Text book this, Text book that, where do you get them? (1 Viewer)

HQ_BUDDY

Ok this goes for all science courses(as im doing all 3)

Ok, i am in yr 11 and i have got the conquering chem book, ive looked for other books for chem,bio and phys but the only style of text book i can find is excel and i hate excel, thats all i can find in those book stores like dymocks and that robert anderson one(?). So where do i find em, i dearly need that sucess one as lots of pll say its got lots of good exam practise Q's, something i need.

Thx in advance guys. :)

A l

HSC
N/A
For Chemistry:
- Try and find those Surfing Chemistry Series for every topic. It is rather useful for creating notes or a summary.

For Physics:
- Go for Jacaranda Preliminary Physics, a lot of people highly recommend it. You can find these especially at Dymocks book stores. It has a syllabus map, and some exercises with objective answers you can check at the back. The explanations in this textbook are very clear and very technical or conufusing language is kept at a minimum.
- Try and find those Surfing Physics Series for every topic. It is rather useful for creating notes or a summary.

For Biology:
- Try and find Jacaranda Preliminary Biology. Although, in my opinion it is not as good as the Physics book. Most answers to questions are rather subjective, so there are no answers at the back. However, if you would like to explore deeper into Biology, I would recommend it. Some pictures in this book may either interest you or disgust you...
- Try and find those Surfing Biology Series for every topic. It is rather useful for creating notes or a summary.
- Go for Heinemenn Biology as a useful resource for explanations. I haven't had as much experience with Heinemenn as Jacaranda, but I think it is useful if you want to get a clear explanation of a certain concept.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
You should be able to find all the textbooks you need at Dymocks in the city. The one on George Street near or in the Galeries Victoria. And usually if they don't have it, they'll order it for you.
For Chemistry, I recommend you purchase Chemistry Contexts, and the Surfing Series.
For Year 12 however, wait for 2005 HSCers to sell their old Chemistry textbooks, you'll get it for at least 50% off RRP. Just visit the Buy/Sell section throughout November.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)