• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Term Four - Accomplishments. (1 Viewer)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
What have we all accomplished in regards to our major works so far this term?

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
What I have acheived:
A firm idea.
A vague understanding of crowd psychology.
Making a commitment to decide on a plot over the break.

plus a whole heap of worthless dribble in my journal.

:D

gwemma88

HSC
A friggin' huge amount of journal work and a solid idea, after writing my proposal then hating that idea.

HSC
N/A
If any of you are planning on working during the holidays, may I suggest that you work on developing your concepts - actually start writing and playing around to see what they feel like when on paper. Some will look better, some will look worse, and it's better finding out sooner or later. :)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
glitterfairy said:
If any of you are planning on working during the holidays, may I suggest that you work on developing your concepts - actually start writing and playing around to see what they feel like when on paper. Some will look better, some will look worse, and it's better finding out sooner or later. :)
glitterfairy, did anyone in your ext2 change their concepts very late into the course?

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
i did, i changed halfway through term 2, pretty late in terms of writing

HSC
N/A
ScottyG said:
glitterfairy, did anyone in your ext2 change their concepts very late into the course?
No. However we had really good teachers who pushed us to have a full working draft by the end of Term 1 (ie the summer/autumn holidays). The vast majority of people had already gone through at least one or two concept changes by that point. We did have a few girls change mediums late-ish, which sort of amounts to the same thing - to my knowledge they mainly adapted their work rather than starting from scratch.

However we DID have quite a few late changers in the EE2 BOS class of 05.

But as a general rule, the quicker you get working drafts going, the quicker you find out what works and what doesn't.

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
I've got a solid, cemented idea, with themes, concepts, form, but without much actual plot or storyline or characters. Not a whole lot of research or journal work. I really need to read a lot more than I have already. Still, it's taking shape up here pretty well *taps head*

HSC
N/A
In a nutshell I would probably list EE2 priorities like this:

1. Working on major work
2. Keeping up to date with research, reflection and documentation
3. Completing the EE2 assessments/Other related writing stuff

Don't spend too much time doing the non-solid stuff. Naturally I'd advise you work in steps if you're having motivation difficulties (ie research the writing medium if you're REALLY stuck, work on preliminary studies/reflection if you're stuck) but otherwise, start on the major work. It's the ONLY thing that can really give you an indication of where you're heading and how well it's going :)

gorgo31

HSC
tez0r said:
i did, i changed halfway through term 2, pretty late in terms of writing
Likewise. I still never really found a "concept" by the end of the course, which is what I believe let me down at the marking centre. That's just never how I've written. But really, there's not much to worry about kids. At this stage, you'd perhaps be a little overconfident to have much about your work set in stone.

I do advise that you find a solid concept though, or at least some kind of amalgamation of your ideas to submit :D

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
- Figured out main idea
- Fogured out how my protagonist will kill herself (with Vodka, Valium, and Xanax, if you must know ;))
- Refined characters
- Refined idea
- Worked on my journal
- Found a friend to do in depth critiques of my work
- written two drafts
- failed at writing two drafts
- been rejected by six authors
- stuffed around, filling up my journal with pretty headings

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Wow. Sounds tragic almightyBZZZ.

Keep pushing forward though, every rejection is a step closer to acception.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)