Textbook Question (1 Viewer)

lolwot

HSC
Hey guys I have a quick and stupid question,

I'm in Year 11 and I am currently considering buying another textbook to supplement the Maths in Focus we are given in year 11 and 12. I am planning to buy the Cambridge 3unit Year12 Textbook in Year 12 and was wondering if it is also worth it to buy the Camridge 3unit Year 11 textbook, or is much of that covered in the Year 12 textbook?

I know my question is very poorly worded but any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hey guys I have a quick and stupid question,

I'm in Year 11 and I am currently considering buying another textbook to supplement the Maths in Focus we use in year 11 and 12. I am planning to buy the Cambridge 3unit Year12 Textbook in Year 12 and was wondering if it is also worth it to buy the Camridge 3unit Year 11 textbook, or is much of that covered in the Year 12 textbook?

I know my question is very poorly worded but any help would be appreciated!
YES. Get the Year 11 too.

deswa1

HSC
The year 11 and 12 books don't overlap- they cover different content so you should buy both.

lolwot

HSC
Thank you both, for your quick responses! :)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Or you can just buy Fitzpatrick which is worth 2 years of satisfactory questions. It doesn't do a great job of explaining, but Maths In Focus compliments it by going to the basics to an extent.

You should try to figure out what you need the extra book for, is it resources or is it a more thorough explanation of concepts. Cambridge may help with the latter, though I would recommend Fitzpatrick for the former.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)