The Crucible (1 Viewer)

mc1007

HSC
Hey all,

Just wondering for all those who did The Crucible as their set text, what related texts did you use?

And does anyone have any notes on those related texts OR on the crucible itself?

Much appreciated.

HSC
N/A
Hey all,

Just wondering for all those who did The Crucible as their set text, what related texts did you use?

And does anyone have any notes on those related texts OR on the crucible itself?

Much appreciated.

I used Ned Kelly Jerilderie letter, and an image of a tribal nomad from an issue of national geographic. I went on about constrasting the costs of not belonging verus the costs of belonging.

Shown in how proctor must "sell his soul" and lie to save himself from being executed

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
I actually really enjoyed the Crucible ._.

Sngbrd06

HSC
I'm currently doing Donnie Darko and I need another related text. ^How did you use Inception?

Claire_xox

Premium Member
HSC
Hey all,

Much appreciated.
I did the poem "Funeral Rites" by Seamus Heaney. In a nutshell, it's about sectarian violence in Ireland and how the people can no longer truly belong to their religion
Also for a back-up in case they ask for two texts I have the story book "The island"

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A
Hey all,

Much appreciated.

you might want to try "The Arrival" -
Lottery Shirley Jackson
Tsotsi - a film
Mean Girls - the film

Gotei

HSC
The rabbits by Shaun Tan and John Marsden. It's a picture book with text. Shows the belonging of culture and how it shapes people sense of belonging. It is also similar to the crucible belonging to the puritan belief, and disregarding the belief of anything that goes against it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
the crucible is shit
So shit. Like the shittest thing I have ever done in my life.

Btw, my related text is Evangelion: 1.01 directed by Hideaki Anno. - Anime
And my backups are Late Ferry, Journey: The North Coast, or some other shit.

Last edited:

Rikyy

HSC
no way, act 3 was by far the most interesting part, other than that i have to agree it was shit.

balkaranjeet

HSC
N/A
does anyone have any notes or any tips on the island or funeral rites by seamus heaney, my first assessment for yr 12 is due in a week.
if anyone has anything please reply or PM me :) thanks

adriellemartin

HSC
N/A
Shmoop has a pretty good list of resources and texts related to the Crucible: the actual Salem Witch Trial papers, a resource that discusses the factual accuracy of the Crucible, a lecture by Arthur Miller itself, etc. That’s pretty much all I used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)