The Death Penalty 2005 (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
i would think that "extreme" relates to the severity of the crime, not the surety of guilt.

spell check

HSC
nekkid said:
i would think that "extreme" relates to the severity of the crime, not the surety of guilt.
but the idea of death penalty condemning serious crimes doesn't work, so it couldn't be

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
i'm all for it, not so much as a deterrent since it apparently doesn't work, but for the punishment of the individual person.

i know im gonna get yelled at for saying this
but if a person commits a horrific murder, and the person suffered, then i think the guilty party should have the same thing done back to them. like they cause a person so much pain in death, yet they die peacefully by lethal injection??

doesn't seem fair in my opinion

they should either bring in tougher sentecning, i.e. ACTUAL life in prison, not 25 years, or bring back the death penalty...

tempco

HSC
well, from my point of view, murder and capital punishment are quite different... crime and punishment. and yes, the murderer might have been punishing the victim in his view, but the state has a judicial system to determine whether the accused is innocent or guilty (whether it's accurate or not is another issue).

Zyklon

Banned
HSC
I'm all for the death penalty on the bali 9.

If you're stupid enough to smuggle drugs into a country where you're given the death penalty if convicted, then you deserve to die, I certainly don't want you back in my country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)