TextBook For STAT170? (1 Viewer)

Gangstar1

HSC
Hey,

Today I had my stat lect and my pro said we probably dont need a textbook for this unit and i was like :speechless:, nah seriously I was kinda thinking that a textbook would be helpful but can i get some feedback from people who did this topic, like was it useful or should i not buy one?

Thanks in Advance

EDIT: Also is printing free at the library?

Last edited:

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
textbook not necessary, lecture note should be sufficient.

last yr printing fees was 11cent each for black and white :p

Gangstar1

HSC
textbook not necessary, lecture note should be sufficient.

last yr printing fees was 11cent each for black and white :p
ohk thanks man, btw did you get good without the textbook?

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
I did stat171, not much differ content to stat170 just harder.

I got friends did stat170 and they bought it and regret lmao. (Ds and HDs)

Anyway, I regret buying stat171 as well since I never use it. ( I got HD in that subject)

Gangstar1

HSC
I did stat171, not much differ content to stat170 just harder.

I got friends did stat170 and they bought it and regret lmao. (Ds and HDs)

Anyway, I regret buying stat171 as well since I never use it. ( I got HD in that subject)
hmmm ohk thanks man +rep

gsweeper

HSC
Only good thing about the textbook is that it has a lot more examples and exercises which are really good. Otherwise I never used it for readings.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
Was contemplating this too.

Spoke to some seniors and the Co-Op staff (who were of no help lol) about it.

Apparently it's a half and half.

Some people dig it in that the textbook gives them a 'genuine feel' and assurance in that they're able to check back on the course work provided on the lecture/course notes whilst others found it more or less unrequired.

Sigh.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Was contemplating this too.

Spoke to some seniors and the Co-Op staff (who were of no help lol) about it.

Apparently it's a half and half.

Some people dig it in that the textbook gives them a 'genuine feel' and assurance in that they're able to check back on the course work provided on the lecture/course notes whilst others found it more or less unrequired.

Sigh.
I personally did not feel like the textbook was necessary, I always had it with me during tutes but I never used it... I went into the final exam with a distinction average.

ameher

HSC
Did not use the textbook at all. Found the lecture slides to be enough, ended up with a HD for the unit. each to their own i guess.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
I personally did not feel like the textbook was necessary, I always had it with me during tutes but I never used it... I went into the final exam with a distinction average.
Did not use the textbook at all. Found the lecture slides to be enough, ended up with a HD for the unit. each to their own i guess.
You guys must have ace brains!

Haha ok i'll heed your words since after all I am saving money and Maths is luckily one of my stronger subjects alongside English.

ameher

HSC
You guys must have ace brains!

Haha ok i'll heed your words since after all I am saving money and Maths is luckily one of my stronger subjects alongside English.
Good man! btw i did it a while ago, but essentially the course stays the same. Dont get discouraged heaps of ppl complain about this subject, but if you keep up week to week u will definetely ace it.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Good man! btw i did it a while ago, but essentially the course stays the same. Dont get discouraged heaps of ppl complain about this subject, but if you keep up week to week u will definetely ace it.
This x1000. I did practice questions nearly every day of the week so when it came to the final exam, I had no trouble. If you put the effort in you will be fine :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)