• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

THAT point in a relationship (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
Egronk said:
Fuck off!

If the coach of australia called up and asked ANY man in Australia to play cricket for his country, anyone would say yes. Anyone.

Any guy who is about to say "I wouldn't" is a lier and a fool (dude, stop . I'm pretty sure that you would be having plently of moneymoons with all the sponsership money and the free touring to every cricket nation in the world you would be doing with him.
hah, hmm.. right.

i wouldn't. i'm neither lying nor a fool. it's not about having extra money that you could then use to benefit your partner, more showing where your priorities lie in life.

Skeeta

HSC
Lhyviathan said:
Oh. My. God.

*cries*

also. My thoughts arent only based to if he is lucky enough to make a nsw or australian cricket team. Even if he remains a first grade cricketer, he will have a full time job plus these other committments. It will obviously be more time apart if he plays NSW/Australian

The more i think about this the more it is doing my head in.

I love him, i love who i am when i am with him, i love the fact that we DO get time apart, and we get to live our own lives, but i'm thinking about my/our future, and how it will actually work.

Last edited:

quik.

HSC
i wouldn't go for cricket.

id embaress the nation.

union or soccer or something.. yeah i would. i suppose that the 'oppurtunity' value of a contract to represent your country needs to be taken into consideration, and the benefits (travel / financial etc like someone mentioned) are also pretty big perks.

again, good luck with everything :]

edit: the lifetsyle thing is inherent to the individual, you will either cope with it or be unable to. if he wishes to heavily involve himself in such things, he will. i believe the fact that your relationship already succeeds in coping with heavy amounts of training and competition travel to be a large indicator that it could work.. but it's ultimately up to you lady!

Last edited:

ImSoHot

HSC
Okay, I understand the never being around bit yada yada...but fuck, if my boyfriend had a life-long dream to represent Australia in cricket and had an opportunity to fulfil that dream, I would be HAPPY to let him go and do just that. I don't see how that's selfish, in fact I think it's selfish being so consumed in the thought that, oh my god, for one second you might not come first. Honeymoons are just stupid cultural pieces of shit anyway and it's the time you spend together in general, not at some specific time, which matters.

Anyway guys with ambition are hot. *thumbs up*

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
i guess i'm in your position, but on the other side...

been with the boy for 5 years, only boy i've ever been with.
it's been a long drawn-out thing of can't live together unless we're married, can't get married unless i'm christian (like him). now i'm coming to the end of uni and i want to set out into the big wide world and i've basically said to him that he's either travelling with me to far off places in the world, or i'm going alone.

so we broke up the other day.

we still love each other, and i know his heart is more broken than mine. but in the long run it just wasn't going to work.
or more to the point, it wasn't going to work the way i wanted it to. which sounds very selfish now that i see it written down like that. probably because it is.

things will work out for you the way they are meant to. i don't believe in god, but i do believe things happen for the right reason even if they seem wrong at the time.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
ImSoHot said:
Okay, I understand the never being around bit yada yada...but fuck, if my boyfriend had a life-long dream to represent Australia in cricket and had an opportunity to fulfil that dream, I would be HAPPY to let him go and do just that. I don't see how that's selfish, in fact I think it's selfish being so consumed in the thought that, oh my god, for one second you might not come first. Honeymoons are just stupid cultural pieces of shit anyway and it's the time you spend together in general, not at some specific time, which matters.

Anyway guys with ambition are hot. *thumbs up*
Asl?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
vodkacrumble said:
i guess i'm in your position, but on the other side...

been with the boy for 5 years, only boy i've ever been with.
it's been a long drawn-out thing of can't live together unless we're married, can't get married unless i'm christian (like him). now i'm coming to the end of uni and i want to set out into the big wide world and i've basically said to him that he's either travelling with me to far off places in the world, or i'm going alone.

so we broke up the other day.

we still love each other, and i know his heart is more broken than mine. but in the long run it just wasn't going to work.
or more to the point, it wasn't going to work the way i wanted it to. which sounds very selfish now that i see it written down like that. probably because it is.

things will work out for you the way they are meant to. i don't believe in god, but i do believe things happen for the right reason even if they seem wrong at the time.
Fuck, what a fucking waste of 5 years.

How do you feel about that?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
nwatts said:
hah, hmm.. right.

i wouldn't. i'm neither lying nor a fool. it's not about having extra money that you could then use to benefit your partner, more showing where your priorities lie in life.
ok Mr Warhole, from those ridiculous acronyms, i assume you endeavour to be a journo.

So on your honeymoon fairfax or some other major paper is like "yo yo dawg, bounce over to homey headquarters, we are giving you one opportunity to get a job that involves doing something you love, representing your country, traveling, getting paid masses of dosh and only working a few days a month. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you don't take it now you will be forced into a life of mundane 9 - 5 5 days a week boring bullshit for the next 50 years. Your choice playa"

I think your new wife's tears may have washed away as you move into your mansion.

If your strumpet is actually:
1. Selfish enough to try and stop you due to the 'importance of the honeymoon', or
2. Stupid enough to not realise that skipping a couple of days of sex on the beach will set you up for a life of luxury forever.

Think of the fucking children.

Seriously think about it, and then reassess whether you would ditch the honeymoon.

kthnxby.

nwatts

HSC
Egronk said:
ok Mr Warhole, from those ridiculous acronyms, i assume you endeavour to be a journo.
nwatts said:
my ambitions lay in becoming an opium-smoking beat poet.
by default i won't find myself in this situation. and i don't do empathy

Egronk said:
I think your new wife's tears may have washed away as you move into your mansion.
my point was not that i would give up a professionally successful life for the sake of a honeymoon, my point is that i would hold my wife to a higher regard than any opportunities that arise. to me a marriage is more important than representing australia in cricket. :rolleyes:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Well, for one, you just contradicted yourself as playing cricket for australia would inevitably lead to "a professionally successful life", or at least set you up for the next decade through sponsorship dollars alone.

Secondly, you are not trading marriage for a game of cricket, you are already married so the bitch is locked in. You are just giving up a few days of rooting in an expensive hotel (of which there is plenty more to come). Just better hope that you got a prenup.

quik.

HSC
vodkacrumble said:
easier said than done :\
why?

you don't end up with a lifetime partner, but you end up with a wealth of good times and experience, and that can't be a bad thing?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
nwatts said:
my ambitions lay in becoming an opium-smoking beat poet. want me? :rolleyes:

ahahahahaha
we had this discussion yesterday
how many times do i have to say it?
you'll be shunned!!

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
my only input is.

don't call long-term relationships a 'waste' if they don't work out.
Hmm If I broke up with my guy tomorrow I wouldnt say that it has been a waste of 2 years. Far from it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)