The Beijing Olympics (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Re: Boycott of Olympics

anti-hypocritic said:
It is a example of YOUR way of thinking.
You mean it's my way of thinking to value human rights? I was always under the impression most people liked their human rights, but maybe I've been getting it wrong all these years.

Let's talk about Japan, it cruelly kills more than 40 millions people not long ago.
So you're saying we shouldn't forgive people and should judge them on past misdeeds regardless of current actions and intent?

That's a bit sadistic don't you think?

I'd much prefer to judge on current action and intent. With China that action and intent is suppression of democracy, freedom, and numerous human rights.

Japan has, since WW2, shifted towards an attitude of openly embracing democracy (as has Germany) and its biggest human rights "violation" is a slightly poor social attitude to foreigners.

Now because it is builds up a parliament and becomes a pet of America, you grant it the laurel of democracy, yet it hasn't seriously aplogized for its atrocity in the Second World War.
Democracy isn't a prize, it's a system of government (one which I'm pretty sure doesn't depend on apologies, regardless of what Rudd might tell you). If you'd like to learn what Western-style democracy means here is a basic starting point for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_democracy

*Minka*

HSC

No.

It didn't work in 1980 and all it does is take away something that athletes have worked for their entire lives and some, especially in sports such as gymnastics, will never get that chance again.

anti-hypocritic

HSC

*Minka* said:
No.

It didn't work in 1980 and all it does is take away something that athletes have worked for their entire lives and some, especially in sports such as gymnastics, will never get that chance again.
Yes. It's clear that Olympics is free of POLITICS.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

anti-hypocritic said:
So any invasion can be justified?
[Justify]: [SIZE=-1]"the act of defending or explaining or making excuses for by reasoning"[/SIZE]

Yeah of course, anything can be jusified to different people, based on the reasoning that they are prepared to accept. I fail to see your point. You dont need truth to justify something, thats pretty obvious. The more people that subscribe to a certain reasoning, the stronger justification there is.

Last edited:

anti-hypocritic

HSC

blue_chameleon said:
[Justify]: [SIZE=-1]"the act of defending or explaining or making excuses for by reasoning"[/SIZE]

Yeah of course, anything can be jusified to different people, depending on the type of reasoning they are prepared to accept. I fail to see your point. You dont need truth to justify something. The more people that subscribe to a certain reasoning, the stronger justification there is.
One this matter, what all I can say is that Korea, China and ASIAN countries will be exceptionally wary of Japan in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A

Who cares China is shit, everybody knows that. That is a fact in anybodies language.

anti-hypocritic you obviously have very little idea on the topic and are just trying to push your subjective political views with bullshit philosphical jargon and excuses.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC

anti-hypocritic said:
A perfect answer. After all, the existence of human beings is a question.
But in considering a particular thing, we can't be paradoxical, can we? It is true that the majority speaks louder than the minority...
Your english isn't too good is it?

anti-hypocritic

HSC

blakegman said:
Who cares China is shit, everybody knows that. That is a fact in anybodies language.

anti-hypocritic you obviously have very little idea on the topic and are just trying to push your subjective political views with bullshit philosphical jargon and excuses.
Blakegman, you may criticise my post&ideas, but I don't think its appropriate to insult a country like this.

blue_chameleon

HSC

anti-hypocritic said:
One this matter, what all I can say is that Korea, China and ASIAN countries will be exceptionally wary of Japan in the foreseeable future.
Wrong for so many reasons.

But what the heck, sell me your views?

bulldogzbabe

HSC

Slidey said:
But the West doesn't want freedom or individuality to catch on, so the heads of every Western country secretly plot to control the media and spread stories to trick people into thinking it is actually China that oppresses these ideals instead. They do this by inventing things like the Tiananmen Square Massacre, Fallun Gong opression, and the unexplainable disappearances of people who try to bypass the extremely strict censorship of religion, democracy and anything that questions the rule of the elite.
channel ten may not be all that great --> but are they really smart enough to actually invent shit about china? are u suggesting that western media is brainwashing western people tryin to make china out to be bad, meanwhile the chinese media, if you can call it that, conveniently omits all this shit they're doing (yes, thats right...they're doin it, they're killin people, u noe it) ... thats not the aussie way man ... we dodge the effort and cut to the real hardcore news topics e.g. britneys havin a meltdown ...

