 45 over which = band 6
mine came back 2day along with the rest of them. my teacher said she doesnt know if anyones got in, but doesnt think so caus ethey all came back. who knowwwwwwwwwws
Not true.
My brother got into Art Express in 2004 and did not get a band 6.

n_cooper

HSC
Our artworks all came back today, and I think two from my year came back with something along the lines of "FOR ARTEXPRESS" on them. I didn't see them though, and the person that did has no idea who's they were. I would have gone to receive mine but I wasn't going to walk home with a massive work in my hands.

HSC
Ohh I was talking to an art teacher about this today and she said, ahem, "Tim's locked up in the library. I think he likes it there. He told me so" (Tim being one of my paintings, heh, and because our works were marked at school). She said I could come pick him up on the 20th I think.

I hope we both get band 6s :)
Lol i am glad you said that tim was your painting... cause i was like... ok, there is a person locked in a library somewhere in oz. at least he wouldnt be bored...but then i read on...

what did you create?

Cinnamonster

HSC
Lol i am glad you said that tim was your painting... cause i was like... ok, there is a person locked in a library somewhere in oz. at least he wouldnt be bored...but then i read on...

what did you create?
Haha! I'm seriously crazy about my artworks. I used to talk to them while I was painting them in the workshop at school, haha. I wrote all about it in my VAPD and how my friend that it's fine if I talk to them, she could deal with that, but if they started to talk back to me then she would have to find me a doctor. My teacher said if I ever get into Art Express that the markers will have so much fun reading through my books, heh.
I did a series of portraits - drawings and paintings - of my favourite musicians. You can see them here:
Cinnamonster's Gallery
They're all in different styles, depending on how I interpret their music. There's a little explanation on the side of the devart folder :)

What was your body of work?

verdades

HSC
Exam = raped D:

Section 1 was kind of... wtf. Really liked Shiota's work, said something about the concept that the shoes one chooses and the experiences go with it give an insight into one's life and personality, expanded on that, said it represented individuals and the people who make up a community, then the artworld bit... I was kind of yeah, strong ties in different countries?

Did Question 2. Freaked out cause there was no question which was specifically culture. Used Manet, Morimura and Moffatt. Wasn't too bad, I don't think.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
i agree!!!!
i prepared for conceptual f/work and a question that would have to do with shocking the audience with mike parr and bill henson. but grrrrrrr these weren't in the exam so i ended up doing Q6.
overall, a pretty good paper. section 1 - a + b i loved those questions!!!

wooooooooooo its over.
p.s has anyone been informend about art express? or has anyones works not come back from marking (if sent away)
Question 9 was perfect for this. That was the question I did.

kristiejade

HSC
i thought it was okay. section 1a) could have gone either way (whether it was agreeing with the modernist metanarratives or not) as long as you backed it up properly. question nine

HSC
Haha! I'm seriously crazy about my artworks. I used to talk to them while I was painting them in the workshop at school, haha. I wrote all about it in my VAPD and how my friend that it's fine if I talk to them, she could deal with that, but if they started to talk back to me then she would have to find me a doctor. My teacher said if I ever get into Art Express that the markers will have so much fun reading through my books, heh.
I did a series of portraits - drawings and paintings - of my favourite musicians. You can see them here:
Cinnamonster's Gallery
They're all in different styles, depending on how I interpret their music. There's a little explanation on the side of the devart folder :)

What was your body of work?
OH MY GOODNESS! They are amazing. I can now see why you were talking to tim. did you talk to rufus? i woulf talk to rufus! So lifelike! Wow i am speechless! well done. I think you have a very good chance for art express!

I made a wedding dress made out of socks... and then much like you, i got carried away and extremely emotionally attached to it...so continued with it and made shoes, garter, horseshoe, head piece, flowers...etc(and i included a wedding ring...but that wasnt made out of socks!) My concept is about how socks, much the same as people , search for their partner. My title was " we may be facing hard wear and dirty times but at least we will be a pair". -from a story i read in my research. Here are some photos:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30343688&id=1001320071

Last edited:

C-BAS

HSC
I think I ripped Section 2 and did pretty well in Section 1. Maybe 45+?

Section 1:
1a-) Talked about post-WW1 patriotism and the value of work - especially in industry. How American's had been swept by the values of hard work for ones country. The photo showed it through the body position of the worker and his concentrated stare as he worked.
1b-) Broke it up into her practice of creating her ideas for an artwork and installing it. So first how she uses many mediums such as photography, drawing etc. and that nature is a clear inspiration and influence for her artworks. Secondly how she uses a large canvas and that her methods of creating her artwork are unusual (using lifts and gallery assistants).
1c-) Shoes are representations of DNA. Everybody has shoes, but each persons is different. Likewise she is Japanese, living in Germany, exhibiting in Poland with Polish shoes - all are related to WW2. Then how the stories allow and intimacy between the audience and the artwork. Also I made sure to relate everything back to the artist herself as that was what the question implied.

Section 2
5-) Raising awareness of conflict in one part of the world to another through art - Gittoes and Picasso through the Rwandan massacre (The Preacher II and The Heroine) and the bombing of Guernica (Guernica). Talked about all four aspects of the conceptual frame and their relationships, and how they inevitably raised awareness during their respective times. Also how people had to "notice" it as per the quote provided.

P.S. This may not be entirely accurate, I'm pretty sure I wrote about more than what's here. :D

P.P.S. Doing Modern History really helped with this exam! Almost broke out some A.J.P. Taylor quotes hahaha.

