The Abortion Debate (continued) (1 Viewer)

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Seems to me like the common argument that ends in "you just killed beethoven" :) a quite simple retort imo is that perhaps you just killed hitler.
Haha, yeah, pretty much. I geuss that's the kind of thing I was angling at in my above post part (3) where I asked "If more 'bad' people are born than 'good' people then isn't it possible that a higher birth rate might have a negative effect?"

HSC
terces said:
She's terminating a 'potential beeing' - this is murder, in my eyes it is anyway because I know murder is wrong (their right to life has been taken away). But yes, you're right... however; the truth can't be smudged with well educated posts ok, the evidence is right here = abortions are undertaken to end the existence of a potential human.
I am sorry, but the text is irrelevant. I don't know who wrote that nor do I know if it's true (And it wouldn't supprise me if the book is printed in china which is the same place they print the 'Big Friendly Giant'). And personally, I wouldn't know what GOD thinks or does, nor do I want to know.

yeah i was refuting the god argument.

undalay

HSC
HotShot said:
Then point women shouldnt need to have an abortion in the first place. Its funny how you debate this - because at one point you say that its mother body etc etc. yet you dont accept that its the women's fault for being pregnant? After it is her body and she is responsible for it!

So if she becomes pregnant why should she have an abortion? Unless it is life-threatening in that case it is up to the doctors. Rapes preganancy are rare cases.
People know especially in Australia that there are contraceptives available and abstinence is A CHOICE!. And yet they take risk knowing that they wont be able to look after a baby? Isnt that StUpid?
People are stupid. People are uneducated. People can't tell the future. People shouldn't need to be so fucking cautious of every little thing, but that DOES NOT mean that they need to be punished. A little mistake when your 16 or 17 or something, can basically ruin your life for the rest of your life.

Our body has hormonal urges that we cannot control.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
KFunk said:
Haha, yeah, pretty much. I geuss that's the kind of thing I was angling at in my above post part (3) where I asked "If more 'bad' people are born than 'good' people then isn't it possible that a higher birth rate might have a negative effect?"
Looking at the world its pretty clear thats not the case, thats always an issue with you KFunk, you get so caught up in "what if" you tend to ignore "what is."

bshoc

HSC
N/A
undalay said:
People are stupid. People are uneducated. People can't tell the future. People shouldn't need to be so fucking cautious of every little thing, but that DOES NOT mean that they need to be punished. A little mistake when your 16 or 17 or something, can basically ruin your life for the rest of your life.

Oh so the child who had no say in its own conception takes one for the team eh? Punish the responsible, rather than the innocent.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
bshoc said:
Looking at the world its pretty clear thats not the case, thats always an issue with you KFunk, you get so caught up in "what if" you tend to ignore "what is."
So I take it you can substantiate that claim?

undalay

HSC
bshoc said:
Oh so the child who had no say in its own conception takes one for the team eh? Punish the responsible, rather than the innocent.
because the parents chose to have the unexpected pregenancy right?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
undalay said:

Thats exactly the problem since when is that a 'little mistake', is going 100km/h and crashing a 'little mistake' - you cant take that approach its plain stupid.

You made the mistake, you suffer the consequences.

undalay

HSC
HotShot said:
Thats exactly the problem since when is that a 'little mistake', is going 100km/h and crashing a 'little mistake' - you cant take that approach its plain stupid.

You made the mistake, you suffer the consequences.
So if a 7 y-o boy kills both his mother, he should spend the rest of his life in prison.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
undalay said:
So if a 7 y-o boy kills both his mother, he should spend the rest of his life in prison.
no the current law is that he gets counselling and gets mental help etc.

do you ever see a 7yrd old girl have an abortion? or even have sex?

undalay

HSC
HotShot said:
no the current law is that he gets counselling and gets mental help etc.

do you ever see a 7yrd old girl have an abortion? or even have sex?
7yr old girls > primal urges. no exceptions.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
undalay said:
because the parents chose to have the unexpected pregenancy right?
Yes, through risk, the same way a smoker risks his health everytime he/she lights up.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ogmzergrush said:
Good to see you're still on the job, don't let any amount of sense stop you, ever. Keep it real, yo.
Believe me, anyone like yourself has no real conception of what that word actually means, keep tardin' ...

HSC
Seems like this discussion has descended into pointless sniping.

Either you believe that abortion is murder or you don't.
Either you believe life starts when sperm and egg collide, or you don't.

Personal beliefs that won't be changed no matter how much arguing we do.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ElendilPeredhil said:
Seems like this discussion has descended into pointless sniping.

Either you believe that abortion is murder or you don't.
Either you believe life starts when sperm and egg collide, or you don't.

Personal beliefs that won't be changed no matter how much arguing we do.
Abortion is murder unless you believe that the fetus is part of the mother, if that is true then you have to accept the fact that mommy can grow a penis, biology be damned, useless logic.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
So you can't believe a embryo isn't yet a fully formed human deserving the same rights as one?
Stage of formation seems irrelevant, especially from an orthodox biology perspective, if it has its own unique human DNA and isn't dead, its a person, the fact that we register people at birth does not mitigate their 9 months of previous existence. A 9 month old newborn is no less a person in real terms than an 8 month 29 day baby in the womb, and you could roll that date back day by day,

Last edited:

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
Baby uses mums air. Baby takes nutrients from the mothers food.

Not part of the mum? K.
So its ok to kill people during lunchtime? The minute you bite into a steak you become part of the steak? Please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)