does this whole situation not remind anyone of tiananmen square massacre? people under chinese rule taking a stand for their human rights...their right to be heard, to free media, to independence, to freedom... and getting hammered for doing so

i see both points...i would LOVE to headbutt the chinese government in the groin but boycotting the olympics aint gonna do it... we cant stop trading with them either coz they'll have a whinge and everyone involved will suffer so thats no good ... yet there is no way we should allow it to go by with an announcement from the comforts of our own home that we do not approve of what china is doing... as if they care... where's australia again??

this world is getting too small!!

anti-hypocritic

HSC

bulldogzbabe said:
channel ten may not be all that great --> but are they really smart enough to actually invent shit about china? are u suggesting that western media is brainwashing western people tryin to make china out to be bad, meanwhile the chinese media, if you can call it that, conveniently omits all this shit they're doing (yes, thats right...they're doin it, they're killin people, u noe it) ... thats not the aussie way man ... we dodge the effort and cut to the real hardcore news topics e.g. britneys havin a meltdown ...

does this whole situation not remind anyone of tiananmen square massacre? people under chinese rule taking a stand for their human rights...their right to be heard, to free media, to independence, to freedom... and getting hammered for doing so

i see both points...i would LOVE to headbutt the chinese government in the groin but boycotting the olympics aint gonna do it... we cant stop trading with them either coz they'll have a whinge and everyone involved will suffer so thats no good ... yet there is no way we should allow it to go by with an announcement from the comforts of our own home that we do not approve of what china is doing... as if they care... where's australia again??

this world is getting too small!!
Sorry, but I think Slidey is using sarcasm

Aryanbeauty

HSC

anti-hypocritic said:
1.I don't have the time to do further research on this. But I don't think you can solely rely on American sources.
See you made up as you go along. I never for once believe a 15 yrs old boy would be a ruthless ruler as the chinese tried to portray it to be.

2.Not all tibetans think so. In fact, rioters are the minority.
Non participation does not mean they do not support china. Given the fact that china's ruthless suppression of any dissent in Tibet and elsewhere.

Let's talk about Japan, it cruelly kills more than 40 millions people not long ago. Now because it is builds up a parliament and becomes a pet of America, you grant it the laurel of democracy, yet it hasn't seriously aplogized for its atrocity in the Second World War.
No amount of apology will satisfy chinese demands from Japan. They apologised so many times but you want it more. In what way do you want japan to apologise?

And you didn't answer my quesion as to why America, a perfectly morally greater country has a fastly decreasing reputation around the world (not in certain countries) while it does the "proper" things
Declining reputation of USA doesnt improve chinese image for the slightest. French President Nichlolas Sarkozy is mulling boycott of the Opening ceremony as we speak.

anti-hypocritic

HSC

Aryanbeauty said:
See you made up as you go along. I never for once believe a 15 yrs old boy would be a ruthless ruler as the chinese tried to portray it to be.

Non participation does not mean they do not support china. Given the fact that china's ruthless suppression of any dissent in Tibet and elsewhere.

No amount of apology will satisfy chinese demands from Japan. They apologised so many times but you want it more. In what way do you want japan to apologise?

Declining reputation of USA doesnt improve chinese image for the slightest. French President Nichlolas Sarkozy is mulling boycott of the Opening ceremony as we speak.
1. As I said, I failed to see any sources of you guys, and I have given two,please read the thread.
2. Please give any kind of sources.
3. They persistently hold a special ceremony to the slayers in WW2

Maybe I shall give up on this post. Exhausted...

Aryanbeauty

HSC

anti-hypocritic said:
1. As I said, I failed to see any sources of you guys, and I have given two,please read the thread.
No you haven't provided any article soruce or even allegation that tibetans were forced to donate their private property to their temples or Dalai lama was an autocratic ruthless ruler who oppressed tibetans.

