the ellie chronicles- sequel to the tomorrow series (1 Viewer)

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
I just finished reading "when i live" which is john marsden's latest book in a new series based around the post-war life of ellia- the character from the tomorrow when the war began series.
Most of the main people are in it, but i would reccomend it if you liked the other books

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Wow, I've always thought it would be mad if he continued the story of their lives... this book is available now, yes?

I hadn't even heard he was writing it, there should have been more publicity about it! *does a dance and dawdles off to the book store to buy a copy*

chip

HSC
i thought it was awesome it took me about three hours to read and now i'm like when will the next one come out
in some of the tomorrow series books in parts it got really weighed down with description and got kinda boring but i was really glad that this didnt happen in this one
totally enjoyed this book
do you think she will get back with lee

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
I don't think she will...she's gunna finf some new dude somewhere...could they have made it any more sad

Katgurl

I bought the book on friday and finished it in no time, i thought it was fantastic, just the thing i needed after months of study, now i want to go back to the first book and read through them all again, i could not put the book down and was still reading at half past 12 at night!
The tension between Lee and Ellie was really strong, i don't think he will throw that away really quickly, but i think it would take a few more books before they eventually got back together even if he decided to put them together again.
I can't wait for the next one!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
damn, those are my fave books but i cant remember them so i will have to read them all over again. i think it's a good idea, as i wanted to know what happened in their lives, but it's as if the series will just go on forever

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
I bought it yesterday, but haven't had time to read it, with the formal and all. Looking forward to it though.

s2ophie

HSC
I just finished reading where i live. I started reading tomorrow when the war began last friday afternoon and finished the last one yesterday. Then i read Where I live this morning. I had read them all before (well obviously except Where i live!) but it was amazing how much i had forgotten! It was like reading them for the first time. So yeah i think it was a pretty good effort reading 8 books in 7 days!

I like Where I live. The beginning totally shocked me. But the ending left it so open for the next book that it is totally cruel now to have to wait for it!

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
Yeh i read it as well. The beginning was quite good as you werent expecting something soo significant of that nature too occur that suddenly. However after that i dont think the book was as enjoyable for it couldnt top what had just happened, soo for me it became a little boring up untill the part with the "action", which was about half way through.
I also feel that something is just missing... i know quite a few of the characters died in the war... but theres only the four of them (not incl. gavin), and it just doesnt seem right. hehe maybe its just me.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
hey i never knew about this!

are these from this year?

/me goes to A&R

s2ophie

HSC
yep the first one has only recently been released

rosie rose

can i just put in my two cents?
ellie is too good for lee- after he nicked off and slept with the enemy, things just went downhill.
the couple i liked was fi and homer- so cute!
but how good is john marsden! rocks my socks

is a roflcopter
HSC
i vaguely remember that......but i dont think he slept with that girl hmmm
its been a while since i read the tomorrow series......like......year 6 lol

lee is a bit of chode, but he lost his parents so thats gotta make you a bit chody

s2ophie

HSC
i think its in the 5th or 6th book. and i think he did sleep with her.

huck fenn

Its a fair soap opera of a series. The writing is pretty bleary aimed at young-teenage readers. if my book pile shrinks enough, i may read it.

I really like the concept of the series, especially the political and social projections. but marsden totally played these things down. what i wanted was more of an explantion of why and how the actual invasion occured. but from the perspective he gave, this was not rerally possible. i recognise thise.. but it always left me a little over intrigued about the politics of it. because politicians start wars, not the army. Its one thing to have a theme of 'war is hell', but without much of a spectrum to represent, it seems a little hollow to me.
i think i feel this about most war movies. I always enjoy the ones that give glimpses (at least) of many different people involved, from the soldiers to the civilians to the officers. this is why i liked the movie "The Pianist" so much... and "Gallipoli". And why i hated "Black Hawk Down"

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Newbie
lee is a bit of chode, but he lost his parents so thats gotta make you a bit chody
wtf is a chode??
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
he slept with the enemy?? hehe when?
i dont think they did, they didnt say it implicitly anywhere
wasn't ellie saying she was gonna go for homer at the end of the last book?

is a roflcopter
HSC
chode is when a penis's width is greater than its length.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)