Terrible internals/ aceing external?? (1 Viewer)

bigdawstv

HSC
Guys would like to ask:

If you're getting 40-70's in you're assignments, but smash you're externals say 90-95s? would you be getting 80's?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Really depends on a few factors for your internal mark:
- how your cohort performs in externals
- what's your internal rank/position and the relative gap between you and your peers

You could get 40-70s in your school assessments (because your school sets insanely difficult exams) and still be coming 1st. Then in externals, you scored the highest exam mark of let's say 95.

You'll get 95 as your internal mark (you're ranked 1st internally and will receive the highest external mark as your internal) and keep your 95 external mark. Average it out and your final HSC mark will be 95 (note that your exam mark is an aligned rather than raw mark) despite getting 40-70s in school.

bigdawstv

HSC
Really depends on a few factors for your internal mark:
- how your cohort performs in externals
- what's your internal rank/position and the relative gap between you and your peers

You could get 40-70s in your school assessments (because your school sets insanely difficult exams) and still be coming 1st. Then in externals, you scored the highest exam mark of let's say 95.

You'll get 95 as your internal mark (you're ranked 1st internally and will receive the highest external mark as your internal) and keep your 95 external mark. Average it out and your final HSC mark will be 95 (note that your exam mark is an aligned rather than raw mark) despite getting 40-70s in school.
My rank for everything except English is pretty bunched up with others, we have hard exams and harsh marking for most subjects.

Although my school ranking is bad, and I'm not coming first

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
My rank for everything except English is pretty bunched up with others, we have hard exams and harsh marking for most subjects.

Although my school ranking is bad, and I'm not coming first
Basically it really comes down to the strength of your cohort.

You might kill externals but have your internal mark drag down your final HSC mark because you didn't do that well in internal assessments and your cohort underperformed in externals.

I think you should just focus on trying to attain the best possible internal rank (ideally first or close to first).

bigdawstv

HSC
Strengh of my cohort is weak

I'll try and improve my internal marks, their not looking so good atm but i'll work on it.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys would like to ask:

If you're getting 40-70's in you're assignments, but smash you're externals say 90-95s? would you be getting 80's?
depends on subject
for example maths ext 1/2, highly likely

It all depends on how well your cohort performs at the actual hsc exams themselves, which will affect predominately your internal mark.

manishaestelle

HSC
Depends on subject cohort and scaling it's hard to explain if they work in your favour I think you should be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)