Tested on non-syllabus material (1 Viewer)

mr_guy99493

HSC
I know that the syllabus is the blueprint for the questions for the HSC - has to be in syllabus to be asked right?

Our teacher taught us something just for trivia, and suggested that we learn it. The next week we had a revision assignment and this was in it, since he has also tested us in our assesable topic tests. He now insists that we learn perfectly because "it could be in your hsc" but it cant i say,

aaaarrggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a stupid topic

and also, how about teachers who create little loopholes so that their disproved theories can be assumed correct.

im quite annoyed about the non syllabus material junk. it cant be assessed in the hsc can it?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
no. and that isnt a loophole, your assessment shouldnt have anything thats outside the syllabus.

what did he ask?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
no. and that isnt a loophole, your assessment shouldnt have anything thats outside the syllabus.

what did he ask?
yeah, but be on the watch out for ppl. testing u on "obscure parts of the syllabus" such as the catholic papers, which made ppl. assess the reliability of this article or something insane like that. :D

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
if u know ur syllabus u'll be fine

however, ur school may test u and teach u on stuff outside the syllabus

Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, but be on the watch out for ppl. testing u on "obscure parts of the syllabus" such as the catholic papers, which made ppl. assess the reliability of this article or something insane like that. :D
was that the space shuttle trial question? i had no probs with it:p

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Yeah but its not in their interest to do so because teaching stuff outside the syllabus detracts from teaching stuff inside the syllabus and having the school do well in the HSC exam

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Calculon
Yeah but its not in their interest to do so because teaching stuff outside the syllabus detracts from teaching stuff inside the syllabus and having the school do well in the HSC exam
i agree. however, more often than not its reasonable to teach stuff slightly out of the syllabus, so that students understand the concept

btw my physics tutor taught us whatever, he didn't know what band 6 was:D but he rocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)