The Anime Thread (2 Viewers)

Cade

HSC
well studio ghibli's works are not bad. i find them really bizzare and weird.Totally unbelievable.then there's fullmetal alchemist.or erementar gerad.pretty cool stuff.as for those who love mecha there's Vandread.Bleach kicks butt too[i don't mean the detergent k] Btw did i mention i'm an anime freak?!:haha: Do all of u download them off the net? i support originals~~:haha:

Last edited:

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Yeah I'm loving Bleach at the moment. I'm really digging its music and I've discovered a passion for anime music from series (that I've seen obviously). Downloaded all the albums from Bleach, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, Initial D, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu.

I just bought tickets to A Night in Fantasia 2006 today at Kinokuniya. Two A reserve tickets for the 7:30pm show on the 7th. I can't wait!

stargaze

HSC
Hey ppls,

Anyone care to recommend me some good (preferrably new, so i can still download it) anime...

I've never been a big time anime watcher, but I really liked Kenshin, Naruto (well it was mad until like ep 120 or something) and Hajime no Ippo (never got to finish this series :()

any recommendations?

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
i went to a night in fantasia in melb n it was soooo good!!! did anybody else go?

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
stargaze said:
Hey ppls,

Anyone care to recommend me some good (preferrably new, so i can still download it) anime...

I've never been a big time anime watcher, but I really liked Kenshin, Naruto (well it was mad until like ep 120 or something) and Hajime no Ippo (never got to finish this series :()

any recommendations?
Hmm....

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (get it from jaguarpowered.com)
Blood+
Eureka 7

You can give 'Noein' a try. Maybe 'Coyote Ragtime Show' once it is fansubbed. Not quite sure since I haven't seen it yet.

If you wanna try something different, you can give 'The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi' a go. It jumps back and forth alot so if you want to watch it coherently- follow this order:

- Episode 2
- Episode 3
- Episode 5
- Episode 10
- Episode 13
- Episode 14
- Episode 4
- Episode 7
- Episode 6
- Episode 8
- Episode 1
- Episode 12
- Episode 11
- Episode 9

If you want more (or something different), holla.

Last edited:

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
stargaze said:
Hey ppls,

any recommendations?
Ergo Proxy is good, but it's only up to 14 episodes, i think.

XxcazzxX

HSC
all i can say is...
''BLEACH''
''NARUTO''
''FULL METAL ALCHEMIST''
''FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN''​

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
XxcazzxX said:
all i can say is...
''BLEACH''
''NARUTO''
''FULL METAL ALCHEMIST''
''FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN''​
well i've never seen bleach or naruto (altho im planning to :D ) but fullmetal alchemist n final fantasy vii: advent children = absolutely fantastic! LOVED both.

vorahk

HSC
lol? youve never seen naruto or bleach? you re missing out on a lot!

oh for naruto, just watch from 1-120ish, the fillers suck. then start from 200 (like the lastest one) its about how kakashi got his sharigan if anyone interested in naruto.

ergo proxy owns! its up to ep 18 atm.

all time favs are:
Gundam seed
fma
naruto (before fillers
bleach
burst angel
read or die
spiral
elfen lied

there are lots of mad movies and OVAs around too, like:
naruto
2 FF7 advent children
3 Steamboy
8 naruto movie
9 FMA: conqueror of shambala
10 Applseed
12 Blood: the last vampire
14 Kenshin OVAs: Trust and Betrayal
15 Kenshin movie
16 Inu Yasha movies 1-4
17 akira
20 Naruto movie 2
23 FFVII Dirge of Cerberus
25 Gundam Wing Endless Waltz
26 GITS innocence

clare18

HSC
best anime ever!!!!!!............................ Princess Mononoke!!!

funniboi

HSC
Princess Mononoke is without a doubt very good, but not too sure if it's "the best".

man, havnt' been on here in ages. hardly watching anime now-a-days. what's good, what's not? my collection still hasnt shrunk since the last time. o_O. still weird to see so many of ya's around from before. tempco tarsus, doris ?

