the arnold misery........... (1 Viewer)

supermike

HSC
N/A
hey i got an ancient looking 4unit mathematics textbook by denise & graham arnold printed a couple of generations ago ( lol actually 1993, its justt too old).

then the other day i spotted a cambridge 4 unit math in a book store wriitten by the same arnolds!

I TOOK A LOOK AT THE FIRST PAGE of every topic AND WENT HOME TO COMFIRM MY SUSPICION

YEP I AM ALMOST SURE THEY ARE IDENTICAL!

so did cambridge press buy off the copyright or sth because the old one was published by edward arnold australia ???

does anyone know????

jackc91

rumpleshit
HSC
I have the same textbook. lol. but my teacher just gives us heaps of sheets

HSC
I have the same textbook. lol. but my teacher just gives us heaps of sheets
yeah last year i started off with this textbook,
but its explanations can be so poor sometimes that our teacher bought us the terry lee one, so much better
but ive also seen cambridge with the exact same book, arnolds prob just changed publishers.
either that or they just haven't realised yet that cambridge is using their book with a better cover :eek:

shuning

HSC
yeah last year i started off with this textbook,
but its explanations can be so poor sometimes that our teacher bought us the terry lee one, so much better
but ive also seen cambridge with the exact same book, arnolds prob just changed publishers.
either that or they just haven't realised yet that cambridge is using their book with a better cover :eek:
refer to this
O
M
G
it's a CONSPIRACY!

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Yes, Cambridge bought the publishing rights of the book.
I believe it was written by Graham and Denise Arnold? Their daughter works at the place of my tuition (Intuition at Epping :D)

P.T.F.E

HSC
i love arnold. haha class has a personal joke with it. i have got the cambridge one and friend has the old blue one lol. i guess its denise and Grahams pride and joy!

shaon0

HSC
hey i got an ancient looking 4unit mathematics textbook by denise & graham arnold printed a couple of generations ago ( lol actually 1993, its justt too old).

then the other day i spotted a cambridge 4 unit math in a book store wriitten by the same arnolds!

I TOOK A LOOK AT THE FIRST PAGE of every topic AND WENT HOME TO COMFIRM MY SUSPICION

YEP I AM ALMOST SURE THEY ARE IDENTICAL!

so did cambridge press buy off the copyright or sth because the old one was published by edward arnold australia ???

does anyone know????
Yeah, there's a few editions. It changed Publishers i think, so they changed the cover. I think my 4unit teacher has the old blue cover one.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Yes, Cambridge bought the publishing rights of the book.
I believe it was written by Graham and Denise Arnold? Their daughter works at the place of my tuition (Intuition at Epping :D)

oeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey sorry, u just remind me of a friend of mine lol:D

Casper_18

HSC
I am pretty sure they are exactly the same. I have a Cambridge book written by arnold. They may just be a newer edition....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)