text 1 - shadows/sun (1 Viewer)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
did anyone mention how the inconsistensies in the shadows meant the sun could not physically/logically be anywhere in the sky
i said this represented the journey as paved by nurture not nature

did anyone else mentioned this??
none of my friends did and i want to know if i am the only one in the state :D

good luck for the rest of exams

Acid

HSC
I think you're looking a bit too far into it Andrew :)... but it's sophisticated nonetheless.

I just mentioend the juxtaposition between the imaginative and the physical (dragon and road, flying-saucer and road), and the fact that because you cannot see the ending of the road, no amount of worldly knowledge (literally shown by the globe on his head in the picture) can allow you to predict where you journey will end.

Simple shit like that...

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I just said the footprints symbolise physical journey. Dragon and UFO symbolise new experiences and knowledge of the extra-ordinary. Globehead = knowledge.

If the sun can't be anywhere in the sky, is that relevant to the journey? They could be using numerous spotlights in the sky, ya know, but that's irrelevant too.

mishka

HSC
N/A
yeah the most i read into it was how the contrast between the medieval dragon and the spaceship symbolised how the nature of our journeys have changed over time due to forces such as technology.

i think a lot of people in my school didn't realise that the VERY FIRST QUESTION was only worth one mark!! some said they wrote a page on the first question!!

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
lol
yeh i am talking about the 5 marker when u compare the way it represents the journey

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
part e?

Bah! I just wrote that my 2 chosen texts have different form. I hope to get one mark for that. Had like a minute to do that question.

mishka

HSC
N/A
oh, oops. i think i mentioned it in that question too. i did the 1st and 4th texts, saying that although the definition of journey was similar, the fourth text was a more personal opinion/response and that the CD-Rom cover dealt with more stereotypical responses to journey. the 4th text expressed the fact that each journey was unique "like a marriage".
jeez, i can crap on!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)