Textbooks (1 Viewer)

liz

HSC
Just wondering if anyone could tell me some good textbooks for primary school teaching that deal with:
*planning units of work, assesing and reporting on progress
*strategies for teaching
*planning to different students needs
*behavioural management

As I'm doing early childhood degree and want to learn alot more about primrary school teaching.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Anything by Roy Killen for teaching strategies..

thats all I can think of off the top of my head..... WW has hit it on the head tho.... look up those general areas in your uni library and see whats there...

good luck

rific

HSC
Roy Killen??

I suppose his books are alright, but I just can't take them seriously after his lectures.

rific

HSC
Roy, good ol' Roy...

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't such a fan, lol, you may not have picked up on that from my previous post.

Also, in the spirit of honesty, I was not sad when he retired last year.

I can see the value in some of his texts, but all the same, personal differences prevailed.

Now, if only Mitch O'Toole retired...

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
hahaha I think i must have missed out on those lectures from Roy...

Instead I got Jim Ladwig (the guy who write the Quality Teaching Model)..... now that was entertaining :(

rific

HSC
I always thought Jim was a better tutor than lecturer. He's still streaks ahead of Roy though.

rific

HSC
Yep, that'd be him. Also known as James (not Jim) if you see his name floating around. And yer, he's kinda sorta involved with QT, just a little bit....

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
rific said:
Roy, good ol' Roy...

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't such a fan, lol, you may not have picked up on that from my previous post.

Also, in the spirit of honesty, I was not sad when he retired last year.

I can see the value in some of his texts, but all the same, personal differences prevailed.

Now, if only Mitch O'Toole retired...
one of my girlfriends bumped into roy killen at the doctors surgery waiting room not knowing who he was, and he struck up a conversation with her and was asking her how she found the course and she had a huge bitch to him about how much it sucked..then at uni realised who he was later

rific

HSC
haha, that's great, now if only he acts on it.

There've been a few run ins in the last couple of years with some of the staff and students in my course, some things have changed, most things haven't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)