That exam sucked (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
nup, i think thats the only way, or the only way i saw it...i guess it was pretty long but wasn't too bad if u know wat i mean
Yeah, the method wasn't a hard, just time consuming.

Forgot to ask, how much of our paper is scanned into the computer? I kind of wrote outside the rectangle for that investment question. It wasn't long but I had an indent so )M or something is on the border :S

name1

HSC
Smeegen999 said:
you didn't need to integrate the log in q 10 (not taught in 2U). you needed to minus the area of the curve between the y-axis from the of the rectangle (7ln5)
wooohooo i was having second thoughts cause no one i spoke to did it like that.
it was a pretty bad exam
like just really frustrating in that i cudnt get 10 b
but know how to do it
i know my answers are wrong for it but hopefully i can still get some marks
other than that it was alright
cept i screwed up 6a and 7a
=[
oh well so glad its over
maths is the worst haha
bring on ext eng =]

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
What is 6a? I think all I had was -3pi/4 and 3pi/4 as my answer. Someone I spoke to said they had heaps. What does the range become? I got -pi/3<=x<=pi/3

I'm not confident with that question. I got confused with inverse functions at first and ended up with a range of -3pi<=x<=3pi then realised that 2 lines of solutions are SO not correct.

Kiwijnr

HSC
ahhliss said:
I proved similar triangles to get MP=s(l-x)/x. Is there a quicker way?
I did that but then i ran out of time when substituting them in to the area formula for a triangle...i didnt get to simplify to the answer...
i might get 1 or 2 marks then. :D

rohitbhuta

starbust
HSC
did u get the last part of q10 b)ii where it asks for the length of MP which gives Area as small as possible. i did the similar triangles as well.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
ARGH I realised yesterday when I was doing an Extension 1 paper at home that I got Simpson's Rule wrong in the exam. I didn't multiply the whole thing by the length of the subinterval/3

rohitbhuta said:
did u get the last part of q10 b)ii where it asks for the length of MP which gives Area as small as possible. i did the similar triangles as well.
I differentiated that equation twice to get stationary point and test for minimum. I forgot my answer though. I think I had only one term on top and bottom. l/rootsomething?

Last edited:

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
ahhliss said:
What is 6a? I think all I had was -3pi/4 and 3pi/4 as my answer. Someone I spoke to said they had heaps. What does the range become? I got -pi/3<=x<=pi/3

I'm not confident with that question. I got confused with inverse functions at first and ended up with a range of -3pi<=x<=3pi then realised that 2 lines of solutions are SO not correct.
i only got 3pi/4, the rest werent in the domain
and -3pi/4 is neg for sin anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)