The Dark Knight (1 Viewer)

SiN3m

HSC
michael1990 said:
Another Batman?

I want to watch it again.
Might do it this weekend.

Whats your name by the way?

lol i wanna c it at imax friends said it was really worth it.....

another batman as in another film lol

btw my name is Sinem....and yours is Michael i presume lol

michael1990

HSC
SiN3m said:
lol i wanna c it at imax friends said it was really worth it.....

another batman as in another film lol

btw my name is Sinem....and yours is Michael i presume lol
LOL
Yeah it is.

Oh okay.

How long did it take after Batman Begins for them to make Dark Knight?

SiN3m

HSC
michael1990 said:
LOL
Yeah it is.

Oh okay.

How long did it take after Batman Begins for them to make Dark Knight?
about 3 yrz.....i just check imbd and Batman Begins came out in 05

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
best scene was ledger dressed as a nurse.

SiN3m

HSC
angmor said:
best scene was ledger dressed as a nurse.

trying to press the button that wouldn't and his walk!

his reaction to the blast was funny too

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:

Must watch a second time! Best remake of the Batman series EVER.
iawtc.

In more ways than one :santa:

Anyway the film is so strong as a performance through the cast and crew and soundtrack. It was intense throughout, particularly in the second half, and the final sequence was thrilling yet quite cathartic as an experience (which in the words of Aristotle in Poetics is the mark of a great tragedy).

And a tragedy it was that it was over already. I hardly noticed that two-and-a-half hours had passed when the credits were rolling and the audience started clapping.

A quick critique of the film overall as a work of great integrity: all of the main actors were superb.

I sincerely thought Christian Bale was as good as Heath Ledger in his portrayal of an outcast vigilante.

Aaron Eckhart was very strong in his representation of a man of morals in a dark world (Dent) and yet could still come up with an intensely vindictive performance as 'Two-face'. The hurt on his visage was apparent and his sense of revenge really resonated with many elements of the tragic hero in Aristotelian tragedy who is neither thoroughly good nor bad but a mixture of both. He evoked powerful feelings of pity (in that he had been punished severely in the circumstanes) and fear (demonstrating how a great man, of higher moral worth than ourselves, could similarly fall to baseness and become the eponymous 'Dark Knight'). His hamartia (or tragic flaw) of elevated human love ironically leads to his deterioration of self and the channeling of rage against his old friends and life itself: i thought this highlighted the dual effect of nihilism and moral coda/didacticism in the film (the latter through the mise-en-scene of the hostages on the ship).

Morgan Freeman had a very understated but controlled performance and imparted a sense of relaxed order to the film's chaotic trajectory.

Maggie: simply stunning as Rachel Dawes. Could not have been a better replacement for Katie Holmes (who seemed awed by such a superhero role in Batman Begins).

Gary Oldman was highly convincing as was Heath Ledger who truly morphed into 'The Joker'. A metaphor is suitable here as he WAS rather than LIKE what most of us had imagined the joker to be.

The soundtrack was the second major highlight: each emotion and nuance in the story was conveyed through the crescendos and flourishes in the Zimmer soundtrack (best known for Lion King, another film that has influenced my experiential childhood).

The heroic theme, instead of being a reductive 'der ner ner ner ner ner Batman' repeat ad nauseum was a powerful eg of how foreshadowing (traditionally done through a 'chorus' in Shakespearean tragedy) could be achieved through the opening soundtrack. The juxtaposition between the music played when Dent was on-screen and the Joker's abrupt entrances also reflected the internal conflict in the audience of terror and thrill (reflecting Burke's sublime). The final score (used in the worldwide trailers also) with the underlying heavy beats and fast-paced music that built to a climax played in the cuts between Alfred burning Rachel's letter, Batman running off and the Commissioner destroying (very symbolically) the Bat signal also complemented the open-ended denouement well.

There's much more that i could comment on about the design (costumes and sets) and deliberate editing and special effects strategies, but we'll leave the textual analysis at that. Due to my academic background this is basically my way of saying this is the Best. Work. Ever.

tl;dr Acting and music made this film good. WHY SO SERIOUS?

Sophles

HSC
the DARK KNIGHT
was so good
and well done
Heath ledger gave an outstanding performance....
im going to go an see it again
i loved it
good work:wave:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
My friends and I were making fun of Bale's Batman voice

*low growl*

SiN3m

HSC
scarybunny said:
My friends and I were making fun of Bale's Batman voice

*low growl*
how cud u make fun of it???? It's SO hot whne he does it...even in batman begins i <3 it!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
it definitely should not of overtaken the godfather...

i really need to see this again.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
It annoyed me that so much time was spent on the good side of two face and how he came to be, and what felt like hardly any time at all was spent exploring his bad side...and then suddenly he is dead. Thats fucked, such a build up for just a few small scenes of him "punishing" people and then he is gone. The joker took up most of the movie, where in the comic, two face is my favourite villain.

So... next movie? who will be the enemy? the riddler? the penguin? i hope the penguin. Before i saw the end of this i thought that this second movie would be about the joker and a bit of development of two face to set him up to be the main enemy in a third movie.

zingerburger

HSC
Get Arnie back as Mr Freeze. Hehe. But I can see The Riddler being a good villain.

Or how about a Marvel vs. DC vs. Capcom movie? Spiderman vs. Batman vs. Ryu.

Haduken.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Serius said:
It annoyed me that so much time was spent on the good side of two face and how he came to be, and what felt like hardly any time at all was spent exploring his bad side...and then suddenly he is dead. Thats fucked, such a build up for just a few small scenes of him "punishing" people and then he is gone. The joker took up most of the movie, where in the comic, two face is my favourite villain.

So... next movie? who will be the enemy? the riddler? the penguin? i hope the penguin. Before i saw the end of this i thought that this second movie would be about the joker and a bit of development of two face to set him up to be the main enemy in a third movie.

He's not dead, he's tommy lee jones!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
zingerburger said:
Get Arnie back as Mr Freeze. Hehe. But I can see The Riddler being a good villain.

Or how about a Marvel vs. DC vs. Capcom movie? Spiderman vs. Batman vs. Ryu.

Haduken.
Why the hell would they fight each other when none of them are causing any disturbance to the peace?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)