The Door (1 Viewer)

Blondie

ok, im doing the door, and i dont get it! i mean, the teacher has blah blah blah'd crap all year, but i still dont get it. Any help??

Blondie

well, ive got techniques and recommended quotes and such, but i dont know exactly what i want to say about it...or HOW to say it, so that it sounds sophisticated. ugh i hate english!

s2ophie

HSC
if you don't understand the door, do one you do understand. what did you do in the trials?

Winston

HSC
ok it's always good to understand it at a simple perpsective, let's calm down and take it step by step.

First of all think the composer i.e. the author but it's good to use composer instead, think of what they're trying to say through this poem. My opinion would be they are trying to promote or encourage change to an individual.

Now that's a simple enough point you can keep clear in mind, so then you can think in terms of what he has done to communicate this idea, the language techniques, the door itself as being a metaphor, etc.

I think you don't have to say it so sophisticated, you say what is right, you say how you interpret this piece of text, and explain it, there's no right or wrong in english, it's how you prove it, and what evidence you have to back up your point of view on the poem.

Blondie

thanks winston. that makes heaps of sense. ive done that, and turns out the door makes sense. go figure.
i think i might just call the advice line... see what i can get out of them.
And i did sky high for the trials, did ok, but it doesnt seem to fit with my place, which is my core text.
oh well...

has anyone ever thought to question the hsc? i mean, i think its really really bad. and not just cos its hard or i have to study, but cos its causing me to forget the most important thing in life. and that is .... wait for it ... partying!!!

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Blondie
thanks winston. that makes heaps of sense. ive done that, and turns out the door makes sense. go figure.
i think i might just call the advice line... see what i can get out of them.
And i did sky high for the trials, did ok, but it doesnt seem to fit with my place, which is my core text.
oh well...

has anyone ever thought to question the hsc? i mean, i think its really really bad. and not just cos its hard or i have to study, but cos its causing me to forget the most important thing in life. and that is .... wait for it ... partying!!!
Blondie, listen your on the good track, use Sky High, it's about the easiest text in the booklet, don't use the text because it doesn't have no similarities with your core text, if you can link the Sky High text with your Change Focus, then it's all good, remember when you talk about context, it doesn't have to be about the similarities your core text and your stimulus text has, it can also be about the differences each text shares.

Blondie

ahhhh...it all makes sense now :) i hate english so much!!
in 8 days no more english!!! party :)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Also make sure you mention HOW it is related to change. i.e the composer is making the reader aware that change is inevitable and that whether it is good or bad change it has to be accepted.

Blondie

yeah i know, but memba, DO NOT write "change can be posititve or negative blah blah blah..." cos markers hate that cos EVRY1 writes that....ugh boring!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Blondie
yeah i know, but memba, DO NOT write "change can be posititve or negative blah blah blah..." cos markers hate that cos EVRY1 writes that....ugh boring!!
so if it says to talk of the results what would you say?

Blondie

.........................................................................................................

u can write "positive/neg" in ur body, but to open ur essay's intro with a definition of change and saying "pos/neg" will kill u. right there and then. its overused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)