The 'burbs (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, so I'm just looking at some accomodation in the Albury area, and I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how far (km, mins, etc) the following are from the CSU Albury city campus, what they're like, etc. Thanks!

Albury (ok, I get that much, but what sort of area does 'Albury' itself encompass)
Albury East/West/North
Howlong
Lavington
Norris Park
Thurgoona
Wodonga/West

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Thurgoona is the closest to the Campus............ apart for that, not sure. Maybe PM ash? She'd know..

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i try ring some friends down there and get some info 4 ya

s2ophie

HSC
Albury - If you are going to the campus which is in the centre of town, ideally you would want to live in central albury but this is where it will be most expensive. From most of central albury you would be in a 5-10 minute walking distance from the campus. You are also about a 15minute drive from the thurgoona campus.

Albury East/West/North - from each of these suburbs you are about a 10 minute drive from the campus and from parts of east and north albury you would be in an easy walking distance.

Howlong - Don't even think about living here. It would be pointless for a uni student.

Lavington - about a 10 minute drive from the albury campus but if you had a
choice, choose east albury, north albury or west albury over lavington. Some parts of Lavy are really dodgy.

Norris Park - A fair distance from the campus. this is a fairly new housing estate. say 15-20 min drive from central campus.

Thurgoona - Obviously close to thurgoona campus. about 10-15mins from albury campus by car

Wodonga/West - Don;t live in Wodonga. Its too far and Albury is better to live in.

If you have a car its not much of an issue where you live but if you don't, you need to be in central or possibly east albury. That way you are close to the campus and dean Street which is the main street and where you will go out etc.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hmm, thanks!!
I think if I get CSU, I'll try and get on-campus at Thurgoona, I'll be studying at the main campus, but I have a car, and I would prefer to be out of town a bit (the thought of city living freaks me out)...perhaps in 2nd yr move closer to town or something, but not yet, I don't know anyone in Albury, nor do I know the area...I don't know if I'm cut out for college life, but hey, I can't turn down the opportunity to see.
Does anyone know what Thurgoona is like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)