textbooks (1 Viewer)

miffytoki

HSC
do we need all the textbooks? like the prescribed ones for accounting? Q&A? and Microeconomics.....brand new?

can we sell them again after we're done with them if we purchase them free? if so...where and how?

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
From what I've gathered. You can only get the accounting 2nd hand.

the rest are new editions. Not sure about micro since they've combined micro/macro into one fat book. but check with the bookshop edition's of microeconomics before buyin them 2nd hand.

yes, you can sell them on noticeboards after you're done with them at the end. I'm assuming its free since i saw people just stick it on whenever..

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, you only have to buy books NEW if they are 2005 editions and the lecturer says that the book is critical to your study (ie need to bring to class, exams whatever). Other than that, get them second hand, or share it with a friend or a group and photocopy them (although I don't know the legal implications of this)

Also, you can sell it to the Secondhand bookshop, which will buy them back at 35% of RRP

miffytoki

HSC
yer my sis said to sell them second hand...my gawd tho..i just spend 312 $ on textbooks!! ... my accounting lecturer said i had to get the new edition...prolly shoulda bought the microeconomics second hand tho....it was only 2003 edition....

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
miffytoki said:
yer my sis said to sell them second hand...my gawd tho..i just spend 312 $ on textbooks!! ... my accounting lecturer said i had to get the new edition...prolly shoulda bought the microeconomics second hand tho....it was only 2003 edition....
only the first semester my friend
new books every semester!

Acid

HSC
I spent $440, but granted some of my textbooks were value pack ones I can use for next semester. Either way, $440 for prescribed books is a joke.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
500 bucks.. and that not even all of the prescribed books hehe i got a few more but i can't afford..

i have lots of first year books sitting around:D.. all in good condition too;)

phungus

HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:
500 bucks.. and that not even all of the prescribed books hehe i got a few more but i can't afford..

i have lots of first year books sitting around:D.. all in good condition too;)
Any for sale? I'm all ears =)

flip

HSC
N/A
if i did photocopy someone's textbook or there parts, wouldn't that be breaking some sort of copyright....would anyone care?

miffytoki

HSC
who cares....we're students hehe...to quote that comsoc guy we're "cheap"....neway my sister who did comm/law said she never bought any commerce books, she just photocopied the relevent chapters from the library cos she spent all her money on her law books....which she just sold straight away after.

miffytoki

HSC
redslert said:
wow imagine photocopying that accounting text
yer...accounting is uuuugly thank gawd all we eva gotta bringto uni is that practice set.....my arms are hurtin from carrying all my books around from when i bought them!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It gets worse as the years go on...If I bought all my semester's books new, it'd cost me about $750
I bought only the one's that were vital, the rest I'll bum off the library when necessary.

Accounting has 2 textbooks, Auditing has 3 texts, and Taxation has 3 texts (and each of them are pretty fat)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
miffytoki said:
what do you mean you need to get a new edition of accounting.. its not for 1st yrs is it?

D

dude431

On the same subject, is the QMA textbook also used for QMB?

D

dude431

Why? I think its fine... but I've done some of the stuff anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)