The Da Vinci Code...THE MOVIE (1 Viewer)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
bscienceboi said:
Directed by Ron Howard

With the following cast:
Tom Hanks .... Robert Langdon
Audrey Tautou .... Sophie Neveu
Ian McKellen .... Sir Leigh Teabing
Alfred Molina .... Bishop Aringarosa
Jean Reno .... Bezu Fache
Paul Bettany .... Silas

Sir Ian McKellen as Sir Leigh Teabing, coincidently they have both been knighted. Wouldnt it be funny if Hugh Laurie played this role. I was watching the Television awards show on channel ten and he has a noticeable British accent but also on House he uses a walking stick.

Interesting selection. I dislike Jean Reno, hated his character in all the movies I've seen starring him, although he does suit the role as the french cop.
Tom Hanks!?

Langdon's supposed to be quite hot, but maybe they'll glam Hanks up a bit. :p

I'm happy with Audrey Tautou. And Hugh Laurie! *Swoons* :p

So this is what they look like:

Tom Hanks:

Audrey Tautou:

Ian McKellen:

Alfred Molina:

Jean Reno:

Paul Bettany:

I say bring on the Laurie.

persephone

HSC
I don't want Tom Hanks to be in it. Robert Langdon is supposed to attractive. Or at least attractive enough to get women to sleep with him. They better glam him up.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
I think the casting is top notch. Langdon isn't meant to be hot.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
He's meant to be hot in a distinguished sort of way.

I hope they don't over-do on action and under-do on history and puzzles.

tempco

HSC
erawamai said:
I think the casting is top notch. Langdon isn't meant to be hot.
agreed. most of the actors are what i've imagined them to be.

MouNtY

i don't think i ever would've picked hanks for langdon, i probably would've picked clooney or someone like that. kinda disappointed they didn't use a real albino for the part of silas. I like all the other cast members but i sorta imagined teabing as being a little chibbier with rosie cheeks(dunno why, it's just how i imagined it), mckellan is a bit to wierd i reckon, but he'd probably suit.

tempco

HSC
hrm, i'm hoping hanks will have some stubble during the movie... that'd be langdon-ish.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Due to the rather plain writing style of Brown the image of langdon is rather plain. Most actors could play him. Hanks is a good choice.

Cloony is too 'good looking' in an old hollywood sense. We want a professor. Professors are generally not hot.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Most of the actors are well distinguished and have years worth of experience.

Besides Toatou, but she is a great actress and conveniently french (however from memory Sophie's hair was suppose to be red?).

There aren't many albino actors around :p

As for Teabling, McKellen would be a good choice, however I always saw Teabing to be a comical character, clever and young at heart.

Teabing: Well Langdon, you were just saved by a knight weilding Excalibur made by Acme Orthopedics

Jean Reno really suited what I pictured Fech to be.

As for the lead, Tom Hanks, it should be interesting.

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
awesome, i will have finished the book by then (damn hsc)

Dhruv

HSC
Da Vinci Code Trailer

The trailer for this has been released:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/da_vinci_code/

Anybody else really looking forward to this? Great cast, backed by an adaptation of a book I really enjoyed - I can't wait!

I can't say I cared too much for Brown's writing style, but the concepts explored in the book were more than enough to outweigh that (I don't care if they're factual or not, I'm not a Christian fundamentalist). I'm sure the screenplay will be better-written, though.

The one thing I'm hoping for from the movie is a slightly more climactic ending, the one in the book seemed a bit rushed and therefore not as thrilling as it could have been IMO.

Umm, what else? Wasn't Sophie's hair supposed to be red in the novel? Seems a bit strange that the others look like they were described in the book but not her..oh well, that shouldn't affect the plot, I wouldn't think.

Share your comments!

Dhruv

HSC
Just interested, what did you think of the novel and Angels & Demons (if you've read 'em)?

[trent]

HSC
The Da Vinci Code was made for the movies...it jumps quickly between good guys and bad guys, has plenty of steryotypical action scenes, has a mystery needing to be solved. I think it's one of the most filmable popular novels.

I think the trailer looked really good...everything looks just the way I imagined it. I just hope the film won't be heaps trashy, but by the looks of it, it won't be. Ron Howard is a very talented director (A Beautiful Mind is still amoung my favourite films) and I have high hopes...

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Bunny04 said:
thats cause everyone thats going to see the movie would have read the book.
:p

Well I havent read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, maybe I should close my eyes whenever the trailers are on. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)