Textbooks (1 Viewer)

HSC
Where do we find out what textbooks we need for our courses and when do we need to get them by?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
In the unit of study outline or go through Co-Op and type in the unit code. Co-Op is really busy in the first two weeks and the same goes for the print shop/centre if you need to buy guides/readers. Best to wait and see what the unit coordinator or lecturer assigns in the first week of classes and then order your books and readers online. :)

Also I may just add that some readers/guides cannot be ordered online so best to get into the print centre early.

Last edited:
HSC
In the unit of study outline or go through Co-Op and type in the unit code. Co-Op is really busy in the first two weeks and the same goes for the print shop/centre if you need to buy guides/readers. Best to wait and see what the unit coordinator or lecturer assigns in the first week of classes and then order your books and readers online. :)

Also I may just add that some readers/guides cannot be ordered online so best to get into the print centre early.
Link me please? I cant find it :S

Edit: found it. But there's like 100 books haha

Last edited:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Hehe - just type in the unit followed by USyd in Google Search and it'd take you to the unit description/outline/handbook. Also if you can - try and buy your books from Textbook Exchange. :)

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Is it best to order textbooks from coop bookshop online?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Is it best to order textbooks from coop bookshop online?
Yes, but just wait and see what the unit coordinator/lecturer assigns - Co Op can be quite busy so best to go early in the morning or after 3-4. :)

If you need to buy readers/guides from the Print Centre then you'll need to go early (because the lines are bad) and write down the shelf number of the subject readers and guides you need on the day.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Yes, but just wait and see what the unit coordinator/lecturer assigns - Co Op can be quite busy so best to go early in the morning or after 3-4. :)

If you need to buy readers/guides from the Print Centre then you'll need to go early (because the lines are bad) and write down the shelf number of the subject readers and guides you need on the day.
I dunno, I'm going to order the ones that I can from The Book Depository because it can save anywhere from $10-$50 depending on the book.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I dunno, I'm going to order the ones that I can from The Book Depository because it can save anywhere from $10-$50 depending on the book.
I recommended Textbook Exchange in a previous post. :p

naav

HSC
Would you recommend buying textbooks and that now ?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Would you recommend buying textbooks and that now ?
Like I said, best to wait and see what the unit coordinator assigns or what the lecturer assigns and then buy it online at Co-Op if it happens to be a 2013 edition or try and get a deal at Textbook Exchange. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)