Here is one in Tibet
CHINA has admitted for the first time that security forces shot at Tibetan protesters, as the military pushed on with a crackdown on volatile areas amid fears of mass arrests. The Age (attack against Tibetans)

1989: Massacre in Tiananmen Square
Several hundred civilians have been shot dead by the Chinese army during a bloody military operation to crush a democratic protest in Peking's (Beijing) Tiananmen Square. (attack against its own chinese people) BBC

Associated Press

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 (Beijing)

A Chinese activist, who called for human rights ahead of the Olympics, has been sentenced to five years in prison.

He was then shocked with electric batons as police scuffled with his family after the hearing, his lawyer said.

Yang Chunlin had gathered more than 10,000 signatures for an open letter titled ''We want human rights, not the Olympics.'' From AP

OK just opposing an Olympic is a threat to the national security of China?

They were praying in the war shrine as they did before Japanese occupation of China. You always pick on something such as the prayer at war shrine, their text book, their businessmen travelling for sex tourism in china and any other reason you may find insulting to chinese ego.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

anti-hypocritic said:

China authorises violent military force and subsequent disappearances against Chinese students and civilians protesting for democracy and freedom:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

China suppresses any evidence in the media (news, books, internet) of the above massacre:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989#History_deleted_inside_mainland_China

China makes it law for violent invasion of Taiwan if any of the following conditions are met: Taiwan politically moves towards independence, Taiwan amasses military technology or power rivalling China, Taiwan develops nuclear technology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_status_of_Taiwan

The Chinese government declares that it will solve the "Taiwan issue" by 2020 at latest, and rules out concession of Taiwanese independence. That is: China will take Taiwan by force by 2020, unless Taiwan becomes part of China.

China forces Google to agree to censorship for Chinese residents:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_by_Google#China

Wikipedia blocked in China:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blocking_of_Wikipedia_in_mainland_China

Chinese oppression and censorship of the Falun Gong spirituality movement (a movement which tends to focus on the betterment of individual human rights):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong#The_persecution

Chinese man convicted for 10 years in jail (but he'll probably never be seen again) for divulging "state secrets". He was a journalist who published a message from the Chinese government warning against reporting on the 15th 'anniversary' of the Tiananmen Square Massacre. That's it; that was the state secret:

http://www.rsf.org/article.php3?id_article=14884

Chinese man sentenced to 5 years in prison for rallying public support of the message "We want human rights not the Olympics". Reason: subversion of state power:

http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/350435

China's censorship of media is unanimously ranked worst on all independent scales of freedom of speech. China censors: SMS, email, blogs, websites, search engines, newspaper, television, books, all other forms of text-based communication.

I've compiled a small list of topics censored: religion, police brutality, Falun Gong, human rights, democracy, Tiananmen Square Massacre, Tibet independence, Taiwan independence, anything politically controversial, homosexuality, sexuality in general, history, economy, essentially anything critical of China.

China accounts for 90% of human executions in the world (which includes drug use, robbery, and political dissent).

Not to mention the legal system in China is a disgrace. There is no due process and many common-sense laws don't even exist, or contradict each-other.

Is that enough sources and evidence for you, anti-hypocritic?

Or is wikipedia perhaps too biased somehow, considering it is peer-reviewed by millions of people from every country in the world that hasn't blocked it (oh the irony)?

anti-hypocritic

HSC

Slidey said:
China accounts for 90% of human executions in the world (which includes drug use, robbery, and political dissent).

Not to mention the legal system in China is a disgrace. There is no due process and many common-sense laws don't even exist, or contradict each-other.

Is that enough sources and evidence for you, anti-hypocritic?

Or is wikipedia perhaps too biased somehow, considering it is peer-reviewed by millions of people from every country in the world that hasn't blocked it (oh the irony)?
1.Where do you get that data?

2.I admit Chinese legal system has problems. But you must understand that the law is directly linked to one country's tradition and custom, something you think common sense may not be so common in other countries.

3.Wikipedia is surely a great innovation. But it is basically edited and reviewed by english-speaking people. It can not represent the view of the "whole world", especially on topics about non-science disciplines.

What I don't like is you equate the West to "the world", this is obviously not true.

anti-hypocritic

HSC

It's pointless for me to stay in this thread.
But finally I'm pretty sure that I will see Mr Rudd and Australian team right on the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)