The Cricket Thread (3 Viewers)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
re: The Official Cricket Thread

Hughes is going great guns, but he' and Katich are so bad to watch, lets see an elegant player in the team (not named Ponting)
Especially when he is hitting consecutive sixes to bring up his maiden test match century.

It's ghastly.

Off with his head!!!!1!!

Seriously though, as the game evolves, so will technique. I don't see why people are so hard on him about the way he plays his shots. Is it because he's playing test matches rather than Twenty20 or ODI's?

shantu1992

HSC

hughes is a great player
should of had him in the team since teh australian summer
lol though his batting technique is so weird
his slog sweep over mid on looks so funny lol
high backlift aswell

Mozza91

HSC

Especially when he is hitting consecutive sixes to bring up his maiden test match century.

It's ghastly.

Off with his head!!!!1!!

Seriously though, as the game evolves, so will technique. I don't see why people are so hard on him about the way he plays his shots. Is it because he's playing test matches rather than Twenty20 or ODI's?
I've grown up watching guys like Tendulkar,Martyn and Mark Waugh so I've been spoilt.
But now in cricket the only really elegant batsmen are Tendulkar and Bell

Mozza91

HSC

You did not just put Ian Bell and elegant in the same sentence?
Ian Bell has a teriffic technique and is very good to watch particularily in the one day arena where he plays with freedom he has Mark Waugh syndrome though and gets too many starts without getting the big one

P.T.F.E

HSC

hughes is fantastic to watch, he may not have an orthodox technique but it is still an elegant technique, he plays long innings and has reasonable strike rates, not to mention easy on the eye.
Plus there is other batsmens in the team Clake is a genius, ponting is a classic and Johnson is entertaining.

Mozza91

HSC

hughes is fantastic to watch, he may not have an orthodox technique but it is still an elegant technique, he plays long innings and has reasonable strike rates, not to mention easy on the eye.
Plus there is other batsmens in the team Clake is a genius, ponting is a classic and Johnson is entertaining.
Clarke is very good to watch especially when using his feet, and pnting is all class I just miss Marto that's all

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

Ian Bell has a teriffic technique and is very good to watch particularily in the one day arena where he plays with freedom he has Mark Waugh syndrome though and gets too many starts without getting the big one
Well admittedly I haven't watched him extensively since the Ashes but I remember him as one of the most boring batsmen of all time, and a laughing stock in the UK. His strike rarely exceeded 30.

Mozza91

HSC

Well admittedly I haven't watched him extensively since the Ashes but I remember him as one of the most boring batsmen of all time, and a laughing stock in the UK. His strike rarely exceeded 30.
Watch an England ODI he will play brilliantly get to 40 than get out

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

I'm only basing this on tests btw.

Mark Waugh is incomparable in my books though, in both forms of the game. I was absolutely gutted when he was forced to retire.

trickx

HSC

Brett Lee.

Perfect. And I mean perfect body positioning and style to get the fastest pace.

P.T.F.E

HSC

I am loving Hughes if you havn't gathered that yet, and the fact he is from round up here where i live makes it soo much better. O and clarke friggin favourite player too come out and play the series as if there was no back problem. Mackenzie and Amla opening.

P.T.F.E

HSC

yer i reakon hey with the bowling as good as it is atm siddle first two overs were maidens and now in his third with one run.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC

saffies chugging along at 1.35 per over so far (0.8 in the last 10). Looks like they're going to try and bat out the last 2 days defensively.

P.T.F.E

HSC

hope we can be that bit better.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

Is steve bucknor chronically retarded? Or is it just a pure hatred towards Australia?

McKensie gone. 1/63. Fucking hope australia can rap this one up.
Referral?

Didn't see. Details?

superralex

Sheriosusly BHS09.
HSC

Is steve bucknor chronically retarded? Or is it just a pure hatred towards Australia?

McKensie gone. 1/63. Fucking hope australia can rap this one up.
Geeze, McKenzie should be dropped. He has underperformed in the tour of Australia and now the first two test matches.

The only thing he is being consistent in, is getting below par scores.

monesh

HSC

Geeze, McKenzie should be dropped. He has underperformed in the tour of Australia and now the first two test matches.

The only thing he is being consistent in, is getting below par scores.
no one wants to take the opening spot. They wanna put prince in team, but dumini i reckon wont be good at opening. They cud put amla i guess. But yeah i agree with u he been playing shit.

P.T.F.E

HSC

Can Australia pull it out today? 2/244, effectively 3. RSA need 302 to win (can they do it?) and Australia need 7 (or 8) wickets. At this stage, the bowlers need to harden the fuck up and perform as they did in the first innings, else I don't like our chances.
have faith we can do it. knock over a.b and kallis and all sa have is dumini and he cant carry the team he is too small.
we can win it, we will win it.

Mozza91

HSC

have faith we can do it. knock over a.b and kallis and all sa have is dumini and he cant carry the team he is too small.
we can win it, we will win it.
Loves it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)