The Anime Thread (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Timesplitter 01 said:
Might be so, but they are just letting people steal there profits that could be used to invest in new equipment, etc. But its up to them really, it anit my money.

I have nothing against japan ( except the whale hunting, which it very debateable even though it is part of their culture).

What I can not believe about people is that they still hate them for what they did in the past. Cmon, they are sorry for what they did and let us just move on with our lives. If people continue to dewl on the past then we will never move forward.
Like i said, you are looking at the Japanime industry in terms of Western concepts.

1. Japanese companies DO NOT deal in the West. That is why there are licences bought off the original companies to distribute in the west. This licence entitles them to free reign of the name and content.
2. The Japanese socio-economic culture is based upon a concept of fair-use. The market which the Japanese companies actually work on, that is the Japanese market, understand that there is as much a demand for creativity within their fan communities, thus the vast advertising programs and merchandising each major anime partakes in.
3. The Japanese anime industry is NOTHING compared to the manga industry, the day manga stops being used, will be the day Japanese economy stops functioning.

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
AsyLum said:
Like i said, you are looking at the Japanime industry in terms of Western concepts.

1. Japanese companies DO NOT deal in the West. That is why there are licences bought off the original companies to distribute in the west. This licence entitles them to free reign of the name and content.
2. The Japanese socio-economic culture is based upon a concept of fair-use. The market which the Japanese companies actually work on, that is the Japanese market, understand that there is as much a demand for creativity within their fan communities, thus the vast advertising programs and merchandising each major anime partakes in.
3. The Japanese anime industry is NOTHING compared to the manga industry, the day manga stops being used, will be the day Japanese economy stops functioning.
What you say is true, I am looking at it from a western point of view ( I cant help it , as an economic student).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
But you're still missing point 1.

They dont deal out here, thus there is no reason to even contemplate any 'losses' when they are in profit.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Madman is an American company. I couldn't give a rats arse about an American company. If it's worth buying I'll buy it but in most cases it isn't. When they release anime in America they censor alot of the Japanese humour/scenes that conservative America would not understand or accept.

funniboi

HSC
anime airing on tv then being fansubed for people overseas to enjoy and watch isnt really making them lose profit, because japanese people are watching it on their tv's
we can't.. so we download sub'd ones.

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
transcendent said:
Madman is an American company. I couldn't give a rats arse about an American company. If it's worth buying I'll buy it but in most cases it isn't. When they release anime in America they censor alot of the Japanese humour/scenes that conservative America would not understand or accept.
Actually, I think your think of ADV films

Madman is an australian company

THE MADMAN GROUP
Commencing operation in 1995, Madman is an independent entertainment distribution company, specializing in wholesale distribution of video and DVD movies into retail and rental stores throughout Australia and New Zealand. Madman is Australia’s leading distributor of Japanese Animation, Australian and Global Independent film, Asian Cinema, Bollywood and Action Sports.

In addition to home video, Madman’s activities include theatrical distribution, TV licensing, Hotel and other rights management. Madman also operates one of Australia’s leading DVD production studios and a commercial printing operation.

MADMAN ENTERTAINMENT
ANIMATION/ANIME
November 4th 1996 marked the debut of Madman Entertainment into the Anime video market in Australia. Since this date it has released a number of quality anime titles such as the phenomenally successful Dragon Ball Z, Spirited Away, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, and many more. Other animation releases include well known classic titles such as Astro Boy, Transformers and Robotech.

Madman has managed the national theatrical distribution of numerous anime features, including Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro) in 2003 and Studio Ghibli film retrospectives in 2004. We support film festivals with various anime product and supply titles to repertory cinema on a regular basis.

Madman is Australia’s highest selling and most successful anime video distribution company ever, owing to its careful selection and promotion of premium products, excellent
Contact Details
Madman Entertainment
1-35 Wellington Street
Collingwood, Victoria
Australia, 3066

P.O. BOX 1480
Collingwood VIC 3066
AUSTRALIA

Ph. (61-3) 9417-0977
Fax. (61-3) 9418-7388

General Inquiries: info@madman.com.au
Sales Related: order@madman.com.au
Web Related: webmaster@madman.com.au

Here is the company profile.

http://www.madman.com.au/about/madman_profile.pdf

And unforunately madman does get mainly all its stuff ( licences) from adv.

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
wow all this economical stuff
have like no idea wat pplz r goin on bout
all i moe is anime's good n i wanna keep on watchin it

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
Your leaning towards American television broadcasting standards and their cultural differences, not the actual DVD content themselves...

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
That was the point. If I could buy from Japan fully subbed and at an affordable price I would. There are too many prudish lobby groups in the US.

funniboi

HSC
bleach filler episode was tragic.

naruto filler episode was tragic.

*sigh* not lookin forward to naruto's rice adventures.

tho next bleach ep looks to be a nice one :D

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
lol hope its a good one neways
eh for sum reason i'm really sleepy now so i'm gonna go sleep lol

tempco

HSC
haha as if a guy would have delicate features like that... hrm well, maybe an asian guy would...

funniboi

HSC
lol
there's heaps of pics like that where people dress up
not only of naruto but other stuff..
eg; final fantasy chars
rofl

some of them are tragic :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)