The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

he lost it for them, his century was too slow
Strike rate of 77. Maybe not ideal but I guess he was the 'anchor' and others should have batter around him. Kohli's SR was marginally better and I think he has the potential score a lot faster than Tendulkar.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Strike rate of 77. Maybe not ideal but I guess he was the 'anchor' and others should have batter around him. Kohli's SR was marginally better and I think he has the potential score a lot faster than Tendulkar.
Kohli imo is like the ponting of india, obviously he can't be tendulkar (never know tho) :p

halapenyo

HSC

cant wait to see vernon philander next summer playing when australia play south africa. he just took his 50th test wicket in his 7th test match and his average is 13.60. fuarkk he will destroy the aussies at the waca

Lentern

HSC

slow century? makes me think of dravid's glorious 20-something strike rate
Dravid's one day strike rate was 71, and like most batsman the bigger the score he got the faster his strike rate would have been. So in innings over 50 he would nearly always have scored at 80+, obviously it depends on the pitch and the bowling but generally to score at 77 when you score over a hundred is pretty bad. I think Tendulkar's reflexes are going, he isn't hitting down the wicket much anymore and I think that's because if he uses the pace of the ball and mostly hits square then against quick bowlers he can decide later, winding up and hitting down the line means committing pretty early and I reckon he's probably not picking it early enough to do that. In a test environment you can get away with modifying your game like that but in limited overs cricket it'll increasingly become a problem. I really think he needs to consider his position

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

From what Tendulkar has been saying recently, I dont think he'll be retiring anytime soon... might even go on to play the next WC

halapenyo

HSC

Dravid's one day strike rate was 71, and like most batsman the bigger the score he got the faster his strike rate would have been. So in innings over 50 he would nearly always have scored at 80+, obviously it depends on the pitch and the bowling but generally to score at 77 when you score over a hundred is pretty bad. I think Tendulkar's reflexes are going, he isn't hitting down the wicket much anymore and I think that's because if he uses the pace of the ball and mostly hits square then against quick bowlers he can decide later, winding up and hitting down the line means committing pretty early and I reckon he's probably not picking it early enough to do that. In a test environment you can get away with modifying your game like that but in limited overs cricket it'll increasingly become a problem. I really think he needs to consider his position
i think the indian selectors need to give him a few more ODI matches. it might just be that the pressure of the 100th 100 was affecting his game. he hit 52 off 48 balls in the match against pakistan after he got the monkey off his back.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

lol dude the indian selectors dont have the balls to drop him, india will go ballistic

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Nah now is the best time for him to retire from the limited over game ay least.

All his personal milestones have virtually been achieved and his omlnly real motivation is to help india win some more matches. Since he has less impact on the game nowadays, even this role is all but wearing out

SUPGUYS

HSC
Uni Grad

Can't hear a word against Sachin, sorry guys, he's still the best batman out there and his record against the Aussies is phenomenal, he just had a bad series this time around (he's past that milestone of his now too btw).

Anyone following (or followed) Aus vs WI? I was surprised how well WI played on such dodgy pitches!

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC

Can't hear a word against Sachin, sorry guys, he's still the best batman out there and his record against the Aussies is phenomenal, he just had a bad series this time around (he's past that milestone of his now too btw).

Anyone following (or followed) Aus vs WI? I was surprised how well WI played on such dodgy pitches!
Held up only by Chanderpaul though.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

we are looking pretty poor vs england atm

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

and they don't even play pietersen

Personally, I think we can blame one of two things:

- Michael Clarke

or

- Carbon Tax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)