Terry Lee Science Bankstown (1 Viewer)

yellow99

HSC
has anyone been to Terry Lee's science place at bankstown? a doctor named ai teaches science not terry lee but idk if I should go. can someone pls tell me how he teaches (and if he teaches like terry lee) and if hes good cos i'm really considering lol. some people who've been there recommend it so yeah

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I haven't been there. Lol. According to my friend, its taught by some guy called Dr ai tu Hoa (I think he's a uni professor. Not 100% sure)
Apparently he's really good, he can explain really well. From what I've heard it's $60 for both physics and chemistry (1.5 hours per subject) which works out to be $20 an hour

You can try Mr Zhang in Burwood. I heard he's good as well but a bit more expensive than Dr ai tu hoa

Terry lees a dickhead who wastes your time. Gives you not much theory and gives you so much questions out of the textbook to do (according to someone who went to Terry Lee). I heard that he teaches the year 12 class and his son teaches the year 11 class. I also heard that at Terry Lee, they get state ranks in maths and the median mark for maths was like 93. I also heard you have to do an entrance test for Terry Lee in order to get in to his year 12 class

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I went to Tu-Hoa Ai's Physics classes back in Years 11 (2012) and 12 (2013).

From memory, he charges $20/hr (I went to Physics which was 1.5 hours a week - thus, it was $30/week).

My Physics ranks from Year 11 to Year 12 probably improved thanks to him.

Class structure:
- Gives out notes. His notes aren't that great - I just used other people's (past students) notes back in Year 12.
- Goes through theory.
- Most of the time is spent on working through questions.
- Holds on the spot quizzes every now and then.

I think he's really helpful in assisting you to understand concepts (and understanding is so important for Physics).

He has an Asian accent (as you would expect) but he's easy to understand :)

Definitely recommended!

yellow99

HSC
ooo okay i see, i think i will try a class for chem. do you know when he starts the year 12 classes? i'm tossing between peak and him cos i heard peak is pretty good too. btw thanks for the replies

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
ooo okay i see, i think i will try a class for chem. do you know when he starts the year 12 classes? i'm tossing between peak and him cos i heard peak is pretty good too. btw thanks for the replies
Not 100% sure when the year 12 classes start. Will ask my friend and pm you asap. For peak, I've heard good things and bad thing about it. The good are that that they teach well (for most) and the bad were that they don't teach that good (for some) and the classes are cramped as hell (like 40 kids per class). Tbh honest, it really depends on which teacher you get (even though all teachers are trained). If you get the principal of peak (most likely year 12) you will find peak good, if you get a uni student, it's hard to say whether or not he/she will good,bad or neither. The tutors at Peak will usually give you their email so then you can ask them for help during outside tutoring hours. Peak doesn't go through practicals although they will give you a set of practical notes (very in-depth and concise) which will compensate for the lost practicals. I've seen their results and they get state rankers on a regular basis

Another suggestion is Mr Zhang in Burwood. Heard he's really good infact better than matrix. He gets quite a lot of band 6's and like peak gets state rankers on a regular basis

Don't go to matrix or talent 100. Both are fucking shit (unless for matrix you get a good teacher like DJ but that's almost never going to happen)

Hope that helps,

Eyeseeyou

yellow99

HSC
ok thanks, I'll probs join when the classes next yr begin. hopefully my chem will improve cos rn its absolutely horrendous

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I think his classes start in the middle of the year (half a year ahead of school). Same with peak. Not 100% certain though

If your chemistry is horrendous then I suggest getting a tutor. As long as they give you their email or you can approach them out of class, you can get the help you need

Shumba

HSC
I currently go to Ai's classes
They're quite good - he works he pays special attention to stuff likely to pop in the HSC, which is something quite a few centers overlook in favor of just covering all the content
As opposed to Terry Lee, Dr Ai only makes you pay for lessons you attend (if you skip one, he's not stingy about making you pay bulk in the beginning for all lessons). He's also up for explaining stuff after class if you don't get it
Currently, phys and chem is on Fridays, from 4:30 - 7. (1.5 hours per each subj, $35 ea.)
Def. recommend him. As RivalryofTroll said, he does have an accent, but its slight and doesn't get in the way of his explanations.
btw, classes start again from 24/1/2016. pm me if you want his number to contact about joining

~Shumba

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I currently go to Ai's classes
They're quite good - he works he pays special attention to stuff likely to pop in the HSC, which is something quite a few centers overlook in favor of just covering all the content
As opposed to Terry Lee, Dr Ai only makes you pay for lessons you attend (if you skip one, he's not stingy about making you pay bulk in the beginning for all lessons). He's also up for explaining stuff after class if you don't get it
Currently, phys and chem is on Fridays, from 4:30 - 7. (1.5 hours per each subj, $35 ea.)
Def. recommend him. As RivalryofTroll said, he does have an accent, but its slight and doesn't get in the way of his explanations.
btw, classes start again from 24/1/2016. pm me if you want his number to contact about joining

~Shumba
Do you know whether or not he's a uni lecturer?

Also, does he give you his email so then you can ask him questions?

Do you go Terry Lee? Lol. How is it there? I heard that Terry Lee was good at teaching but does a lot of time wasting. He gets state ranks on a regular basis and the median mark for maths is like 93. According to my friend, his son taught really horribly but Terry taught good

yellow99

HSC
if anyone could tell me when the year 12 classes start at dr ai tu hoa's centre it would be very much appreciated. thx

yellow99

HSC
lol i meant to say when DID the year 12 classes start? cos id like to know if dr tu hoa ai starts yr 12 before school starts yr 12 syllabus ~ some places start the yr 12 syllabus in term 4 in time with school and that is not ideal for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)