The EJ engines. (1 Viewer)

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Speaking of not being a gentle driver, I'm currently on 3 pistons. One of the cables for the spark plug is fried.

I can't believe it blew it like a fuse after going to the redline. I've redlined so many times before, but this time it just went.
The cable? Was probably on it's way out anyway, that's not usually something to break on the strain of hitting the redline.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
The cable? Was probably on it's way out anyway, that's not usually something to break on the strain of hitting the redline.
Idk but the mechanic checked today and said that one of the cables was not even producing sparks, whereas the rest were fine.

I went back to the site and I saw nothing remotely wrong. I mean I did see one pothole (which I did run over once because you can't see potholes in grass when the grass covers them and I am lucky to have missed the pothole another 2 times from the tread marks I've left behind) and a ditch caused from something (not even sure that was me though as the ditch is too big and I don't remember hitting one, but its in an adjacent spot when I first felt the engine groan).

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Updating on what's happening with mine. So there's a bit of black liquid coming out of the exhaust when the engine is revved.

I think its petrol, but not 100% sure as I wasn't the one revving it and I didn't get a whiff of it because I just saw the black stains on the concrete hours later when I got home. However if it is petrol, it seems consistent with there not being a proper combustion in one of the cylinders. I guess the petrol and air are going in, but there is no spark, so as the air keeps coming in, the petrol is just being flooded out to the exhaust.

However, do any of you think it could be something else? I mean it does make sense the engine would shake a lot for a Boxer engine (due to symmetry) once a cylinder is inactive. If it were an inline engine, there would be a lot less shaking. If it were a V-lined engine, there would be some shaking but not as much as this. Being 4 cylinders, having a 2:1 ratio of power output on the sides would make a big difference so that explains why it shakes so violently?

I guess one advantage of a Boxer this time was that it makes more sense when diagnosing the problem. However, getting to the spark plugs as usual is a difficult task haha.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Speaking of not being a gentle driver, I'm currently on 3 pistons. One of the cables for the spark plug is fried.

I can't believe it blew it like a fuse after going to the redline. I've redlined so many times before, but this time it just went.
fkn hoon

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Lol I was in a spot where there are absolutely no cars or people at all (think hard you might know where). Just trees, grass, and a rough surface.

(wait I must of been close to redlining when I took you for that spin lol; that roar).

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Makes sense that it'd be petrol. Logically, it can only be petrol, engine oil or water so I'd give a sniff to find out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)