Last edited:

waza_

HSC
Exam = raped D:

Section 1 was kind of... wtf. Really liked Shiota's work, said something about the concept that the shoes one chooses and the experiences go with it give an insight into one's life and personality, expanded on that, said it represented individuals and the people who make up a community, then the artworld bit... I was kind of yeah, strong ties in different countries?

Did Question 2. Freaked out cause there was no question which was specifically culture. Used Manet, Morimura and Moffatt. Wasn't too bad, I don't think.
Yeah I thought this too but question 8 was close enough so I used it and it worked perfectly with my essay =D

Cinnamonster

HSC
OH MY GOODNESS! They are amazing. I can now see why you were talking to tim. So lifelike! Wow i am speechless! well done. I think you have a very good chance for art express!

I made a wedding dress made out of socks... and then much like you, i got carried away and extremely emotionally attached to it...so continued with it and made shoes, garter, horseshoe, head piece, flowers...etc(and i included a wedding ring...but that wasnt made out of socks!) My concept is about how socks, much the same as people , search for their partner. My title was " we may be facing hard wear and dirty times but at least we will be a pair". -from a story i read in my research. Here are some photos:

Hey thanks so much :)

Oh wow. Seriously, it's amazing. There is so much intricate detailing and just... well it's made out of socks! It's beautiful. It's just amazing what you've created. Have you got plans to continue on with textiles and fashion design by any chance? I mean I know this is a visual arts body of work and all but from the looks of it you are extremely talented in textiles and design too.
And I really love your concept too. I think you pulled it off exceptionally well.

HSC
Hey thanks so much :)

Oh wow. Seriously, it's amazing. There is so much intricate detailing and just... well it's made out of socks! It's beautiful. It's just amazing what you've created. Have you got plans to continue on with textiles and fashion design by any chance? I mean I know this is a visual arts body of work and all but from the looks of it you are extremely talented in textiles and design too.
And I really love your concept too. I think you pulled it off exceptionally well.
thankyou so much for your kind words! It means alot. Yes I want to pursue a fashion or costume career! With these exams finishing, i basically just sew all day! It is a huge passion of mine, and hopefully this will translate into job that i will actually enjoy, instead of sitting behind a desk and staring at a computer screen!
Do you want to pursue an art career? You have amazing talent!

oksteph

HSC
Overall, i thought it was an awesome exam. Yeah, section one seemed harder than expected, but was easy once you applied the appropriate frame to each question. Section two! God, i loved the postmodern question, went so well with my Yayoi kusama/Yinka shonibare combo, ended up writing 12 pages for it.
Same, i thought it was pretty good. You did both of the artists who were @ the MCA :) I loved Yayoi & Yinkas exhibition! Especially the rooms you go in from Yayoi's x]

Cinnamonster

HSC
thankyou so much for your kind words! It means alot. Yes I want to pursue a fashion or costume career! With these exams finishing, i basically just sew all day! It is a huge passion of mine, and hopefully this will translate into job that i will actually enjoy, instead of sitting behind a desk and staring at a computer screen!
Do you want to pursue an art career? You have amazing talent!
No problem :) I think you'll be a really awesome designer.
I really want to pursue a career in jewellery and fashion design. They didn't run a textiles class for my grade otherwise I would have chosen it too (alas, I was stuck with Ancient instead). I design and make a lot of jewellery in my spare time and I'm planning on opening an Etsy store some time later this month to sell jewellery and if all goes to plan I'll be starting a Design course at UNSW next year so I can become all professional at it and such. Hurrah!
I mean yeah I wish I could make a living of simply painting portraits for the rest of my life but somehow I don't see that happening. I'll still paint for the fun of it though and if someone happens to want to buy one of them then it'll be an added bonus.

HSC
perhaps we will work together some day! That is so excting you are opening an etsy store! I fits not to much trouble, let me know of the website url (i think that is what it is called) would love to see and perhaps buy some of you creations. Not as exciting as your venture, but i am thinking of holding a market stall, and sell some of my creations. it is so exciting that we are old enough to do this now... we dont have to worry about school ! yay!

Cinnamonster

HSC
perhaps we will work together some day! That is so excting you are opening an etsy store! I fits not to much trouble, let me know of the website url (i think that is what it is called) would love to see and perhaps buy some of you creations. Not as exciting as your venture, but i am thinking of holding a market stall, and sell some of my creations. it is so exciting that we are old enough to do this now... we dont have to worry about school ! yay!
It'd be so cool to work with other designers! My best friend actually wants to get into fashion design too, which is just heaps cool really.
I'll let you know as soon as I set up the store and all that. I'm really excited about it. I've been wanting to do so for almost two years now.
I know what you mean about finally getting to sell your art. I've been dying to have a stall for my jewellery at a few local markets too. It'll be loads of fun.

cole-

HSC
N/A
For 1c, was i the only one who included the japanese folklore of "the red string of fate" which ties the ankles of destined individuals together?

i fucking love manga, that it was able to provide me with extra stimulus for my art exam.

best hrs spent ever.

shansaywhaa

HSC
For 1c, was i the only one who included the japanese folklore of "the red string of fate" which ties the ankles of destined individuals together?

i fucking love manga, that it was able to provide me with extra stimulus for my art exam.

best hrs spent ever.
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle,
but it will never break."

hahhaha, i wrote about it too
thankyou manga
did you get it from nana?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)