kouri

well w t f
HSC
new anime season too.

well blood+ is finished :)
honey and clover, ouran host club is also finished.

new anime!
death note!
d.gray.man which.. looks like bleach.. so far.. so wtf.
black blood brothers is quite alright

erh here - >

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed (movie)
Kekkaishi (TV)
Ayakashi Ayashi (TV)
Shounen Onmyouji (TV)
La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ (TV)
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto (TV)
Ayakashi Ayashi (TV)
Bartender (TV)
Guardian of the Sacred Spirit (TV)
D.Gray-man (TV)
Death Note (TV)
Red Garden (TV)
Yamato Nadesico Shichihenge (TV) (wallflower)
Busou Renkin (TV)
Ghost Hunt (TV)
Hataraki Man (TV)
Marginal Prince (TV)
Black Blood Brothers (TV)
Le Chevalier D'Eon (TV)
Project Blue Earth SOS (TV)

a list of what i think looks kinda cool. :)

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
funniboi said:
man, havnt' been on here in ages. hardly watching anime now-a-days. what's good, what's not? my collection still hasnt shrunk since the last time. o_O. still weird to see so many of ya's around from before. tempco tarsus, doris ?
Welcome back, funniboi. :D

Anyway, the shows I'll recommend (in general) are:

Mushishi: (26 episodes)
They are neither plants nor animals. They differ from other forms of life such as the micro-organisms and the fungi. Instead they resemble the primeval body of life and are generally known as "Mushi". Their existence and appearance are unknown to many and only a limited number of humans are aware of them. Ginko is a "Mushi-shi" who travels around to investigate and find out more about the "Mushi". In the process, he also lends a helping hand to people who face problems with supernatural occurances which may be related to the "Mushi".

The storytelling style is mind-boggling. It's so simple a formula that you are tempted to dismiss it off hand. And I nearly did; kicking myself for nearly overlooking this series ever since. What I like about this series is the non-continuity between each episode. Mushishi relies on constructing a story from scratch and hope it lures the viewer in. IMHO, its quite a gem. In every episode, the first 2-3 minutes is completely dedicated to introducing the characters, setting and the plot of the story. Meanwhile, my thoughts aren't drifting so heavily until next 6-8 minutes that I'm engulfed with the world of the Mushi and the tragic story of the human intertwined with them. Its like an old story-teller would tell a younger person, with each story having an underlying meaning (primarily themes on human philosophy). That's the 'required' mindset to enjoy this series.

I don't know of any other series that can supply brilliant 20 minute short stories time after time.

Hellsing Ultimate:
Vampires exist. It is the duty of Hellsing, an organization sponsored by the British government, to hide that frightening fact and protect the blissfully unaware populace. Along with its own personal army, Hellsing also has secret weapons. Alucard, an incredibly powerful vampire, has been controlled by Hellsing for years. It is unclear if he dislikes being a servant to the Hellsing family, but he certainly enjoys his job as a vampire exterminator. Seras is a fledgling vampire and a former police woman. Although reluctant to embrace her new self, she is still a valuable member of the organization. Integra Hellsing, the current leader, is usually fully capable of fulfilling her duty, but lately, vampire activity has been on the rise. Unfortunately, the cause is more alarming than anything she could have imagined. A group long thought dead has been plotting in secret since their apparent destruction over 50 years ago. Plotting to plunge England, and perhaps the entire world, into war.

Simply eye-candy. Its a remake of the original Hellsing that stays faithful to the manga. From storyline, drawing style and character personalities. However, its still in works as they release an episode every 4 months or so (project duration: around 3 years). Expect high-quality stuff. There are two episodes released so far that are usually about 45-50 minutes long. When this remake is finally done, it'll reach for many levels of greatness in anime history.

There are soo many times that I have rewatched the highlight fights in each episode. So god damn godly.

DEATH NOTE (37 episodes)
Light Yagami (Or Raito) is an ace student with great aspects who's bored out of his mind. One day he finds the Death Note a notebook held by a shinigami (Death God). with the Death Note in hand, Light decides to create a perfect world. A world without crime or criminals. However when criminals start dropping dead one by one, the authorites send the legendary detective L to track down the killer.

