The BOS HSC Workshop (Poll included) (1 Viewer)

Are you going?

• Yes

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Thinking about it

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 56.9%

• Total voters

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
i really want to go...but are they all in sydney??
i live about 10hours away..so far to travel...are there any others happening anywhere else around NSW???
As far as I know, there are similar HSC seminars offered in Western NSW that run for 2 days, and are usually offered in June. I went to school 5 hours west of Sydney, so if you hang out and bug your teachers ... The one I went to was in Dubbo and there were a few hundred students from schools west of the Blue Mountains...

So don't despair.. If you can't make it to Sydney ones, as far as I know there are definitely some offered in the west.
The one I went to had peter skrzynecki as the guest speaker.

sara.

HSC
Seminars

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone is going to the BOS HSC Seminar on the 21st? Think it will be any good? I'm wondering if i bother registering....

I also heard about a semiar purely focusing on the AOS (paper one) being held by the English Teachers Association on the 27th...

Just trying to get an idea of who goes, if its a waste of time, etc.

Thanks!

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
Hey guys!!

Only 4 days left to get the early bird tickets!

Hope some of you are thinking of coming :)

Any questions about the seminar just ask.

Sophie

Kaatie

HSC
went to an english lecture in syd with those guest speakers and they just talked about their trip... so lamme.

verdades

HSC
I'm going, but I ah, assumed that I'd be able to pay at a later date after booking.
Because my parents said I could go, hence I booked, and then Mum decided to say that she'd really much prefer if we paid it this week.

So is there any chance I could get the Paypal details to pay?
>.<

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
I'm going, but I ah, assumed that I'd be able to pay at a later date after booking.
Because my parents said I could go, hence I booked, and then Mum decided to say that she'd really much prefer if we paid it this week.

So is there any chance I could get the Paypal details to pay?
>.<
what do you mean by Paypal details?

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
Hi All,

Due to unforseen circumstances, Boredofstudies will be postponing the HSC Success Workshop, scheduled for Saturday 21st February 2009, to a later date.

We will likely be holding the workshop in May 2009. We will be advising all people who have registered, the new date via email and phone. We will also be readvertising the workshop in the coming weeks.

With regards to the ticket you have purchased, you have the option of either a full refund (via direct credit to your bank account or via PayPal) or you may wish to retain your ticket and use it for the May workshop. We will be phoning each person who has registered to discuss their preferred option.

For those that retain their ticket for the May workshop, Boredofstudies will provide you with an additional ticket, free of charge. You can give this to a friend or have a parent attend the workshop with you - whatever you choose!

Also, for those that are entitled to the free movie ticket under the promotion we held, will still receive this on the day of the workshop if they choose to retain their ticket.

Again apologies for this inconvenience and if you have any further questions regarding the postponement of the HSC Success Workshop, feel free to email me at sophie@boredofstudies.org

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hi All,

Due to unforseen circumstances, Boredofstudies will be postponing the HSC Success Workshop, scheduled for Saturday 21st February 2009, to a later date.

We will likely be holding the workshop in May 2009. We will be advising all people who have registered, the new date via email and phone. We will also be readvertising the workshop in the coming weeks.

With regards to the ticket you have purchased, you have the option of either a full refund (via direct credit to your bank account or via PayPal) or you may wish to retain your ticket and use it for the May workshop. We will be phoning each person who has registered to discuss their preferred option.

For those that retain their ticket for the May workshop, Boredofstudies will provide you with an additional ticket, free of charge. You can give this to a friend or have a parent attend the workshop with you - whatever you choose!

Also, for those that are entitled to the free movie ticket under the promotion we held, will still receive this on the day of the workshop if they choose to retain their ticket.

Again apologies for this inconvenience and if you have any further questions regarding the postponement of the HSC Success Workshop, feel free to email me at sophie@boredofstudies.org
Uh...Does this mean that it is possible to buy tickets later?

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
Uh...Does this mean that it is possible to buy tickets later?
Yes, sure does.

We will be adversiting the seminar again on this forum once we have confirmed a new date.

Hopefully this works out better for alot of people.

Sorry again for any inconvieniences this has cause.

If you have already bought a ticket you are eligible for a full refund or if you keep your ticket you will recieive another ticket for free for the new date.

Thanks,

Sophie

youngminii

Banned
HSC
lol, instead of that, I may consider getting the ticket for a half price.
Ooh..
Buy the ticket for half price using the tax refund, then sell it for 'half price'.
Get all your money back and still get a ticket.

Alternatively (and less Jewishly), I might just buy a ticket for half price off someone.. I mean, half the price of half the price of the ticket. So a quarter of the price.

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
Hey guys

The new date for the seminar will be realeased shortly, aswell as a new early bird ticket time.

This is still a must attend event that will be incredibly useful for your HSC exams.

Feel free to ask me any questions

Sophie

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Thanks Sophie.

I think I should be going...sounds like a good session.

It will also be a good opportunity to meet some fellow Bosers...LOL

Mystique1

HSC
Hey, just registered.
Do i get an actual ticket?
Or do i just bring the registration confirmation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)