• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Abortion Debate (continued) (1 Viewer)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
well you managed to prove to us you can't read for shit.
Well your population comment was even less relevant, we actually have to have immigration to sustain our economy etc.

That's not a very good counter-argument
Well you are a common and irrelevant indavidual who's existance doesent matter becuase nobody would have cared one way or the other if you were killed before you were even born, your sentiments, not mine.

the child has to live with being dead? now THAT'S the stupidest comment so far. How does a dead anything 'live' with itself? utter ridiculousness
It was meant to be a mental quip, death is worse than minor inconveniece, why dont you kill yourself every time you have a headache?

All worship bshoc in his brilliance.
Damn right.

robo-andie

HSC
bshoc said:
Well your population comment was even less relevant, we actually have to have immigration to sustain our economy etc.
If we don't have contraception and abortion wasn't an option don't you think we would be seriously overpopulated?

Well you are a common and irrelevant indavidual* who's existance doesent matter becuase nobody would have cared one way or the other if you were killed before you were even born
Yes, that's right.
*individual

It was meant to be a mental quip, death is worse than minor inconveniece, why dont you kill yourself every time you have a headache?
well, because the headache is the inconvenience. So I take some panadol and kill it (so to speak).

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
"bshoc" as I understand you're not religious in the lay-person's sense of the term... but you consider birth a "miracle"? That's a bit inconsistent don't you think?

wce06

HSC
wikiwiki said:
I think that giving birth to a child that will have very serious defects and live a short life in constant pain is abusing their rights. It is cruel.
How about giving an unwanted birth that will also result in a life of constant pain, just not one labelled 'defective' by your genetic standards? Do you see what I mean? It's inconsistent to say that abortions can be used to stop children being born when they won't get the best choice of life due to bodily defects, yet that any other defects (absent parents, unwanted child), which can be just as damaging to life prospects, do not qualify for an abortion. Why give birth to a child when it is unwanted and will not be loved, cared for? This is not saying that we should throw away condoms and get more abortions, that would be terrible. It's saying that there is a place for abortions, and though ideally there would be none, that isn't the case.

Last edited:

bshoc

HSC
N/A
_dhj_ said:
"bshoc" as I understand you're not religious in the lay-person's sense of the term... but you consider birth a "miracle"? That's a bit inconsistent don't you think?
The term is not being used in the christian context

robo-andie

HSC
bshoc said:
Check the rape statistics idiot.
Just because only 1.4% of women (from a study of 6000 women aged 18 +) are raped each year in Australia doesn't mean that only 1.4% of abortions are not for convenience.

robo-andie

HSC
bshoc said:
No, we'd just have a much smaller immigrant intake
We would probably consume resources and space at a greater rate than we do now. Apply the no contraception no abortion for the planet, not just Australia perhaps you'll see what I'm getting at.

Yes, becuase I'll be damned if pro-death people are placed within the same collective as me.
It's pro-choice and I don't see what any of this sentence has to do with birth not being a miracle.

Likewise, give birth and "rid" yourself of this "problem" with no harm to anyone else.
no.. because if I gave birth it would be the equivalent of me allowing the headache to pass.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
Just because only 1.4% of women (from a study of 6000 women aged 18 +) are raped each year in Australia doesn't mean that only 1.4% of abortions are not for convenience.
Not only this, its doubtful that a majority of rapes result in pregnancy, and those that do are aborted 100% of the time.

Also your statistics are bogus, use an official governmnent source - there are approx. 10000 rapes in Australia per year, and remember those figures include things like poofs raping little boys.

Last edited:

bshoc

HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
We would probably consume resources and space at a greater rate than we do now. Apply the no contraception no abortion for the planet, not just Australia perhaps you'll see what I'm getting at.
No I dont, whatever the African countries, Chinese or Middle Eastern countries decide on abortion is their problem, the focus of this thread is the West.

It's pro-choice and I don't see what any of this sentence has to do with birth not being a miracle.
Its pro-death, some people use it as a slant, I use it becuase its the truth.

robo-andie

HSC
bshoc said:
Not only this, its doubtful that a majority of rapes result in pregnancy, and those that do are aborted 100% of the time.