I have a firm belief that it'll be an excellent adaptation, I swear to god. Madhouse studios did an excellent job with 'Monster'. Another good series that is considerably underrated. The script is entirely done with the same guy who did FMA. Animation directors are the ones who did Rozen Maiden and Mushishi. Let's hope for the best. :)

I haven't watched it yet, but I've heard good and positive news about the show. Not to mention the manga is the most suspenseful I've read.

Edit: Wow. Quite an excellent adaptation in my opinion. <3'd the montage of deaths in the first ep.

Pond of scum funniboi, if you want me to recommend some more, then post your anime list and I'll see what I can figure out for you.

Edit: My watchlist and my backlog list.

Fall 2006 anime watchlist:-
Definite watchlist: (maybe subjected to change)

Kanon (2006 remake)
DEATH NOTE
Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. Solid State Society
Bartender (maybe, maybe not)

Backlog: (maybe, maybe not)

Pumpkin Scissors
Jigoku Shoujo II (Futakomori)
Asatte no Houkou
Lupin III: Seven Days Rhapsody
Black Lagoon Second Barrage
Negima!?
Dai Mahou Touge Daigohanashi Dairokuhanashi

Most of the anime listed are a consequence of watching, reading or downloading too far into their respective stories.

:\

Last edited:

kouri

well w t f
HSC
wtf.
death note..
a total of 37 episodes? what the..

oh man.
cutting it short again

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
tarsus said:
Hellsing Ultimate:
Vampires exist. It is the duty of Hellsing, an organization sponsored by the British government, to hide that frightening fact and protect the blissfully unaware populace. Along with its own personal army, Hellsing also has secret weapons. Alucard, an incredibly powerful vampire, has been controlled by Hellsing for years. It is unclear if he dislikes being a servant to the Hellsing family, but he certainly enjoys his job as a vampire exterminator. Seras is a fledgling vampire and a former police woman. Although reluctant to embrace her new self, she is still a valuable member of the organization. Integra Hellsing, the current leader, is usually fully capable of fulfilling her duty, but lately, vampire activity has been on the rise. Unfortunately, the cause is more alarming than anything she could have imagined. A group long thought dead has been plotting in secret since their apparent destruction over 50 years ago. Plotting to plunge England, and perhaps the entire world, into war.

Simply eye-candy. Its a remake of the original Hellsing that stays faithful to the manga. From storyline, drawing style and character personalities. However, its still in works as they release an episode every 4 months or so (project duration: around 3 years). Expect high-quality stuff. There are two episodes released so far that are usually about 45-50 minutes long. When this remake is finally done, it'll reach for many levels of greatness in anime history.

There are soo many times that I have rewatched the highlight fights in each episode. So god damn godly.
yep :D gotta love it
its kinda got a bit more humour too i reckon.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
37 episodes for Death Note? Damn, makes me wonder where they're gonna end it.

After L's death, or Light's Death?

I prefer the former, because Light died a crappy death at the end...

-P_D

kouri

well w t f
HSC
........... wtf man, you just spoiled the bloody thing didn't you...

Thats really bad buddy.. That is Really bad... You ... you...

I have nothing to say.
As much as... hey.. someone s gotta die..
but wtf.

WWWWWWW T F

SPOILER TAGS MAYBe.

oh madness.

vorahk

HSC
i liked My HIME.. the end was fair cheesy though lol.

Mai Otome was pretty good too ^^.

Ergo Proxy got me hooked, loved it.. 23 eps

Yeah Death Note is really intersting, I'm really into it. my girlfriend reads the manga, she saids its really good. She didn't like ergo proxy, so i ignored her lol.

i saw it come out on anime, watched it and damn, she was right, its awesome! she still doesnt like ergo proxy though :(

bleach is looking good..
naruto fillers finally starts to get better! 195ish+
starting Innocent Venus soon , looks alright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)