HSC
Uni Grad
only 500 runs on his own, it's doable

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Cricinfo.

Probably the best site of its kind for any sport.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Scared and scarred, Aust have zero chance of winning these Ashes by Michael Vaughn (former English captain).

Aust have too many players suffering from psychological damage of playing against this England team. The Aust team is scarred. Watson is still making the same mistakes this year that he made in 2009. For four years he has planted that front foot over to off stump and played across his front pad. England are delighted to see him continue to play in that fashion.

Compare him with Joe Root. Two or three weeks ago he realised he would be opening the battting and knew Aust were going to bowl full balls at him. He went away and worked hard on coming forward. He didn't have an on drive three weeks ago but now he has added that shot to his game becuase he has realised you have to learn where the opposition is going to bowl to you. I look at Australian batsmen, believe they have to play perfectly every ball and have the right attitude.

If they misjudge the length of the delivery or line. I do not think their technique is going to protect them. As a player if you know that your technique is not going to look after you in difficult times, it drains you mentally. You bat with less confidence because you think one mistake and it is all over.

The Ashes have gone. Australia have zero chance of winning the series now. But now they might as well use the last three games to find out once and for all about these batsmen. Can they cut it at Test match level? Can they overcome failure and disappointment.

Last edited:

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
biggest facepalm when I woke up this morning....... can't believe australia collapsed HARD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)