the ending (1 Viewer)

wgy182

HSC
Hey guys,

What is the significance in the ending of both Frankenstein and Blade Runner?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
F - Victor and the monster's relationship, although it is extremely violent and full of hate, is necessary for both to survive. I think it shows that inextricable bond between creation/creator, and its also Shelley exploring the destructive end if we take science to far and we're unable to fulfil that relationship it can end in serious consequences (i.e. both dying)

BR - its more of a plot thing, but it pretty much suggests that Deckard is a replicant. The origami thing represents something from his dreams, stuff humans are "supposed" to have naturally, but since Gaff (presumably) has access to these dreams, it suggests that these memories have been implanted in Deckard, much like how replicants have subjective human stuff implanted within them. (I wouldn't use this as part of my essay..its just a fun thing to talk about)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
F - Victor and the monster's relationship, although it is extremely violent and full of hate, is necessary for both to survive. I think it shows that inextricable bond between creation/creator, and its also Shelley exploring the destructive end if we take science to far and we're unable to fulfil that relationship it can end in serious consequences (i.e. both dying)

BR - its more of a plot thing, but it pretty much suggests that Deckard is a replicant. The origami thing represents something from his dreams, stuff humans are "supposed" to have naturally, but since Gaff (presumably) has access to these dreams, it suggests that these memories have been implanted in Deckard, much like how replicants have subjective human stuff implanted within them. (I wouldn't use this as part of my essay..its just a fun thing to talk about)
it's immensely important if you're talking about the dichotomy (or lack thereof) between monstrosity and humanity which is actually quite a good theme to consider for a module based on changes in time, how and why has our perception of monstrosity and humanity changed and how do these texts reflect that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)