textbooks (1 Viewer)

T

talene

when do we find out what text books to buy?
if anyone here does Social Science (Psych)/Teaching (Secondary), and wants to sell me their books - or recommend anything good, that'd be appreciated

bex

HSC
you can find out what textbooks you need online at the co-op bookshop website by following the prompts but i wouldnt suggest buying them until you get to the uni cause if you become a member at the co-op (i think its $25 and its life membership) you get all your textbooks at a discount.. its a pretty decent saving considering mine are only going to cost me about $400 rather than about $450. you can also buy textbooks 2nd hand from the csusab shop or else i think they have a book stall in o week. youc an also borrow them from the library but youll find that your books come in handy later on so you might want to keep them

Fro

HSC
For sure - co op membership is a must
but goto co op online and check your text lists to get an idea of how much you'll be spending
I know for first year coms almost everyone gets the same texts - and they aint that expensive... from what i can remember
have fun

Gobbie_7

Paramedic (In 3 Years)
HSC
My textbooks cost will $730.44 for the first semester... but that is with all texts and the recommended ones as well. So it probably won't come to that much. That is for the Backelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedic) degree.

bex

HSC
forget the recommended ones.. they are usually just readings that you can source in the library and photocopy..

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
ive only got to fork out 300 for texts this semester, only beacause i bought recomended for pharmacy subjects last year and now u need them

bundyy

HSC
I'll be doing B Social Science (Psych)/ B Teaching (Secondary) and i've calculated 1st semester text books to be $344 and 2nd Semester $ 101... Does this sound right? To me, it sounds a little on the inexpensive side...

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
You guess got a second hand book shop on campus? I'm a tight arse and want to spend as little as possible :p

bex

HSC
not really, there are a couple of shelves dedicated to them in the csusab shop and i think there might be a stall during o week.. otherwise just ask around or try the csusab website
www.csustudents.org.au

T

talene

bundyy said:
I'll be doing B Social Science (Psych)/ B Teaching (Secondary) and i've calculated 1st semester text books to be $344 and 2nd Semester $ 101... Does this sound right? To me, it sounds a little on the inexpensive side...
i can't find the books! how do you know this!?

bundyy

HSC
bex said:
not really, there are a couple of shelves dedicated to them in the csusab shop and i think there might be a stall during o week.. otherwise just ask around or try the csusab website
www.csustudents.org.au
Have a look @ our subject guide and the 1st 4 subjects (for semester 1)... Look at the course codes next to each. Then, go to the co-op website and type in the corresponding subject code. For each code, the books (both recommended and presribed) will come up and the prices of each. I calculated the total to be $344, prescribed and recommended texts inclusive... Some of the subjects however, have no books therefore, no prices... i'm not exactly sure as to what this means!!

bundyy

HSC
talene said:
i can't find the books! how do you know this!?
Have a look @ our subject guide and the 1st 4 subjects (for semester 1)... Look at the course codes next to each. Then, go to the co-op website and type in the corresponding subject code. For each code, the books (both recommended and presribed) will come up and the prices of each. I calculated the total to be $344, prescribed and recommended texts inclusive... Some of the subjects however, have no books therefore, no prices... i'm not exactly sure as to what this means!!

megsy86

HSC
what if the co-op bookshop doesn't hav the txtbooks you need? Any other online bookstores i can try, or should i leave buying textbooks until o week?

bex

HSC
leave buying textbooks till o week... the coop has everything you need but if not they will order it in for you

bex

HSC
bundyy said:
you might have to buy a book of readings which is just a book that the lecturer puts together of articles and essays for you to read week by week. theyre available from the printery and are pretty cheap.. but theyll explain that to you when you get there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)