The Daily Telegraph (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
when ancient and ipt were on... the next day the only spoke about ancient and when modern and legal were on they only spoke of modern
Modern and Legal weren't on the same day. It was modern and science and there wouldn't have been anything to talk about for science except a couple of words...'ridiculously easy!'

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ok sorry wrong thing then.... but i just know they did it for a few subjects and its just weird cause its like what is one subject more important than the other... you know what i mean... but im overit... its just when i was curious about some of my subjects and they didnt speak about them i was like ohh ok thanks for that

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I can understand that, but I spose like some people of said, its not of enough general interest so they don't want to take up too much room with it. Maybe they just publish the one with the bigger candidature?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
While newspapers can't be entirely trusted, the Telegraph does seem to be one of the worst, something that has only been heightened through 'Telling The Truth'. The sensationalism and distortion of truth has been very rife throughout it's pages.. Anyone remember such exploitative headlines as A Traitor's Innocent Son Asks; Will Daddy Blow Up Australia?.

Yet it remains a more popular paper. (Not only statistically, but from personal experience. I purchase the Herald each Saturday, and at the local newsagent, almost every copy of the Telegraph is sold..).

Incidentally, their music reportage (The Telegraph) is quite bad as well.. The music editor seems to have some bias against Radiohead.. Like when there was the 'controversy' over the unreleased 'Motion Picture Soundtrack' videoclip, the comment in the Telegraph literally was In a move that could alienate up to half their fanbase...

:chainsaw:
yeah the herald is the worset of the lot... its sorta popular..cuz its easi to read.... and has more tirivial articles i think... whereas the msh's audience is slightly more sophsticated... this is how i feel aniwyz.. there are a lot of domestic artilcles in the hearld..abut car crahses, dads and mums famili stuff... whereas i find with smh its more international and polticalli based... same goes for the sunday telegraph

the autralian is also a good one i think..

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
yeah the herald is the worset of the lot... its sorta popular..cuz its easi to read.... and has more tirivial articles i think... whereas the msh's audience is slightly more sophsticated... this is how i feel aniwyz.. there are a lot of domestic artilcles in the hearld..abut car crahses, dads and mums famili stuff... whereas i find with smh its more international and polticalli based... same goes for the sunday telegraph

the autralian is also a good one i think..
It's the difference between 'Tabloid' and 'Broadsheet' papers, even within the same publishing companies. (It is truly scary how much of the media is owned by Murdoch.. In Adelaide, he actually has a newspaper monopoly!).

Something I've noticed in the Telegraph is how that almost inevitably, if an article is about a woman or women, the headline is in terms of the near-ubiqious 'Mum'. Nothing like gender-stereotyping..

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Size of the paper. Broadsheet = folio size like the SMH. It's a total bitch to read though, near impossible on public transport and it WILL cover your entire desk :p
Tabloid is so much easier but sadly, it's usually full of trash.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Size of the paper. Broadsheet = folio size like the SMH. It's a total bitch to read though, near impossible on public transport and it WILL cover your entire desk :p
Tabloid is so much easier but sadly, it's usually full of trash.

yeha i find it heapz hard to read as well..so why does smh or other papers for that factor use braodsheet?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
The Sydney Morning Herald has a larger section and sometimes includes a sample question from the paper. As does the Illawarra Mercury. Their sections are alright, still they're published by the same company - Fairfax.
yeah, fairfax produces better quality, than daily telegraph- i mean its a tabloid after all. :rolleyes:

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
hahahah u kidding? its the most boring thing i have ever read...... even finacinal advisers say its dry.. i prefer BRW.. i am subscribed to it.... and i also like to read The Economist and Te Diplomat.. althoguh the Diplomat is a lil expansive for meeh to buy it every wk

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Yet it remains a more popular paper. (Not only statistically, but from personal experience. I purchase the Herald each Saturday, and at the local newsagent, almost every copy of the Telegraph is sold
the telegraph tends to have a wide reading audience, simply because it is 'easy to read', you dont need a masters degree in english to understand it..
whereas SMH tends to be a bit more sophisticated, the 'uneducated' among the country may find it difficult to understand or whatever..

but, yeah, SMH all the way!!!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
l'm subscribed to The Sunday telegraph and The Sunday herald...I like Herald better only because sport is easily accessable, its on the back page!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)