The Bible and Women (1 Viewer)

BradCube

HSC

nevery

HSC
Well...

Firstly having context, both historical and within the book itself usually makes it very clear exactly what the bible is saying...

You must understand the context for the rule of law in the old testament before you can go willy nilly quoting old testament passages out of context...

The worst passage here which is a personal pet hate of mine is the Ephesians 5 passage....

The whole passage reads

So the man in this context is basically told to die for his wife... as in to die as an individual... and he is expected to bring her constantly closer to Christ and caring for her as much if not more than he would care for his own body. And if he doesn't he will be held accountable for it...

Pretty sure guys get the rawer deal there...
Finally some sense. The OP verses are quoted out of context of both their larger passages and the entire OT, NT and Bible as a whole. The Ephesians passage you quoted sums up the Bible's position in the NT (with Jesus) on the relationship between men and women.

mellie.c

HSC
In other words ignore what you KNOW is evil and continue to "see" only the good parts because your too scared/cbf to challenge the presumptions that you were indoctrinated with.
hahaha dont try and attack what i'm saying.i'm not sticking up for religion...your quote is the way you interpret people that follow the religion.thats fine.

lol both sides of this "religion is violent and sexist" verse religion debate will not have their opinions heard by the people opposing their point of view.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)