Also your statistics are bogus, use an official governmnent source - there are approx. 10000 rapes in Australia per year, and remember those figures include things like poofs raping little boys.
little boys don't fall pregnant.
I'm using surveys from Womens Safety Australia. They conducted a survery in 1996 which was watched by the ABS.

robo-andie

HSC
bshoc said:
No I dont, whatever the African countries, Chinese or Middle Eastern countries decide on abortion is their problem, the focus of this thread is the West.
So America where someone is reported to have been raped every 2 minutes?

Its pro-death, some people use it as a slant, I use it becuase its the truth.
It's not the truth.
Pro-choice is not supportive of death, it's supportive of choice.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
Yep meaning there shouldn't be even 10000 abortions per year

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
robo-andie said:

no.. because if I gave birth it would be the equivalent of me allowing the headache to pass.
that comment is unfounded. There has been no recent population explosion that was unexpected, merely a population shift away from western countries and towards african ones.

Our country currently does not have a sustainable population, i think it hovers around the 1.7 per couple mark, that is why we have such a high immigration rate. Saying that we would consume resources and space at a greater rate is rediculous, our government even considers australia to be a little underpopulated, we need a larger workforce to push the ecconomy and we dont have the population to do it.

Some sort of radical ban on contraception, ban on abortion thing would be enough to give our country the boost it needs. Promoting frivlous abortions is something our country does not need, an extra 70 000 births a year would help us considerably.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
Someone ... reported

You support the death of children for convinience of irresponsible and stupid people, I'm sorry but there nothing more scum than that, maybe the bacteria on the soles of my shoes, maybe.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
robo-andie said:
I'm using surveys from Womens Safety Australia. They conducted a survery in 1996 which was watched by the ABS.
you do realise women dont fall pregnant from intercourse every single time they have unprotected sex right? Its more like 1/3 of the time depending on position in cycle. and heaps of women would have been on the pill at the time they got raped because of their boyfriend or to regulate their hormones.

So even if 10 000 rape cases happen a year, if none of them were protected[ implant, pill whatever
thats 3000 pregnancies due to rape each year
take into consideration only women between say13 and 40 are likely to get pregnant and alot of those are going to be on contraception anyway

then thats like 1000 rape abortions a year... a much more acceptable number that 75 000.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Not even 10000, those statistics include males etc.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
robo-andie said:

It's not the truth.
you do realise that more than half of those rapes are male on male in prison right? because i read an article that alledged that currently more men are raped in prison in america than women outside of prison.

edit: 250 000 male inmates raped a year, note that this isnt number of assults which is what female rape figures are based upon[ most of which are one off] but number of inmates who are raped, most of which are raped regularly.
http://www.spr.org/

Last edited:

robo-andie

HSC
Serius said:
Our country currently does not have a sustainable population, i think it hovers around the 1.7 per couple mark, that is why we have such a high immigration rate. Saying that we would consume resources and space at a greater rate is rediculous, our government even considers australia to be a little underpopulated, we need a larger workforce to push the ecconomy and we dont have the population to do it.

Some sort of radical ban on contraception, ban on abortion thing would be enough to give our country the boost it needs. Promoting frivlous abortions is something our country does not need, an extra 70 000 births a year would help us considerably.
Are you trying to convince me that more people does not equal more space?
or that these extra people will not place more of a burden on our depleting resources? or that they won't add to the sickening amounts of landfill?

I don't think just because those 70 000 extra children would help Australia, a mother should be denied the choice between giving birth and abortion. And why? because she should not be forced into giving birth to a child she does not want just so the country can use fresh meat to fill the gaps.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
robo-andie said:
Are you trying to convince me that more people does not equal more space?
or that these extra people will not place more of a burden on our depleting resources? or that they won't add to the sickening amounts of landfill?
You add to it too, and I'm not advocating your post-birth abortion.

a mother should be denied the choice between giving birth and abortion.
Nope, not her life, not her genes or body, not her choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)