The best elective unit (1 Viewer)

explorer

Which 200-level unit would be the best choice as an elective unit(more fun,easy to get D or HD, and useful)?

PS:any1 doing Fin/acst? which elective ya gonna to do this year?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i'm wondering that as well...

i've narrowed it down to 3.. either a politics unit, sociology unit or philosophy unit...

was leaning towards politics and thinking of majoring in it as well if i could....

i've considered those because 200+ units are worth 4 cp which means i can finish my degree in 3.5 years......... and maybe with another major if they let me...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i don't believe there is no such a thing as a fun/easy-to-get-hd unit especially at 200-level.

of course, if there is, do tell.

RIZAL

HSC
OK did a bit of research and i'm thinking of doing ECON232 as an elective.

This unit is highly recommended to students majoring in economics, econometrics, marketing, applied finance and business administration.

Covers the use of quantitative methods in economics, accounting, marketing and finance. Specification, estimation and testing of linear models are studied. Statistical techniques are developed within the context of particular applications drawn from economics, market research and finance. The econometric software package Shazam is used extensively for data analysis.

Preqrequisites: ECON141; ECON110 or ECON111 or BBA103

seems reasonable...

Has anyone done this and is it easy?

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i'd also like to know .... hey is it worth doing econ201?

explorer

Isaaq said:
OK did a bit of research and i'm thinking of doing ECON232 as an elective.

This unit is highly recommended to students majoring in economics, econometrics, marketing, applied finance and business administration.

Covers the use of quantitative methods in economics, accounting, marketing and finance. Specification, estimation and testing of linear models are studied. Statistical techniques are developed within the context of particular applications drawn from economics, market research and finance. The econometric software package Shazam is used extensively for data analysis.

Preqrequisites: ECON141; ECON110 or ECON111 or BBA103

seems reasonable...

Has anyone done this and is it easy?
but i didnt do econ141 in 1st year, this means i cant do most of 200-level units of econ.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
@ Isaaq : ECON232 should be good (just check that not too many actuarials do it, then it's all good)

@ choco : ECON201 is hard because it's boring and requires a lot of reading, and actuarials do it.

@ explorer : you can do most ECON2xy units. If you want to do ECON232, you could prolly do it by applying for a wavier and saying you've done STAT171.

bong

HSC
hey, havent posted in a while.. but *shrug*

for 2004 fin/acst and onwards, we've already got at least 66cp at 200-level and above (67) without needing to do a 200-level unit in one of the electives? (remember to count acst211 in 1st yr)

so why not make it easier for yourself and do 100-level units for both electives :D :D

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
bong said:

for 2004 fin/acst and onwards, we've already got at least 66cp at 200-level and above (67) without needing to do a 200-level unit in one of the electives? (remember to count acst211 in 1st yr)

so why not make it easier for yourself and do 100-level units for both electives :D :D
because in the degree rules it says you need , for example, "66 credit points above the 100 lvl range".

explorer

bong said:

u sure? so why they recommend us to do two electives?

bong

HSC
go have a count, previous years didnt have to do accg253 for exemption, so they only had 64 cp at 200-above without electives,

unless im missing something?

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Just a warning, ECON232 is really hard IMO. A lot more complicated than ECON141. Not many people do ECON232, when i did it there were less than 200 people. Light programming is also needed for the statistical package.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
These 2 units don't have any pre-reqs or recommended units from what I gather:

PHYS270 - Astronomy 3pts
ENV200 - Introduction to Environmental Studies 3pts

Words like 'general-education' in the blurb would probably indicate it's gonna be easy.

bong

HSC
bong said:
go have a count, previous years didnt have to do accg253 for exemption, so they only had 64 cp at 200-above without electives,

unless im missing something?
any of the mods want to add anything? :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)