Text books (1 Viewer)

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
What text books are you all using?

I have excel lol, recon this is enough???

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
Nah, excel is a study guide more than anything else, not a text book. Good for study though at the end of term and revision etc etc.

The one my class is using is:
PD/H/PE- application and Inquiry (HSC course) by Stan Browne, Karen Lambert, Deb Clarke, Vicki Jeffreys
Published by Oxford.

It's been written to follow the syllabus, with all the Cores and Option modules

It's a good text book (very thick!!) which goes into detail, but not so much that your head spins after reading a paragraph! Although my teacher supplements it with others. For example in Core 1 the whole thing about medicare and the PBS that they go on about is really confusing, and she got us some sheets that explained it better, and even summarised it better for us.

You can buy the book, everyone in our class did so we could keep up to date with hw and things. Stops us faling behind cos we can do summaries and readings at home for hw. I'm not sure who we got the books from but if you wanna know i can find out 4 ya. They set us back $42 each in a bulk order, so they could be more expensive than that.

But u really need a text book, excel wont do it 4 ya!!!

Last edited:

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Our class is using Outcomes 2 by Ron Ruskin, Kim Proctor and David Neeves. It also includes the cores and all options and is pretty big. No idea where to get it though.

How are you finding PD/H/PE anyway??

bubblette

my teacher makes us use the application and inquiry one along with one called "health moves". I'm not sure who it's by because we only use it in class. Ask you teacher about it. It only goes into depth with some things where as other topics are very simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)