Text types - Creative writing (1 Viewer)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Hey!

Well, I have this idea.

What if the question asks you to write a letter or something, can we in that case just start of normally.. (Hey, how are you, bla bla) and then say something like, And here's an interesting story that happened to me a few weeks ago. and just insert your pre-prepared story here.

you could probably do something similar with a diary entery:

"Dear Diary, I cant stop thinking about that crazy dream like event that happened to me last year... I'm going to try and remember it, as best as I can."

and bla bla...

is that acceptable?

and goodluck for tomorrow everyone!!!

HSC
just as long as you use the structure of the letter [or whatever they ask for] then i think it should be fine :)

YBK

HSC
Yeah, but if you're writing a short story within a letter then how can you use the structure of a letter?

The letter would basically be the first paragraph and the last one.

karoooh

HSC
Well, when you write the short story, just add in asides i.e. 'What an idiot, isn't he?' And then get back to the story!

Get my drift? :p

But I also want more confirmations about this letter and diary thing. CosI like my story and don't want it to go to waste! :(

Porcia

HSC
yeah u can - its called metafiction

however be consistent with ur text type whatever u choose

Dr_Doom

HSC
yeah that's all I would do if the question asked for a letter or diary entries. just implement my story somehow :p

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
I guess you could do the same thing if they made us write a speech too!

Dr_Doom

HSC
Ahhh! I just tried writing a diary entry story. It's so annoying, because I like to do my whole journey in a day. And if it's journal entries then you have to spread it over days, weeks or months... :\

EDIT: Or can you do just one diary entry for the whole creative writing?

Last edited:

YBK

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Ahhh! I just tried writing a diary entry story. It's so annoying, because I like to do my whole journey in a day. And if it's journal entries then you have to spread it over days, weeks or months... :\

Hmmm.. I'm not sure, what if they ask for a series of diary entries? Does that mean more than 2?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Dr_Doom said:

Hmm possibly you could try and make it as if your character is making an entry every so many hours or something.

Dr_Doom

HSC
Yeah I just rang up the advice line and they said you might be able to do one if they say just "Journal Entry", or if they say entries, you will have to write more than one.

Then I asked if I could do it throughout the day and he said yeah you can. Just like start at 6am and finish at 6pm or later. I don't know. But it doesn't change anything, it would still cut into my journey. (ie whilst my character is climbing to his death he will have to take time out to write a journal entry)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)